PDA

View Full Version : Steve Sandlin aka LVCAMARO aka my friend RIP

JChlupsa
04-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Got the bad news from Beth Sandlin. Steve passed away earlier today after being admitted to the hospital yesterday. He requested that his organs be donated so burial arraingments will not be posted until after that has been completed. As soon as I find out the dates/times I will post back here in case anyone might want to make the trip down or send condolences.

Some know that Steve and I were good friends, I like to think we were more like brothers Its painful for me to hear of him passing. I do know that he made a lot of good friends here and on the other boards he was a member and even helped out more than his share of folks in which i was glad to be a part of with the other party not knowing who was behind it all. A great guy that will be greatly missed, esp those 3AM phone calls that i would get for no other reason than just to say hi.

Goodbye my friend, we will meet again someday.
HawaiianCamaro <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

http://www.yenko.net/attachments/sandlin.jpg

Postsedan
04-09-2011, 03:37 AM
This is a very sad day for the entire sYc Family. Steve will be dearly missed, he was a very generous man. My heart goes out to his entire Family.

God Bless Steve.

Dan

Steve Shauger
04-09-2011, 03:40 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Sandlin family. He was a true gentleman and a great person who will be sorely missed. Rest in peace my friend.

L72COPO
04-09-2011, 03:51 AM
Thanks for being my friend. Rest in peace and know that you will be missed. Condolences to the Sandlin family.

Don

Shevelle
04-09-2011, 04:02 AM
Steve was one of the most generous, genuine and honest men I have ever known. I feel very fortunate to have had the honor of calling him my friend. He will be dearly missed by all who knew him. Our thoughts and prayers go to Beth and the rest of the family. May you rest in peace Steve.

mockingbird812
04-09-2011, 04:10 AM
Rest in Peace Steve. Best wishes to his family.

AnnieHartweg
04-09-2011, 04:12 AM
For those who did not have the wonderful privilege of knowing him, Mr Steve Sandlin was one of the shiest, yet most involved &quot;Car Guys&quot; ever. For the most part, he kept quiet, sometimes would voice his thoughts but was always kind and fair. Even more so, he was a very generous man, ALWAYS putting others before himself. There are many people in and out of the car world who have benefited from Steve and Beth's generosity who will never know the extent of assistance they received from these two wonderful people because Steve and Beth never asked for accolades.

Mr. Sandlin will be greatly missed by many, many people, Rick and myself included. He was a great friend to many of us and to the Muscle Car hobby.

Steve, we will all miss you. You and your family are in our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers.

God Bless You Sir,
Annie H and Rick N

JoeG
04-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Totally shocked Jeff......sorry I didn't have any idea of Steve's condition.........LVCAMARO ...........
My sincere condolences to his wife and family.......
Jeff ,I'm sorry you lost your friend...........

ORIGLS6
04-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Very disturbing news. We were blessed, but few others knew of the unselfishness and generosity shown by Steve Sandlin. He took a lot of undeserved criticism by people who never took the time to learn about the real man.
Put aside his association with the car hobby; Steve Sandlin will be remembered by hundreds; maybe thousands of people as a true friend and loving family man.
Godspeed Mr. Sandlin. You leave a void in the hearts of many.
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

camarojoe
04-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Steve was one of a kind. The amount of caring, compassion and generosity he showed was without equal. I feel blessed to have known him, and words cannot express my grief in hearing of his passing. I feel as though I lost a family member. My condolences go out to his family.

May you rest in peace my friend.

-Joe Barr

mockingbird812
04-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Here's an event (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&amp;Main=24128&amp;Number=2574 49#Post257449) that sure made him proud! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

acelr8
04-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Very sad to hear that we lost another racer,collector,hunter and friend.Not enough great people like him.Godspeed.
Jeff

hvychev
04-09-2011, 05:06 AM
This hasn't been a good day after hearing this news earlier. I really can't express into words how I feel about this. All I can say is that I am proud that Steve was a friend of mine. My father said it best years ago. &quot;Steve Sandlin is a gaurdian angel to many in this hobby.&quot; That's how I want to remember him. May god rest his soul and look out for Beth, his children, and grandchildren.

Frank Magallon

sYc
04-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Words cannot express how saddened the Clary family was to hear of Steve’s passing. For some unknown reason, he took a liking to us hillbillies, making us part of his extended family. We will always cherish the memories of the many good times we had with Steve. He will always be close to our hearts.

And as others have mentioned, Steve was a true car guy, through and trough, always willing to pitch in, where ever needed, to help others, not expecting, or wanting, anything in return. I can honestly say, were it not for Steve, the sYc would not be what is today.

Rest in Peace My Friend.
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=25809&amp;filename= sandlin.JPG

sYc
04-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Steve and hios lovely wife Beth.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=25810&amp;filename= sandlin-2.JPG

Eddie M.
04-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Sad to hear this.
Donna and I got to meet Beth and Steve. All I can say is Great people none better.
prayers from all of us...RIP Steve

sYc
04-09-2011, 06:05 AM
One of Steve's passions was racing, here with one of his racecars at his annual open house.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=25811&amp;filename= sandlin-4.JPG

Xplantdad
04-09-2011, 06:11 AM
What can I add that hasn't already been eloquently said?

Steve was a one in a million kind of guy...and our family will miss him.

Steve was more than generous when I had issues with my Chevelle. He took it upon himself and his staff to come and get my car and get it fixed...at no cost to me.

I told him many times that I could never repay his generosity...and his answer was &quot;Seeing a smile on your face and your family having fun is all the payment I'll ever need&quot;.

That in a nutshell was Steve Sandlin...a quiet guy with a tremendous heart...

Beth and the rest of the Sandlin family..please take it easy...we are here for whatever you need. Jeff, the same goes for you.

Thanks for all of the PM's and calls Steve...and thanks for being a friend to so many (my lucky self included)!

sYc
04-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Speaking if his annual open house, each year during SEMA he would clear out one of his warhouses and host a car show/gathering for his many car freinds. Diana and I were able to make it one year with a couple of our cars. A lot of great memories. Here is a shot of some of the cars that were there year.

BTW, during the 24 hour trip from Alton to Vega we suffered numerous brake and tire issues with our trailer. When we got there, as soon as we unloaded, Steve had his crew hard at work repairing the damaged parts.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&amp;Number=25812&amp;filename= sandlin-3.JPG

Xplantdad
04-09-2011, 06:20 AM
I will share as well if you don't mind...

Steve and Gil at the SEMA party

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/lotsayenkopics/LAT%20G%20SEMA%2007/tn_DSCF9849.jpg

Xplantdad
04-09-2011, 06:20 AM
Another <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/lotsayenkopics/LAT%20G%20SEMA%2007/tn_DSCF9850.jpg

Xplantdad
04-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Some of the many people that came to Steve's SEMA party so that he could raise money for his charities...Steve was always donating money to things that meant a lot to him...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/lotsayenkopics/LV%20SEMA/tn_DSCF6091.jpg

Raffling off all of the donated gifts...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/lotsayenkopics/LV%20SEMA/tn_DSCF6092.jpg

And Ken Tibor with Steve's good buddy Hawaiian Jeff!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/lotsayenkopics/LV%20SEMA/tn_DSCF6112.jpg

Xplantdad
04-09-2011, 06:31 AM
One more...Steve looking straight at the camera (I was busted! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif )...to the left, Joe Barr, next to Joe Eric next to Eric, Hawaiian Jeff... Frank Magallon and his dad round out the group. I can't tell...but is that Darren between Joe and Steve?

Taken at my first Supercar reunion...SCR8

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/xplantdad/Super%20Car%20Reunion%208/tn_DSCF1633.jpg

Schonyenko2
04-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Very sad news about Steve. We got to know him pretty well with the Mose's deuce project, and the early start of the Roof deuce. He was a great guy to work on a project with. Always excited about what was going on. Always a good conversation even when we talked politics.
He was pretty proud of the fact that he could shoot toe, to toe with the army sniper boys too.
And he adored those beautiful grandkids of his. I remember when the 1st was born I got a slew of baby pics.
Our hearts go out to Beth, and the entire family. We've lost a fine man, and a good friend.
Schonye

DarrenX33
04-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Yeah that's me Bruce. I remember that day clearly. I was just standing there and in Cumby fashion, Steve snuck up behind me and slugged me in the arm to let me know he was there.

A truly rotten evening upon hearing this news. Steve did plenty for my family as well and for that I am forever grateful.

Some might remember that he even donated a 69 Camaro to my nephew's school in Oswego. That post is somewhere here.

He was a good friend who will be missed. His kindness and generosity was 2nd to none.

Rest in peace my friend. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

Charley Lillard
04-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Some of you might not know but if it wasn't for Steve we probably wouldn't be posting on this site. Clarys were ready to pull the plug on it years ago and Steve stepped in,rallied a team, changes were made and the site stayed up. He did more for others than anyone I know. I miss you buddy. May you rest in peace.

1970Ls6
04-09-2011, 07:27 AM
All i can say is wow, i never met him in person, but he always had something interesting to bring to the reunions, and from what i saw on here, he was one of the good guys in the hobby, RIP Steve, you will be missed

Prayers will be said tonight for his family and friends

enio45
04-09-2011, 07:31 AM
A sad day for the hobby for sure - RIP Steve.

Belair62
04-09-2011, 08:25 AM
I agree Chas. Just when you see alight at the end of the tunnel you hear stuff like this. Not good man. He was a gentle giant. Helped everyone he could. Dammit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Some of you might not know but if it wasn't for Steve we probably wouldn't be posting on this site. Clarys were ready to pull the plug on it years ago and Steve stepped in,rallied a team, changes were made and the site stayed up. He did more for others than anyone I know. I miss you buddy. May you rest in peace.</div></div>

bergy
04-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I recall the day that Steve called me as he was getting on a plane in Philadelphia (I never met him before), and the next thing I knew he was on my door step! He was such a genuine humble guy - a real car guy. He even talked me out of one of my cars. I'm sure that we'll see him again in heaven!

Ls6 Ragtop
04-09-2011, 01:05 PM
I too had never had the opportunity to meet Steve in person, but had many conversations with him over the phone regarding cars. He was always a delight to talk with, a truly nice guy. Very sad news. My heartfelt condolences to all his friends and family.
Chris

Salvatore
04-09-2011, 01:16 PM
We will never forget how quick he was willing to help our son and his Company in Iraq. Steve was ther main contributor that supplied the funds to have the whole Company be able to buy a satellite and have communications with their families during Christmas a few years back. We talked to him one day and the check was in the mail the next. A fine gentleman indeed. We still appreciate what many others from this Site did for those soldiers in Iraq a few years ago. God bless the Sandlin Family.

MosportGreen66
04-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Aside from the world class cars, I always remembered Steve as one of the original members of this site. This thread shows the sort of man he was. RIP Steve.

Born30YrsLate
04-09-2011, 01:38 PM
WOW...this is very sad news...when I was first getting to know all about Supercars, Steve was one of the first guys &quot;in the know&quot; to share details, info and his cars to me...gonna make for a tough day...my condolences to his family...

Alss
04-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Never had the Privilege to meet the man..his reputation in the hobby was huge..a sad day indeed..he will surely be missed...deepest condolences to the family

Albert

kwhizz
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I only met Steve once.....But Steve was one of those people that when he walked into the room, you didn't have to see him.....you felt his &quot;Presence&quot;.......He was one of those people.....RIP Steve

Ken

bashton
04-09-2011, 03:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnnieHartweg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those who did not have the wonderful privilege of knowing him, Mr Steve Sandlin was one of the shiest, yet most involved &quot;Car Guys&quot; ever. For the most part, he kept quiet, sometimes would voice his thoughts but was always kind and fair. Even more so, he was a very generous man, ALWAYS putting others before himself. There are many people in and out of the car world who have benefited from Steve and Beth's generosity who will never know the extent of assistance they received from these two wonderful people because Steve and Beth never asked for accolades.

Mr. Sandlin will be greatly missed by many, many people, Rick and myself included. He was a great friend to many of us and to the Muscle Car hobby.

Steve, we will all miss you. You and your family are in our thoughts, our hearts and our prayers.

God Bless You Sir,
Annie H and Rick N
</div></div>

Could not have said it any better. Indeed truly a sad day....

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Beth and the entire Sandlin family. Steve will indeed be missed.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Verne_Frantz
04-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Very shocking and sad news. I also never got to meet the man but I know of his good deeds. Cherish every day you have a good friend because you never know what tomorrow may bring.
Sincere thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. Sorry you had to post the news Jeff.
Verne

Johnny Horsepower
04-09-2011, 04:51 PM
My condolences to his family. Grateful I got to meet him and enjoy one of his open houses. A generous man and truly an asset to the hobby and this planet.

RIP Steve!

04-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Verne just posted my thoughts exactly. My thought and prayers to the Sandlin family and the SYC community.
Mark Sheppard

VintageMusclecar
04-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Deepest condolences to Steve's family and friends <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

Eric

Stefano
04-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I can say that all of our lives were enhanced and made better in some way, by knowing Steve Sandlin.

Our deepest condolences to Steve's family and loved ones.

RIP our dear friend.

budnate
04-09-2011, 06:29 PM
I can only echo what everyone else has said, I will miss our phone conversations, always a fun guy to be around and like has been said he did so much to help people in all aspects of their lives most will never know....condolences to all, Steve left some big shoes to be filled.

B.

SS427
04-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I had hoped that 12 hours would make it a little easier but I was wrong. Maybe in 12 months, we shall see. There are many stories I could tell when Steve touched Ann and my life as well as others but I won't. As per Steve's wishes, he very much enjoyed helping others yet wanted nothing more but to remain anonymous. That was who Steve was and that is what made him happy, seeing others smile. The list of things Steve did for us as well as others was incredible. Steve had one of the biggest most caring hearts of anyone I know. I just talked to him a couple of weeks ago and had no idea he was in such pain and I now feel ashamed that I did not come to his aid when he needed us the most. Rest in Peace my friend, may God find a better place for you and keep you away from some of the demons here on earth.

ANDY M
04-09-2011, 09:29 PM
I only met him once, when he gave out sYc hats to everyone at the Super Car Reunion in 2006.
He struck me very much as a man who lived by the wisdom that virtue is its own reward. Nothing in life is more important than having a good name.
My condolences to the Sandlin family.

Kim_Howie
04-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Very sorry to hear the bad news.

markjohnson
04-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to meet this gentleman, but from what I know of him he sounded like an outstanding human being. But, I do know this . . . . . . that a person that anonymously helps out others less fortunate without having an ulterior motive or looking for praise is a fine human being and the world is a much poorer place everytime a person of such genuine compassion towards others leaves this plane for the next one. That's the kind of role model we should all strive to be in our lives and the world would be a much better place.

COPO PETE
04-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Man, that is just tragic! He helped me get some info on some cars in the past, and also got some of his free hats at the Reunion. As soon as he heard I had some heart issues 3 or 4 years ago, he sent me the nicest e-mail giving support and telling me to hang in there, and talked ever so briefly about his own problems. He will be missed in the hobby as well as everywhere else. Rest in peace Steve. I always thought that anyone that can sign there letters/e-mails with &quot;SS&quot; was right off the cool factor right off the bat!
Peter

Xplantdad
04-09-2011, 10:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COPO PETE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I always thought that anyone that can sign there letters/e-mails with &quot;SS&quot; was right off the cool factor right off the bat!
Peter</div></div>

Thanks Pete...I needed a laugh!

Supercar_Kid
04-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Steve was a one of a kind. Hearing of his passing saddens me deeply. My heart goes out to his family. He always treated me and my brother like his other sons. We have lost a true original here.

scuncio
04-10-2011, 02:40 AM
I never knew Steve but heard nothing but good things about him. It is sad to lose another good guy in the hobby.

PxTx
04-10-2011, 03:51 AM
I met Steve out at one of the SCR several years back. Actually I met Beth first. I was looking at his Lafferty sold RS ZL1 car and Beth came over to me, my sister and my pop and introduced herself. After a talking for a bit, she waived Steve to come over. We probably spent a half hour or more just talking about cars and the connection we all make to them. When I think of Steve, I think of that car. He sure has owned a lot, but that is my connection.

Throught that weekend, I saw a lot of Steve and Beth. I learned how generous they were too. They left a lasting impression that really gave me more perspective on things that Steve would post. What great people!

I've been thinking about Steve all day and have felt the weight in my stomach. I always try and look at the glass as half full. The world is a better place because of Steve and he will be missed. My deepest sympathy to Beth and thier family.

camarojoe
04-10-2011, 04:11 AM
Some of the things that made Steve happy...

http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/photos/1245865305_8cmsp-L.jpg (http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/Other/LVCamaro/16546106_srh36#1245865305_8cmsp-A-LB)

http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/photos/1245865355_PcyNV-L.jpg (http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/Other/LVCamaro/16546106_srh36#1245865355_PcyNV-A-LB)

http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/photos/1245865387_2cyiF-L.jpg (http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/Other/LVCamaro/16546106_srh36#1245865387_2cyiF-A-LB)

http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/photos/1245865396_ReiKh-L.jpg (http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/Other/LVCamaro/16546106_srh36#1245865396_ReiKh-A-LB)

http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/photos/1245865671_DSvyw-L.jpg (http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/Other/LVCamaro/16546106_srh36#1245865671_DSvyw-A-LB)

http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/photos/1245865697_V2PiM-L.jpg (http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/Other/LVCamaro/16546106_srh36#1245865697_V2PiM-A-LB)

http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/photos/1245865705_h7Esn-L.jpg (http://joeybsyc.smugmug.com/Other/LVCamaro/16546106_srh36#1245865705_h7Esn-A-LB)

SmallHurst
04-10-2011, 06:37 AM
I never was able to meet the man, and by the sounds of it, my life will be less because of it.

Many people are lucky to leave this life with a handful of friends. Steve was one of the blessed one as the outpouring of emotion from all who have given their words to this post. Godspeed Mr. Steve!!!!!

GTO_DON
04-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Even thou I never met him personally I can truly say that Im very saddened by this. When Sammy called me earlier today I was shocked top hear of his passing. He was one of the few persons I talked to on this site and was a class act PERIOD and Im sorry that I never got to know him personally. The good ones always die young.REST IN PEACE!!!!

bbbenny
04-10-2011, 01:46 PM
A great hobbest. But a real guy in his heart. Rest in peace Steve. Benny

Mr70
04-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Very sorry to hear this.
He certainly was a very generous man who helped so many,so often.Our hobby &amp; society was truely blessed to have known him.
Rick

COPO
04-10-2011, 04:33 PM
I had the privledge of meeting Steve at several SCR's plus his annual open house during SEMA. Truly a fine gentleman with a caring heart for others less fortunate. He will be truly missed by all.

chads454Ls6
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Very sad and shocking news. Steve was an amazing person and a true philanthropist at heart.
Rip.

Xplantdad
04-10-2011, 06:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He requested that his organs be donated so burial arrangements will not be posted until after that has been completed.</div></div>

Even in his passing...he is still giving so that others can benefit. This speaks volumes about the man that Steve was...

Jeff, please let us know about the funeral arrangements when you find out.

shor
04-10-2011, 08:29 PM
So sorry to hear about Steve's passing.
He was a true gentleman with a heart of gold.
His anonymous acts of kindness and giving speak volumes about the man.
May he rest in peace.

x Baldwin Motion
04-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Sincere sympathy to all his friends and family... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/32527_1478483170131_1475314340_31237815_5394679_n. jpg

CamarosRus
04-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Please allow me to add my sincere condolences, to the Sandlin family and all of Steve's numerous friends.

Respectfully, Chuck

mhassett
04-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Just got back from Charlotte N.C. and logged on and saw this, VERY SAD. Our condolences to Steve's Family.
My Son and I were at the SEMA Show and after that we were invited to his warehouse party. We enjoyed looking at his collection and how well treated us. He even offered us a car to drive around when we were in Vegas. I first met Steve at Vette Fest.
With Respect,
Mark, Mark Jr. &amp; Ginnie

CC Rider
04-11-2011, 05:50 AM
My condolences to the Sandlin family.

JChlupsa
04-11-2011, 07:29 AM
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity...mp;locale=en_US (http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Steven-Sandlin&amp;lc=1009&amp;pid=150195440&amp;uuid=2a96827a-5a65-4a86-be1c-a2da2bd7b38c&amp;locale=en_US)

Please sign the online guest book. I would like to try to get as many folks from the different sites to sign as possible.

For those that would like to attend or send cards/flowers

Steven Lindy &quot;Steve&quot; Sandlin
January 14, 1949 - April 8, 2011
Visitation/Services Obituary

Visitation
Tuesday, April 12, 2011 | 03:00 PM - 07:00 PM
Palm Eastern Mortuary
7600 South Eastern Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada 89123 | (702)464-8500
Send Flowers to Service | Driving Directions

Visitation
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 | 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Palm Eastern Mortuary
7600 South Eastern Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada 89123 | (702)464-8500

Funeral Service
Wednesday, April 13, 2011 | 01:00 PM
Church Of The Nazarene

John
04-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear this bad news. Steve will be missed...but remembered by all of us. Thanks for for being a part of our lives.
John Hoer

foster
04-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Steve was a very nice man. I met Steve in Las Vegas when I visited there with our family a few years ago. I saw his collection, a very nice collection at that, and was interested in his 66 Chevelle. Steve had never met us, yet he came and picked us up at our hotel and offered us the use of his SUV for the week - that's the kind of man he was. He will be truly missed. Our condolences go out to the Sandlin family.

- Foster Venturini

TimG
04-11-2011, 03:23 PM
I didn't know Steve, but I certainly have heard lots about him over the years. I'm sorry that we never met and I'm sorry for those of you that lost a good friend.

PeteLeathersac
04-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Checking in this morning after a few days away I'm so sorry to see this sad news about Steve, prayers and condolences to his family and friends also Jeff and others close to him..
Reading the above postings it plain to see the whole world has indeed lost a friend, the mentioned 'SS' thing a great way for everyone to forever remember the man..

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif
~ Pete

copo69
04-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I just learned this. I personally did not know Steve, but from knowing him on this board he seemed to be a genuine car guy, a very generous person and a friend to many. My deepest condolences to his family.
Greg Simmons

Mr. T
04-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Steve's passing. He was definately one of the good guys. Like several other SYC members, he invited my dad and I up to his Alaska resort, and never asked for one dime. He even gave us a very nice Escalade to drive. Not many guys would do something like that. I'll never forget Steve bringing the one owner Yenko Deuce to SCR8. I still have my leather SYC jacket that I purchased from him, and I am sure the name Steve Sandlin will come to mind when I see it. RIP Steve.

musclecarjohn
04-11-2011, 07:02 PM
R.I.P. Steve Sandlin,my condolences to the entire Sandlin family.
Planet Earth just lost one it's best members,although I never met Steve I wish I had...

barker
04-11-2011, 09:47 PM
RIP Steve. Our condolences to your Family. Great guy who treated everyone well.
The Barker's

Tenney
04-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Always enjoyed his posts, but never met Steve. All the more reason to be on my best behavior w/hopes one day I might! RIP

Xplantdad
04-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the tribute box up top of the webpage...I think it should stay there <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Justbad Joe
04-12-2011, 05:56 AM
Our condolences go out to Steve's family. It was an honor to have worked with Steve on the Moses and Roof deuce projects. RIP Steve.
Joe
Deuce Heaven

elonblock
04-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Steve's family.

ss427copo
04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Ah, Steve.... Always willing to &quot;jump in&quot; and offer his help, opinion or knowledge...my kind of man. Even though we never met, he made you feel like we were friends forever.

After GOD created him, he took a half-hour off, looked down at Steve and said, &quot;this is going to be a good man&quot;

Rest in Peace my friend.

Dicky
04-14-2011, 06:09 AM
I am shocked at this news...
I had not met the man but thru him &amp; Jeff I had obtained a rare Yenko part; and all that was asked in return was to send a Red Cross donation to the Haitian earthquake disaster.

What a great guy and it makes it even more sad when people that
are his age are taken from us. Way too young!!

God Bless Steve and the Sandlin family.

See you on the other end. Dicky <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Xplantdad
04-14-2011, 06:50 AM
I only wish I could have paid tribute to Steve in person...but I couldn't get it arranged fast enough.

Steve, you are still in our prayers...and you will remain there. Thank you for everything that you did sir.

JChlupsa
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM
very nice turn out for a man who had he known there would have been so many most likely would have tried to skip out sight unseen.

Flowers from site members a nice display boards one highlighting his love of cars, with his Yenko Jacket/Hat displayed and some of his magazine articles of his cars.

I let Beth/Jason/Erin along with Steve's mom/brothers/sister that he will be greatly missed in the car world.

again mahalo for all the replies here and online. I printed the replies from the different sites and had them next to the poster board so all could read our thoughts and feelings of Steve.

sYc
04-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks Jeff for representing those of us who could not attend the services.

mockingbird812
04-14-2011, 05:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sYc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Jeff for representing those of us who could not attend the services. </div></div> x2

Thanks Jeff.

MrsBillyBobcat
04-14-2011, 05:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwhizz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I only met Steve once.....But Steve was one of those people that when he walked into the room, you didn't have to see him.....you felt his &quot;Presence&quot;.......He was one of those people.....RIP Steve </div></div>

I have never met Steve, but know exactly what you mean by this Ken. I have no doubt that those who were close to him will forever feel his &quot;presence&quot;.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg133/carcrazyqt/b84869bb.gif

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of his friends and family.

Rita

<span style="font-style: italic"> “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others”</span> ~Pericles

JChlupsa
04-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Forgot I showed Beth the banner on the top of the page and she really thought that was pretty neat, caught her by surprise.

Seattle Sam
04-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I didn't want to believe it when I got the call a week ago. It took me until today to log onto sYc and read this great tribute. Steve truly made the world a better place with his generosity; from reading these posts he touched so many folks the same way he did me and Sue.

I hope we all keep his memory alive by doing unto others as Steve did to/for us.

God Bless the Sandlin family.
-Sam and Sue Besser

Martyn L. Schorr
04-16-2011, 05:10 PM
I only met Steve Sandlin (and his wife and daughter)once, at the special Baldwin-Motion reunion hosted by the club, and we hit it off. He offered to fly Joel Rosen and I and a couple of guys we worked with back in the 1960s and 1970s on his personal Learjet to the event. He was a generous, sweet man who had an incredible passion for performance cars.
He will be missed,
Marty

KENNY PASCOE
04-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Steve was a first class guy and a true gentlemen in this hobby .My condolences go out to his family .

Jeff H
04-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this earlier. Too much work I guess. Sorry to hear about Steve, I know he was a big part of the hobby and had a lot of cool stuff. I never had a chance to meet him in person but did see some of his stuff at Carlisle. RIP.

JChlupsa
01-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Happy Birthday my friend. You might be gone, but not forgotten

SS427
01-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Ironically we were just talking and reminiscing about Steve last night.

Couple of lessons we learned, when someone wants to do something nice for you, let them, no matter how small or how large! Most times this is what they wanted to do and it makes them feel very good. Don't take that away from them.

Good and LOYAL friends are hard to come by. When you have one, cherish it and don't ignore it. Stay in touch and never turn a deaf ear.

I sent a VERY close friend a long sincere email after Steve's passing as Steve's death REALLY hit home. Unfortunately it was not taken seriously. It is too late after someone is gone and Steve proved to me that friends are too valuable.

We miss you Steve!!! You were a great friend and family man!

Xplantdad
01-15-2012, 01:11 AM
So well said! Happy Birthday Steve!

ORIGLS6
01-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Happy Birthday, .... and Thank You for touching so many lives.

kwhizz
01-18-2012, 02:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORIGLS6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happy Birthday, .... and Thank You for touching so many lives. </div></div>

Stuart Adams
01-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Living two hours away from Steve and playing golf at the same golf club, we became close because he was a great guy, not the mutual golf and car intrest as one would think. He's on my mind a lot, they don't make em like that anymore. The best.

sYc
01-18-2012, 06:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....He's on my mind a lot, they don't make em like that anymore. The best. </div></div>

Amen...

Schonyenko2
01-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Coming from different ends of the political spectrum, we had livley discussions on all things political, but unlike what happens in DC these days, it was good hearted, with plenty of humor.
I miss those discussions, and I miss him. He was one of the good ones.

Stefano
02-17-2012, 05:31 PM
We were just talking about Steve Sandlin the other day.

I ran across one of his last emails to me recently. I hope no one minds me sharing it.

It just goes to show how enthusiastic he was about the hobby and the sport, as well as his family.

It also shows that he cared about his friends and associates.

&quot;Subject: factory LS3 Camaro conversion that'll run in the 10's ???

Hey Stefano,

A buddy out here bought a new 2010 Camaro and brought it to my pro-mod drag race shop asking us to do an engine job and other mods that'll get his new Camaro to run around his friend's new ZR1 Vette. He insists that he doesn't want to go with an LS7 conversion, but wants us to modify the stock LS3 and make it run the 1320 in the 10's. After discussing it at length with my partner in our race shop, we developed a list of mods for a supercharged LS3 that will keep it streetable and make 750 HP at the engine and something around 650 HP at the rear wheels, then run the quarter mile in the 10's [if we can keep it hooked]. I notice that Hennessey is advertising their supercharged Camaro as the fastest and quickest at 11.67 ET. My partner in our racing program, Gil Nevarez, drives our pro-mod drag car @ 6.27 ET so we're hoping his professional drag racing experience will make the difference and get my buddy's 2010 LS3 conversion Camaro in the 10's.

I'm at Disneyland with the grandkids now, but I'll be back home this weekend. Don't get me wrong, Stefano...I don't want to compete with you and/or your program whatsoever. I count you as a friend and would never do anything to undermine your extensive efforts to promote the continuation Camaros. I'm undecided about what I want to do about my &quot;personal&quot; 2010 Camaro conversion...I was thinking I'd wait a bit [staying out of the test tube] to be sure I get the best conversion combination and most reliable version that you are presently fine tuning.

-SS &quot;

mockingbird812
02-17-2012, 06:07 PM
SS was a good man. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Postsedan
02-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Stefano,

Thanks for sharing <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

Xplantdad
02-17-2012, 09:35 PM
He was....the best! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

JChlupsa
04-08-2012, 11:38 AM
seems like just yesterday that i took this pic, heres Steve with his love of his life and doing what he enjoyed most being outdoors

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/HawaiianCamaro/Alaska%20Trip/SteveandBethreelinginBETHsKing.jpg

if it wasn't for Steve my family and I would never have been able to see places like this pic i took sure wish he was here to rib me about taking pictures
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/HawaiianCamaro/Alaska%20Trip/whalewatchingglaciertour8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/HawaiianCamaro/Alaska%20Trip/Sail_Boat_outside_of_Homer_Harbour.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/HawaiianCamaro/Alaska%20Trip/Glaicer_and_paromatic_view.jpg

well its Easter and you have been with your maker for a year today. not a day goes by without Steve popping into my thoughts, mostly the kind where we would kid each other and then laugh about it. Actually I'm glad since i know he won't be forgotten. I did have a Lei placed on his marker from all of us here and the other car sites so when his family goes and pays their respect they know we all considered him a friend and brother, you are greatly missed my friend

Xplantdad
04-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Jeff...thanks for doing that and for posting your pics for us to enjoy as well. I think about Steve often as well. He may be gone, but he's not forgotten <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

SS427
04-08-2012, 11:20 PM
As was said, thanks for posting the pictures and sharing a piece of this with us. Steve was an extraordinary man, father, husband and friend. I have learned several lessons from his passing and view life and my friendships a whole lot differently than I used to.

Charley Lillard
07-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I got a email from Steve's daughter Erin that said &quot;Wanted to share the work I got today for my dad, Steve sandlin! He loved yenko!!!&quot; Pretty cool. http://www.yenko.net/attachments/usergals/2012/07/full-23-250-photo1.jpg

SS427
07-01-2012, 05:14 PM
That is cool. Nice going Erin.

We just talked to Beth the other day. Glad to hear things are improving with each day.

mockingbird812
07-01-2012, 05:14 PM
<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 26pt">WAY COOL!!!!!!!</span></span></span></span>

Xplantdad
07-01-2012, 05:26 PM
That's neat....and a great tribute to her dad...

sYc
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Very cool... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif