Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 12-30-2017, 05:08 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1969 COPO camaro going to auction.

Hi. The Albaugh Collection is sending a 1969 Fathom Green Copo to Kissimmee next week. He is selling because he purchased a fathom green Yenko recently. This car was sold Thru Dale Chevrolet and is in the registry. VIN 650526. Comes with NCRS, and certification from COPO Connection and Camaro Hi-Performance Inc. Car was frame -off restored some years ago and the excellent body and paint present themselves as fresh and straight with good panel fit. No chips, dents or scratches. Recent polish in our shop.

Motor has been proffesionaly rebuilt with few miles. I believe that it is a real MN motor but not correct for this car.Restoration VIN has been stamped on the block, but another number is partially visible underneath. Unfortunately, not enough to get a complete reading. The original MN stamp looks great with broach marks and all.1968 M-22 is not original to this car. BE rear is authentic according to Camaro Hi-Per. Has a very nice medium green interior that is a combo of original and repro pieces. We replaced the dash housing as the wiper switch studs were broken off as well as the lower steering column shroud tabs. Everything works now including the AM radio. We also removed and resealed the intake and cleaned it while it was off. Everything inside looked fresh and clean. The reproduction chambered exhaust was rusted out from sitting, so we installed a chambered exhaust that we removed from a ZL1 in the collection. Not quite original as it has an X pipe.

Although some parts are original restored pieces, some are reproduction. This is not a concourse restored car but an
excellant
show car that is to nice to drive on a regular basis. For pictures see mecum auction listing for Kissimmee lot number s104.

I will be at the auction wed thru sat to answer any questions. All in all its a great car that will make someone very happy if they are looking for a car to drive to and from cruises and shows but guaranteed to win awards.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0118-31...t-copo-camaro/
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 01-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Larry,

What do you mean not authentic? Says it's in the registry and certified?

Ad basically says it's a real copo, but not concourse restored. Did I miss something in reading it?

Tks,

Rich
Old 01-02-2018, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,076 Times in 1,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRY540 View Post
how can mecum rate this cars worth at 110-135....cool car but not authentic...this is whats happening the car market....
Larry,

Please refrain from negative comments in the classifieds. The rules are clearly stated at the top of the forum:

No negative comments in the classified sections. We all have opinions, but we don’t need to bash people for placing an ad that doesn't agree with our idea of value etc. Members should be able to place an ad without worrying about being bashed

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
mmcporter (01-06-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 03:22 PM

Awesome Car Steve!!!!!!!! My favorite color combo!
Old 01-02-2018, 05:29 PM

.... Looks like it is in line with Hagerty.com values

.... The car looks pretty nice .

... Good Luck with the sale
Old 01-02-2018, 11:29 PM

Thanked 1,293 Times in 501 Posts

Andy since you have had this car you have really brought it up to another level congratulations and good luck with the sale
The Following User Says Thank You to Copo_Cartel For This Useful Post:
ORIGLS6 (01-25-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 11:48 AM

ive read many posts on here where people comment on listings. You can take it anyway you want. i wasnt bashing his car. i didnt say it was a bad car... i was only saying mecum rating a car that high in price is affecting the market....
Old 01-03-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
ive read many posts on here where people comment on listings. You can take it anyway you want. i wasnt bashing his car. i didnt say it was a bad car... i was only saying mecum rating a car that high in price is affecting the market....
Larry, I actually asked buddies of mine on here why it was estimated as LOW as it was. Seems to me like a nice, real COPO that is a very good value.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Last edited by Pusher_Man; 01-03-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:46 PM

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARRY540
how can mecum rate this cars worth at 110-135....cool car but not authentic...this is whats happening the car market....

Larry. You said his car was not authentic. That is pretty much bashing it. That is why we don't want these comments in ads. If you have some type of proof it isn't a COPO you should let us know .
I think we can move on now.
mmcporter (01-06-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 06:14 PM

Don't all cars in the for sale section require a price?
Have the rules changed?
The Following User Says Thank You to NovaMob03 For This Useful Post:
BJCHEV396 (01-03-2018)