PDA

View Full Version : Where are parts from the Ribbon Camaro?

RichSchmidt
01-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I know that somebody on one of the forums(either here or Detriot horsepower) said that even thought the Ribbon Camaro is now part of a man made reef that there were a few parts still laying around in Hawaii. I recently got in contact with Dennis Ferrara who opened a shop where he is building exact replicas of all his old race cars and even goiung to race them down the track until they run the best e.t.s from back in the day. The first car up is the Ribbon car. I told him maybe even one or two original pieces remain. That would be cool to see the parts back on the replica car.

He is also duplicating the red white and blue ex Jenkins car and still owns the original doors that were on it from the Jenkins days and the original fiberglass 74 style pro nose that will be used in the buildup.

I speak to Dennis on a regular basis now and can get in contact with any time.

BTW,he and Richie Zul verified that the restored Toy #8 is a relica and they contacted Mecum to let them know. Dennis will be at Mecum next week. Let the fun begin.

Martyn L. Schorr
01-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Rich:
Can you tell me where Dennis has a new shop? Haven't been in contact with him since he stopped racing the '69 Camaro which is after the "ribbon" car. I'd like him to be aware of my book which he is in: MOTION Performance, Tales Of A Muscle Car Builder. To the best of my knowledge he hasn't been in touch with Joel either since the mid-late 1970s.
Thanks,
Marty

sixtiesmuscle
01-29-2011, 02:59 PM
I normally don't respond to baseless opinion & speculation about cars, but, although I respect both Zul and Ferrara for their past success, their opinions on this particular car are based solely on speculation that the car they each once owned would have required too much restoration to be the car that I restored. If either one would like to discuss the car, they can contact me here. I know the facts, as does Bill Jenkins, who verified the car both before & after restoration. The car being offered at Mecum IS the restored Jenkins "Grumpy's Toy VIII". Anyone who says otherwise is subject to litigation.

sYc
01-29-2011, 03:56 PM
A very cool piece of racing history.

I was at York when Mike first showed the car, and got to see Grumpy look the car over. Following the inspection, Grumpy posed for pics with the car.

iluv69s
01-29-2011, 04:02 PM
It has probably been talked about before...is this car the car that came from Baltimore?..I believe it was offered on Ebay at one point...Target Automotive was the name of the shop? If I recall? I knew of that car which was supposed to be 'the Grumpy' car. I could have bought it years before it was on ebay. If it is not the same car, I guess there is another car that is supposed Grumpys Toy.

Is there a link about the discussion of this car here?? It really interests me.