PDA

View Full Version : Mecum is going to Texas this Fall

Stefano
03-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Mecum is going to Texas this Fall. Stay tuned for details.

rubbinisracing
03-16-2011, 04:20 AM
About time! The quality of consignments at Leake is poor and it's mainly dealers trying to unload cars that can't pass a ride and drive inspection.

Dallas would be the best city, it has the best east/west and north/south interstate access and you can't beat DFW for air travel.

mockingbird812
03-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Hey Howard. Glad to see you chime in!! DFW would be a good place for an auction like Mecums!

Stefano
03-16-2011, 04:37 PM
It usually takes an Earthquake or Tsunami to get Howard moving.

We will announce the Venue soon. Just keep October open.

Stefano
04-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Mecum in Dallas October (http://www.mecum.com/auctions/consignment_list.cfm?AUCTION_ID=DA1011)

mockingbird812
04-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Steer Dana & Co. to Scottsdale!

Stefano
04-21-2011, 03:41 AM
Expect to see more auction venues in the future.

Right now the focus is on expanding and improving the existing Auctions, as well as the new Dallas addition.

Mecum Kissimee is the week following the "Arizona" Auctions and one of Mecum's premier venues. It has been growing by leaps and bounds. Mecum doesn't want to take anything away from this major event.

mockingbird812
04-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Man - you sound like you're on their payroll or something! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

Thanks for the background and update Stefano. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Xplantdad
04-21-2011, 04:46 AM
Good stuff Stefano...say hi to your pops for me!

TimG
04-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm looking forward to the Dallas auction, thanks Stefano.

It looks like the St. Charles auction is earlier this year, it may be hard to make them all.

Flight427
04-26-2011, 02:07 AM
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/DA1011/data/DA1011_placeholder.jpg

Stefano
04-26-2011, 03:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good stuff Stefano...say hi to your pops for me! </div></div>

I will, and I hope that he's feeling up to coming to Indy.

We already have more than 50 quality consignments booked for Mecum Texas.

Still a long way to go with many great positions still available.

This event will be televised live on the Discovery HD channel, just like all of the major Mecum events.

Stefano
10-05-2011, 05:03 AM
There are now officially over 700 vehicles booked for the auction.

It will be streamed live via the internet as well a shown on Discovery channels Velocity HD TV.

Several members have great cars in this auction too.

Xplantdad
10-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Very cool!

bashton
10-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Going to be another outstanding Mecum Auction.

If you are in the market, I recommend checking out the Mecum site and booking a flight, there is some GREAT cars and bikes going across the block this weekend!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Woj
10-07-2011, 02:24 PM
I stopped by the auction yesterday, met up with Roger Day to check out the cars. There are some really nice rides going through. If you are in the area, it is certainly worth checking out.

I happen to be in Dallas for training, so the fun time was limited to yesterday. Also had a chance to check out Roger's Harrell Chevelle. Very nice.

Phil Woj

Postsedan
10-08-2011, 04:02 AM
Phil,

You need to have this training in Chicago in August!

Dan

olredalert
10-09-2011, 02:33 AM
-----Just watched that triple-black 69 L/88 cross the block at $465,000. Nice job Dana and the boys!!! Saw Stefano doing his best imitation of an operator, as well as Chris P and Steve Bramati. You guys are having too much fun......Bill S

Stefano
10-10-2011, 02:24 AM
The winning bid was actually $562,500.00 and the L88 is coming back to Chicago.

Hope Ashton has some room at MCACN for it.

Xplantdad
10-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Very cool!!!

olredalert
10-10-2011, 03:05 AM
----Wow,,,Somebody must have not wanted Terry M to get his hands on another one, huh?.......Bill S

bashton
10-10-2011, 03:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The winning bid was actually $562,500.00 and the L88 is coming back to Chicago.

Hope Ashton has some room at MCACN for it. </div></div>

We are going to make some; picture this next to the black 1968 L88 that we have already signed up for our Triple Diamond Gallery!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

SIR-VIVOR
10-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Black/Black + born with engine + great documentation + unrestored original = Green$$$$. With Bloomington Gold cracking down on restoration engines, the few handfuls or born with engine L88's are double value. The same on '67 435's was proven at this auction also.

black69
10-10-2011, 10:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIR-VIVOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Black/Black + born with engine + great documentation + unrestored original = Green$$$$. With Bloomington Gold cracking down on restoration engines, the few handfuls or born with engine L88's are double value. The same on '67 435's was proven at this auction also. </div></div>

I went and checked out the Mecum auction results and was floored over the 427/435 vette price for original engine cars. Who keeps track of the ones with original engines? For example, the red red one is the only one of 9 with the original engine, where is that info kept? -bob

TimG
10-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Nobody tracks this information and it would be hard to track it now. Word of mouth is the best method to really know what may not be real.

olredalert
10-11-2011, 01:12 AM
-----Looking forward to finding out whos garage this great L/88 will be residing in........Bill S

SIR-VIVOR
10-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Trained eyes can tell a real motor if you've looked at enough of them.

Xplantdad
10-11-2011, 04:30 AM
Chris, I hope that Chivas is feeling better! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

SIR-VIVOR
10-11-2011, 05:08 AM
Thanks Bruce!Much better!

SBR
10-11-2011, 03:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIR-VIVOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Black/Black + born with engine + great documentation + unrestored original = Green$$$$. With Bloomington Gold cracking down on restoration engines, the few handfuls or born with engine L88's are double value. The same on '67 435's was proven at this auction also. </div></div>

I went and checked out the Mecum auction results and was floored over the 427/435 vette price for original engine cars. Who keeps track of the ones with original engines? For example, the red red one is the only one of 9 with the original engine, where is that info kept? -bob </div></div>
I have been tracking red/red 435 convertibles for over 25 years and have only seen six with their original motors and trim tags so nine may be an accurate number. Also I totally agree with Chris P. in that the cream of the crop cars rise to the top and will always do so.

black69
10-19-2011, 11:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SBR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIR-VIVOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Black/Black + born with engine + great documentation + unrestored original = Green$$$$. With Bloomington Gold cracking down on restoration engines, the few handfuls or born with engine L88's are double value. The same on '67 435's was proven at this auction also. </div></div>

I went and checked out the Mecum auction results and was floored over the 427/435 vette price for original engine cars. Who keeps track of the ones with original engines? For example, the red red one is the only one of 9 with the original engine, where is that info kept? -bob </div></div>
I have been tracking red/red 435 convertibles for over 25 years and have only seen six with their original motors and trim tags so nine may be an accurate number. Also I totally agree with Chris P. in that the cream of the crop cars rise to the top and will always do so. </div></div>

SBR, if you know of anyone that tracks 65 396/425 converts with original motors, let me know. I think that one 67 red/red going that high (300K), has to be the options. Bolt on wheels is pretty rare and desireable. I assume it had F41 HD suspension.

SBR
10-20-2011, 02:02 AM
I do know of a couple of guys who track 396 Corvettes. I would guess that less than half retain their original motors. What color are you looking for?
As for the 67, the fact that it was red with a very rare red interior greatly added to the price of the car. The side exhaust was added which does hurt it but the F41, BO wheels, power windows. brakes, tele column add to the desirability of that car.

black69
10-20-2011, 05:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SBR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I do know of a couple of guys who track 396 Corvettes. I would guess that less than half retain their original motors. What color are you looking for?
As for the 67, the fact that it was red with a very rare red interior greatly added to the price of the car. The side exhaust was added which does hurt it but the F41, BO wheels, power windows. brakes, tele column add to the desirability of that car. </div></div>

I am looking for red black convert. I am putting mine up forsale (w/F40, original engine). I dont think anywhere near 1/2 have their original engines for 65. The first big blocks were notorious for dropping valves (in some cases destroying the block), it was addressed sometime in the 1/2 year production run. Any help is Greatly appreciated.

SBR
10-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I seem to remember seeing a red/black convertible being advertised in the NCRS driveline several months ago. It said that it had its original motor and he was asking 140 for it. I can see if I can find the ad if you like.

black69
10-20-2011, 05:36 PM
please PM me if you find it. Its time for me to do some digging. I think the next difference like you say would be rare/desireable options. I don't know about 67s with F41, its rare on 65s actually (F40). GM did not constrain the order of a big block to have the harsher suspension (although it made sense), so it got ordered for small blocks too. I wish I had the bolt/on knockoffs, I know that is a big deal on 67s so I have heard. Most 'real' 65s I have found over the 12yrs I have been into them, usually do not have the side exhaust. I am not suprised the +300K 67 did not have it either (but was added). Fun trivia.

Stefano
10-27-2011, 06:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefano</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are now officially over 700 vehicles booked for the auction.

It will be streamed live via the internet as well a shown on Discovery channels Velocity HD TV.

Several members have great cars in this auction too. </div></div>

Thanks to everyone who helped make Mecum Dallas 2011 a tremendously successful event! Over $20mm sold with a 77% sell rate!