PDA

View Full Version : 70 SS COLOR COMBO

lwkitt427
01-04-2010, 04:48 AM
HEY GUYS I KNOW FROM THE PAST QUESATIONS I HAVE ASKED AND HAVE ALWAYS REVEIVED GREAT INFO FROM THE MEMBERS I AM LOOKING AT A 70 SS N EBAY RIGHT WITH A COLOR COMBO I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE. CAN ANY TELL ME IF THEY HAVE SEEN THS CAR OR HAVE SEEN THIS COLOR COMBO BEFORE EBAY # 170417168638.
THANKS
LES

442w30
01-04-2010, 05:02 AM
For what it's worth...

1. It's better to post a link rather than a number for someone to fumble

2. Your auction number is incorrect, and you didn't describe anything about the car so I don't know what to look for

3. It's easier for my eyes to read in something other than all-caps, unless you have a handicap

Carry on! http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SS4Real
01-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Les,

Is this the car? Shadow Grey with red interior?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-CHEV...=item27ae41be1e (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-CHEVELLE-SS-454-LS5-COWL-INDUCTION-FOR-SALE_W0QQitemZ170427268638QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ca rs_Trucks?hash=item27ae41be1e)

And yes, it has been noted that LES is visually challenged so please cut him some slack.

442w30
01-04-2010, 05:45 AM
My pleasure to cut him some slack!

Silver and red are not unusual, so I don't see gray and red as being any different other than I haven't seen an SS in this combo before.

Mr70
01-04-2010, 05:52 AM
I'M TYPING IN CAPS AND HILIGHTING IT AS A COURTESY TO LES SO HE CAN READ IT EASIER.

YES LES,IT WAS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE TO ORDER A 1970 SS CHEVELLE IN SHADOW GREY WITH A RED INTERIOR,BOTH BENCH OR BUCKET.I'VE ONLY SEEN A HANDFUL OF THEM SO FAR.

RICK

lwkitt427
01-04-2010, 07:09 AM
GUYS SORRY FOR THE CAPS I DO NOT WHY IT MAKES SOME PEOPLE SO MAD. I HAVE A 20 70 VESION AND IT JUST MAKES IT EASIER ON ME I MEAN NO DISRESPECT. BUT WILL TRY AND DO A BETTER JOB NAD NOE AS FAR AS THE EBAY NUMBER SOME OF US ARE MORE COMPUTER LIT THAN OTHERS ALSO. SO AGIN I AM SORRY FOR NOT GETTING THE NUMBER CORRECT.

THANKS FOR YOUR IN PUT. BUT STILL HAS ANY ONE SEEN THIS CAR IN PERSON AND HAS ANY ONE HERE SEN THIS COLOR COMBO BEFORE. AND I HAVE ALSO JOINED THE NEW CHEVELLE SITE AS OF TO NIGHT.

THANKS
LES

BARNFOUND YENKO
01-04-2010, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
GUYS SORRY FOR THE CAPS I DO NOT WHY IT MAKES SOME PEOPLE SO MAD. I HAVE A 20 70 VESION AND IT JUST MAKES IT EASIER ON ME I MEAN NO DISRESPECT. BUT WILL TRY AND DO A BETTER JOB NAD NOE AS FAR AS THE EBAY NUMBER SOME OF US ARE MORE COMPUTER LIT THAN OTHERS ALSO. SO AGIN I AM SORRY FOR NOT GETTING THE NUMBER CORRECT.

THANKS FOR YOUR IN PUT. BUT STILL HAS ANY ONE SEEN THIS CAR IN PERSON AND HAS ANY ONE HERE SEN THIS COLOR COMBO BEFORE. AND I HAVE ALSO JOINED THE NEW CHEVELLE SITE AS OF TO NIGHT.

THANKS
LES

[/ QUOTE ]

No problems here and no need to apologize, it takes much more to bother me than someone typing in caps. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Nova Jed
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Not to Hijack, but thought this was an odd color combo as well. ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Chevy-Nova-SS-4-Speed_W0QQitemZ170427246679QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_C ars_Trucks?hash=item27ae416857)

442w30
01-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Working in an industry with lots of creatives, I am pretty in tune with colors. I don't know why a blue/blue two-tone car would be odd either as they match perfectly.

Even some truly odd combos may seem normal to us - what about Richard Petty's race colors?

When it comes to red trim, we usually see red, black, or white cars. Silver is usually next on the list as a match for red.

Nova Jed
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
The two blue shades don't make it that odd, but the fact that most had a white painted roof or vinyl. Not too mention the sandalwood interior with the Fathom blue/Astro blue combo on a Nova? I know it was offered from the factory, but had never seen that in the real.

442w30
01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
I like two-tone cars, so I tend to notice them when they appear. Still, the following that I'm going to relate is merely my experience and may not hold true as absolute fact.

When I see one, it's usually one color on the bottom and black or white on the top. Next in popularity is contrasting shades of the same color, like this Nova. I've also seen stuff like pale yellow with a green top, which matches well and is very much a combo from the era. Least popular from my experience is black or white with a color on top, such as this GTO I've seen.

In regards to the contrasting interior, don't forget that black and white match everything, so it would stand to reason that the logical color choices to match the outside would be blue (if available), black, or parchment.

Nova Jed
01-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Oh, I agree with you don't get me wrong, it's just that I love Nova's and I know I have never seen such a color combo. I've seen a Shadow gray with Dark Blue interior before. That was pretty cool. Gotta love the 60's and 70's!

442w30
01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't think I've seen a two-tone hi-po Nova, but I've seen one '69 Camaro SS that was blue (in GTO terms it was Warwick Blue, I think) with a white painted top. I saw it in Nashville in 1992 or so.