Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 01-13-2017, 06:09 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,867 Times in 1,000 Posts
Default Re: Pet Insurance

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone in the tread is going to try it on their dog that has cancer. Good reading.

</div></div>

We for one are willing to try as one of out two English Mastiffs has bone cancer and the vet says he will never tolerate chemo so this would be the next thing to try. Thanks for the link.
Rick and Ann
Attached Images

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 02-16-2017, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Pet Insurance

Good afternoon! Went for l'il Beastie's bloodwork testing and chemo on Feb 13th. Blood values (creatine) are improving and now in the normal range. Gotta go back on Feb 20th for more bloods and chemo pilling. I gave the Oncologist the Homeopathic information on the liquids that we are trying and he said he'd look at it. Creatine levels were very high and into the danger zone, but now, as of the 13th, down appreciably into the normal factoring. I will get back after the 20th and hopefully l'il beastie is still going lower.
We and the insurance company still having a go on the &quot;pre-existing conditions&quot; in a certain time period.
It ain't over people, just a startin' on this non payment of what was set out in the insurance policy.
Oh me gosh Rick and Ann, what a beautiful face on the Mastiff. We WANT things to work out for you!
Try as Hard as you can with the various treatments now available.
Ted
Old 05-06-2017, 01:59 PM

Good morning! Still at it with l'il beastie and the insurance co. In fact, starting to heat up a mite. They will go back day 1 since you owned your pet and see what info is available from various vets you've been to 10 - 15 years ago. They are looking for anything to negate the paying of claims. A few people I've talked to are trying Homeopathic treatment(s) to go along with chemo and apparently with success.
SS427 if you want I can give you the name of this company that is helping pets fight dreaded
cancer. I will not put out the name on a "public board".
PM me if you'd like as I have not forgotten your English Mastiff ..
T Opel
Old 07-24-2017, 03:36 PM

Good morning!! Wee bit of an update on what is going on with the Pet Insurance company.. We are still at it with the Insurance company. Lately another one of our cats
has been found to have dental problems. We have been brushing his teeth fairly regularly
but, new problems have reared. The cat is 17 years of age - but a frigging beauty in many ways. Insurance will cover 600 beans per premium year which is a heck of a lot better than zippo. Rates of dental vets are quite high as pet has to be put asleep for the work to be performed and effected at the same time. X-rays must be taken after work is done pet has to be watched carefully and hospitalized.
Here's da preacher in me again. Have teeth, gums checked out annually. Brush teeth a couple of times a week - look for certain telltale signs of problems i.e. bad breath - tongue sticking out of mouth a wee bit - not eating like they normally do - take a peek in the mouth at the teeth - straight - crooked - loose - gums bleeding etc etc.
When you adopt a cat or cats, use your head, 'cause the beauties are gonna age.
They have to be dentally checked - not sure if that sounds right, but you get the idea, otherwise if you let it go 'cause you have too many animals, you gonna be bitten in the posterior sooner or later with a large vet bill. The insurance policy you have must read that coverage will be covered for dental exams and some cleaning etc etc etc.
Nice to adopt kittens eh boys, but, insure the l'il beasties as they are going to age just like us and it'll be hard to put em down 'cause the bux $$ are not flowing big anymore.
Take care!
T.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:45 PM

Good Day!
We are now waiting a Biopsy report on specimens taken from a mass(?) on the left lower jaw.. To be honest, it really does not look good, and, likely cancer.
3 cats out of three since Nov 2015.
Kibble we were feeding them for many a year must be the common denominator.
It seems as soon as Gluten was taken from the Kibble mixture, problems started.
Keeping our fingers X'd on the biopsy results.
Ted
Old 07-26-2017, 07:07 PM

Fingers crossed Ted. Keep up the good fight!
Buddy
11 cts-v black diamond edition wagon 556hp GONE
15 camaro Z/28 white AC brand new
Old 07-29-2017, 03:53 PM

Good morning! Thanks Buddy for the "fingers crossed.
Received Biopsy results and as kinda expected cancer encore. We'll have a meeting with the Oncologist next week to discuss various options. If she gets in too much pain, the doc and me wife and I will have a decision allbeit not a happy one. We are allready giving her Homeopathic medicine(s) and antibiotics and pain killer from the teeth extractions last week. I never really beleived in the Homeo stuff but it has helped immensely in the
first cat's treatment. She was not expected to go beyond 10 months but, believe it or not, she is close to 20 months now and a goin' strong.
Sent in the Vet bills last week for the latest cancer victom and we have not received anything as of yet. W/o the insurance we would've been sunk in the first cat's treatments. We and the insurance company are still at it with an "exclusion" clause and we ain't giving up. Can't name the company, but, even our vet says they seem to be honest. Just a few issues to iron out and Buddy we are Keeping up the good fight.
Anyone of you lads see the Brave, beautiful, valiant Marine Corps dog named Cena?
I had a tear or 50 in me eyes. This 'beastie' was loved by many, many Marines incl.
myself. Beautiful, beautiful dog!.!. Have a good rest now!!
Old 09-17-2017, 02:08 PM

Good Morning!!
Last week was a bad 'un.. Lost our 2 oldest cats within 5 days. They were 17 and 15 years of youth.. Cancer of the jaw and the other cat was in remission for 6 - 8 months and all of a sudden - weight loss big time and did not have much interest in anything . .
Brought her over to Hsptl and her b - - - I do not want to get into the stories as the sadness is very high right now.. Anyways, 2 beauties in 5 frigging days gone from us.
Once it is time for them to "go", they will let you know, then you have ta stop the pain
a.s.a.p.
Just waiting for the Pet Insurance company to see what they will come through for us.
By the way people, the insurance company except for an issue or two remaining has in
fact laid out over 22G to this point in time for 3 of our deceased because of cancer beauties. I cannot give out the name of the company, but, AGAIN, make sure what you are signing, get info you must have in writing in case accident, and cancer esp cancer hits. Take not the insurance agent's word(s). HAVE it in writing. I implore you.
22Grand and counting is no small amount that the company paid for out cats.
Will get back when I know more on the final bills. IMP IMP as soon as you find a pet, get Insurance. 2 loving cats within the last 5 days gone due to cancer ..!!
Ted
Old 09-17-2017, 04:38 PM

Sorry for your loss Ted. I know how hard it is. My boy Sarge is gone 2 years now at only 7 1/2. The littlest thing that reminds me of him, and I'm done.
Buddy
11 cts-v black diamond edition wagon 556hp GONE
15 camaro Z/28 white AC brand new
Old 09-17-2017, 05:05 PM

Thanked 3,867 Times in 1,000 Posts

Very sorry to hear of your pets passing Ted. We are still fortunate enough to have both of our pets but the clock is ticking. You can never prepare for it though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations