PDA

View Full Version : spending money like water at Nickey..

black69
02-21-2011, 12:17 AM
I recently talked more with my father-in-law who street raced around chicago alot. He bought a new 66 dark blue chevelle with a 396 and blew the engine up a few times (returning to Nickey each time). Eventually he had a Nickey 427 installed and seemed to do very good as a street racer (said he hardly ever lost).

It sounded like he definitely lived out of the Nickey catalog on speed parts spending money like water. The car was in and out of there alot for work and the money flowed into that car according to him.

I mentioned a car called 'tuff rabbit' I saw in a recent hot rod magazine that ran out of the chicago area, and he said his Nickey prepped dark blue chevelle beat that car (he described tuff rabbit as a green camaro that operated out of a standard station near 55th and king drive).

His last race in the chevelle ended up in a drag race gone wrong where on fulton near grand, he ran off and hit a pole because the other guy drifted into him. He said a guy in a car called 'high and mighty' went and chased down the other guy got his money from the race. I told him I thought that car is still around and would like to get him connected with the owner to relive the past.

If anyone has and drag picks of a dark blue 66 chevelle from Nickey with light blue ghost lettering called 'street cleaner' please let me know. He then moved on to a 69 nova for 'street cleaner II'.

It would make his day if he could see a pic of his old car.

kwhizz
08-21-2011, 03:11 AM
What is your father in laws name??

Postsedan
08-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Great Stuff! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

black69
10-11-2011, 12:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwhizz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What is your father in laws name??</div></div>

hey kwizz, missed the post, sorry for the delay.
his name dick bruno. He has pictures for me of his chevelle I need to see the next time we have him over for a bears game. Will be cool to see his car finally.

bob

kwhizz
10-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Nope.....Don't know him.......Just thought I would ask....You never know!!

black69
11-05-2011, 07:44 AM
my father in law just got a pacemaker, so hopefully he comes to the show and you could meet him. he has not been well. I need to go through all his stuff to bring his car pictures. He worked at mr norms for years too.

Stefano
11-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Artist and car enthusiast, Dana Forester had a Nickey Chevelle which sounds very similar to this car?

black69
11-07-2011, 08:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Artist and car enthusiast, Dana Forester had a Nickey Chevelle which sounds very similar to this car? </div></div>

stephano, he said he wrecked it. But maybe he had to sell it or something and would rather tell me he wrecked it, nothing suprises me anymore. I will bring some of his pics to the show. street cleaner was written right above the rear wheel opening.