PDA

View Full Version : Gibb 68 COPO Malco Deuce

69z28302
03-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I was looking through some old photo's of my friends and ran across this 68 Gibb/ Malco Deuce photo. It appears to be Grecian Green. Thanks to Ted Brann for this shot at Clay City Dragway in 71.
Does anyone remember this car?
Mike

http://http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/rpoz28302/gibb68nova.jpg

copo-2
03-10-2009, 06:05 PM
In looking at the picture posted, just wondering what information you may have that this is one of the Gibb COPO Novas? Though it is hard to tell for sure, it looks like this Nova has a couple of questionable options that none of the Gibb factory built cars had? Vinyl roof, bright window trim with side trim full length of car??? The angle of the picture, lighting, & shadows, can sometimes make an illusion, We do understand??

69z28302
03-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Great questions. I just assumed it was a Gibb car. It does not have a vinyl top . It's just the lighting on the photo. Did all Super Sports have the lower fender embelm? Car looks to be Grecian Green of course that doesn't mean anything. I thought it was a Gibb car. It may not be. Newbie.
Sorry

Mike

copo-2
03-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Mike,

Nothing to be sorry about? It is just the fact that the picture might be a little deceiving? That may not even be bright side and window trim I see in the picture, just as it almost has the appearance of a vinyl top, also? Yes, the 68 Super Sports all had that emblem behind the front tire. This was a 1 year deal for the 68's, also the front hood emblem said Chevy 11. Both of these were 68 specific. Too, not saying this is not a Gibb Nova as the things I mentioned earlier, could have been changed by the owner even in what I question as seeing in the photo? Would be nice to know a little more about this car, should you be able to supply? Any interior shots, maybe? I'm with you on the color! Appreciate your posting!!!Ray

69z28302
03-11-2009, 03:07 AM
After looking at it compared to the Gibb cars I saw at VetteFest I believe you are correct. They were all post cars.
I talked with Ted and he said he thought this car ran out of Dayton OH area.

I just like these old drag photos

Mike

Darrell king
10-14-2023, 07:51 PM
This car was raced by dallas lunsford and then by my dad bernie king

Stefano
10-21-2023, 10:16 PM
After looking at it compared to the Gibb cars I saw at VetteFest I believe you are correct. They were all post cars.
I talked with Ted and he said he thought this car ran out of Dayton OH area.

I just like these old drag photos

Mike

All third Gen Novas had a B-Pillar?

GrumpyJeff
10-22-2023, 06:52 PM
This car was raced by dallas lunsford and then by my dad bernie king

Very Cool ! any more info or even pics you could share ?