PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on ebay Chevelle.

Johnny Horsepower
02-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Have a friend looking for a nice driver priced correctly.
He Likes this.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet...Q5fTrucks#v4-32 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Chevelle-1970-SS-396-Chevelle-Original-Build-Sheet_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem23056fb18eQQitemZ 150415061390QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks#v4-32)

any thoughts or red flags.
(I know there is no Trim tag pic)

XXXGoldL34M20
02-22-2010, 06:51 AM
i just don't understand why i see so many 1970 SS's with those stupid trim bars in the middle of the SS grill?
it just kills me to look at them http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
build sheet photo is very blurry.
no SS rubber pad on the rear bumper?
cowl induction ring and seal missing?
are those 15 inch rims on the back or just the wrong trim rings?
and much more.........
car needs a lot of attention to detail IMO

Mr Yenko
02-22-2010, 06:59 AM
And dont forget the coul grates that dont belong. Put them on the Monte Carlo where they should stay. The biggest pet peave when i see them on Chevelles.
The "MOF" http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

ohhawk
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Pros -

* easy fixes on the noted incorrect items
* buildsheet looks authentic
* A/C
* unique color combo with the blue vinyl roof, won't be many like it

Cons-

* Ad says paint is excellent, looks old to me (maybe camera)
* vinyl top not for everyone
* ad leaves out description on the rest of the drivetrain

If drivetrain is original and paint is good, I would offer $28,000 if that were the car that had the color/options I'm looking for. If your friend is willing to go mid-30s and be flexible with colors/options then I think he can find a nicer/larger selection for a "nice driver quality" Chevelle.

Car needs to be seen, of course, if he's serious.

Johnny Horsepower
02-22-2010, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pros -

* easy fixes on the noted incorrect items
* buildsheet looks authentic
* A/C
* unique color combo with the blue vinyl roof, won't be many like it

Cons-

* Ad says paint is excellent, looks old to me (maybe camera)
* vinyl top not for everyone
* ad leaves out description on the rest of the drivetrain

If drivetrain is original and paint is good, I would offer $28,000 if that were the car that had the color/options I'm looking for. If your friend is willing to go mid-30s and be flexible with colors/options then I think he can find a nicer/larger selection for a "nice driver quality" Chevelle.

Car needs to be seen, of course, if he's serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I told him he is close to original motor nice drivers in his price range.
Don't know if the colors are correct, have not seena trim tag and can't read it on the build sheet. Motor is not original, but I believe correct. Seller is a stand up big collector, this is his driver.

Thanks for the help all.

John

ohhawk
02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
John -

If you look in the lower right of the buildsheet you can make out....Lower/Medium Blue (25), Top/Blue Vinyl, and Ivy Trim entries. The color box in the upper left area seems to confirm it as well though it is even harder to read.

Mr. Chevy
02-22-2010, 07:32 PM
A friend of mine is going to have a beautiful 70 Chevelle SS car for sale in the spring. Astro Blue, black stripes, cowl hood, 350 HP 396, 4 speed car.. Car is a frame off resto.. I posted pictures of the car a few weeks ago when I helped him put the body back on the frame..

Car will be done right and mechanically A-1 to drive I assure you that, my friend is very meticulous especially before he sells something.. Not sure the price range you are looking at but the car will be well worth the $$$..

Rich

SS4Real
02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A friend of mine is going to have a beautiful 70 Chevelle SS car for sale in the spring. Astro Blue, black stripes, cowl hood, 350 HP 396, 4 speed car.. Car is a frame off resto.. I posted pictures of the car a few weeks ago when I helped him put the body back on the frame..

Car will be done right and mechanically A-1 to drive I assure you that, my friend is very meticulous especially before he sells something.. Not sure the price range you are looking at but the car will be well worth the $$$..

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Those pictures were really nice Rich. How much will he be asking?

Mr. Chevy
02-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Jim, I think he is going to be in the neighborhood of upper 40s.... but I'm not 100% certain.. It will be in that ballpark somewhere though...

Rich

XXXGoldL34M20
02-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Also for the Pro's and Cons's,don't forget that automatic cars are worth a lot less than a four speed for the 1970 Chevelle SS.