PDA

View Full Version : 1966 Caprice

tom406
08-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Maybe some of you remember the '66 Caprice 396 that Rainer had for sale a few years back in up here in the Pacific NW. You may remember that I finally bought it, and then agonized over getting it back into proper colors once I realized it was original Aztec Bronze on Bronze. Well I ended up doing a lot more than I planned, but it was such a solid, nice car, it deserved it. However, after I picked it up painted an attractive but incorrect color, it clarified for me the direction the interior needed to take. I ran out of space and sold it to a broker who had an international buyer. I just found out that his buyer is enjoying the car very much on the streets of MOSCOW, RUSSIA. (!!)

kwhizz
08-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Wow!!.....Neat story........

Xplantdad
08-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Very cool Tom!

SuperNovaSS
08-05-2011, 08:24 AM
So, was the interior dyed or replaced? Just curious.

Jason

tom406
08-06-2011, 12:47 AM
New headliner, carpet, dash cap, package tray. Door and side panels, seats, and console all done with BrynDana ColorBond interior stuff. I was REALLY impressed by the product, and would recommend it in a heartbeat. Their black carpet color product was great for getting the carpet sections on the bottoms of the door panels and the console filler pieces.

Interiors in a can aren't my first choice, but nobody makes interior kits for the Caprice bucket seats (just Impala pattern), and the seats had been done pretty well (in a too-red and marbled approximation of bronze).

CC Rider
08-06-2011, 06:31 AM
I remember that car! Thanks for updating us. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif