PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mondello Passes

bashton
04-06-2011, 08:39 PM
I just recieved word from Joe Spagnoli that Joe Mondello passed away this morning.

We were fortunate to have Joe as a special guest at the recent MCACN show. In addition to putting on several seminars, he also brought along his own personal 442 Wagon, which was on display next to the Hurst display.

The MCACN office staff really enjoyed having Joe at the show, as on Sunday, he brought in several cases of wine from his vineyard, and joined us in a celebration of a great event.

RIP Joe!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Canuck
04-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Never built an Olds Engine without some components from Mondello.
Always enjoyed chatting with him at Olds events or when he picked up the phone at his shop.Made a nice wine too!

His son Bernard submitted the notice at Realolds power.

Postsedan
04-06-2011, 10:27 PM
My Condolences to the Mondello Family.

Dan

PeteLeathersac
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Prayers and condolences to Joe's family and friends..
Wasn't he the real Doctor Oldsmobile all along although portrayed by an actor for Oldsmobile publicity ads?.

~ Pete

Xplantdad
04-07-2011, 12:28 AM
WOW THATS SAD...RIP JOE!

markjohnson
04-07-2011, 02:13 AM
He was a true, living legend. When you hear the name "Mondello", you automatically thought Oldsmobile.

deege1214
04-07-2011, 03:01 AM
My condolences to the Mondello Family
I had spoken to Joe a couple of weeks ago
as he was doing some engine work for me..
I will miss his friendly advice..and fine porting work...
RIP Joe the real Doctor olds!!!

Jonesy
04-07-2011, 03:27 AM
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8QzbygFBQjo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8QzbygFBQjo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

SmallHurst
04-07-2011, 04:04 AM
True, most everyone knows of Joe with Oldsmobile, but Joe knew heads and airflow about as good as anyone!!!!!

Look on the old Swamp Rats-- Heads by Mondello
Stone Woods and Cook--- Heads by Mondello
Vortec head design for Bowties-- thank Joe for a lot of help.

My car has a couple of Joe inspired items in the engine compartment. I feel like a heel as I saw Joe, but did not say 'hi' in ChiTown last fall. I was lucky enough to have Joe pick my car out and have him pose with it and 2 other outstanding Olds at the OCA nationals in Denver in 2001. The performance community lost a huge member of legendary stature. God Speed Joe!!!!!!