PDA

View Full Version : Build Sheet Question

OneStopRestoration
01-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Can anyone help expalain. The build sheet states that the car was charged to Chevrolet Motor Div GMC. A dealership, Johnny Londoff Chevrolet is the dealership on the sheet, listd below the charge to Chevrolet Motor Div GMC. Has anyone seen this before. One other thing, the name JB Milton shows up in the space below all the options. I attached a picture. Any information would be appreciated.

Rixls6
01-03-2010, 09:50 PM
It very possibly is for a zone demonstrator car as I've seen others like that, and they were zone cars.
Show the complete sheet.

OneStopRestoration
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
At this link you find several pictures of the car along with the build sheet

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46014661@N04/sets/72157622970120355/show/

Mr70
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Looks like it was a Brass Hat car.

OneStopRestoration
01-04-2010, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It very possibly is for a zone demonstrator car as I've seen others like that, and they were zone cars.
Show the complete sheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly was a zone demonstrator car? I guess I would now have to ask why would a zone car be built in May of 72. Wouldnt a car used for demonstration be built in late 71?

Rixls6
01-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Well, with that build date, it probably was a brass hat car like MR70 said.

COPO PETE
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
My 71 Monte Carlo sheet is the same way. I was told it was a GM executive car. Charged to Chevrolet Motor Division, shipped to Les Garrett Chev in Irving Texas. Car was pretty much a full load car, but interesting on the build sheet under the options it has the name "G McNeil", yours has JB Milton.
I'm assuming that is who received the car.
Peter

BUIZILLA
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
my '72 Stage 1 GS was the same way... and my original build sheet clearly showed it... it was charged to the GM zone office in CA, and drop/delivered to Ladin Buick-Opel in Thousand Oaks as a drop point, it was the same car that was the NHRA World Champ in 72-73, and was ordered/owned by a Buick Zone Mgr by the name of Bill Trevor, and used as a factory promo Buick show/race car. Ron Kincaid in SC has the car now, and he has all of the documented original day 1/day 2 paperwork, and factory acknowledged letters.

MultiMopars
01-04-2010, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Show the complete sheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly was a zone demonstrator car? I guess I would now have to ask why would a zone car be built in May of 72. Wouldnt a car used for demonstration be built in late 71?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this car a Chevelle?

Here is a possible THEORY of why in May.

Factory demos for traveling reps were typically driven less than 10K miles. At that point they were offered at a discount to dealers to sell as "factory exec" cars. Warranty miles and time did not begin until it was sold to a customer so it was like buying a broke in new car at a discounted price. Often there was a "friend" of the exec driving the car that wanted his offed demo. Sometimes the car was actually speced by a customer that was assured they would get the car after it was done in factory service. Sometimes the rep themselves would buy the car for themselves or a family member.

A factory rep would be prevy to the styling change of the Chevelle for 1973. A lot of people did not like the appearance of the 1973. A late year 1972 model build for one of these cars MAY have been caused because of this.

OneStopRestoration
01-05-2010, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Show the complete sheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this car a Chevelle?

Here is a possible THEORY of why in May.

Factory demos for traveling reps were typically driven less than 10K miles. At that point they were offered at a discount to dealers to sell as "factory exec" cars. Warranty miles and time did not begin until it was sold to a customer so it was like buying a broke in new car at a discounted price. Often there was a "friend" of the exec driving the car that wanted his offed demo. Sometimes the car was actually speced by a customer that was assured they would get the car after it was done in factory service. Sometimes the rep themselves would buy the car for themselves or a family member.

A factory rep would be prevy to the styling change of the Chevelle for 1973. A lot of people did not like the appearance of the 1973. A late year 1972 model build for one of these cars MAY have been caused because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats correct, this car is a Chevelle