PDA

View Full Version : MCACN 2011; Speaking of special displays...L78's!!

bashton
09-19-2011, 06:19 PM
We have some amazing groups of cars again this year, and our good friend and fellow sYc Member Darren Costello has again stepped up to assemble an outstanding group of cars. What we have is what may well be the largest and more importantly, coolest group of 1970 L78 Camaro's ever assembled under one roof.

The variety is incredible, so I will let Darren jump in to tell you what he has in store for us.

Many Thanks to Darren and each and every one of the participants who are again allowing us to "raise the bar" for the show.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

DarrenX33
09-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks Bob!

Yes it is going to be another one for the books. My current count shows that the 70 L78 Camaro display is fully booked with 11 cars.

This will likely be the largest gathering ever of these rare 1 of 600 built cars where only a fraction of them are known to still exist today.

The L78s will be showcased in several states of completion. Partial restored cars, full fresh restos, survivors, driver cars as well as a special car that has been with the current owner for 40 years!

Here is our current list:

1. Ed and Brenda Carlson- black
2. Darren Costello- Blue
3. John Haislip- Lt. Green
4. Scott Kiehne- Copper
5. Mark Lenhard - Gold
6. Gregory Matarrese - Copper
7. Richard Perniciaro- Green
8. Craig and Lynn Schulte - Red
9. John Stanton - Green
10. Joey Gray - Gold
11. Ed Croft - Orange

Looking forward to a great weekend.

SS427
09-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Awesome Darren. Can't wait to see them. If there is any show in the US where you want to see the rarest of the rare, this is it!!!

bashton
09-20-2011, 06:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome Darren. Can't wait to see them. If there is any show in the US where you want to see the rarest of the rare, this is it!!! </div></div>

And speaking of the rarest of the rare, how about &quot;sneak peek&quot; of that '68 Yenko Camaro?

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

DarrenX33
09-26-2011, 05:24 AM
This car has been with the current owner 40 years.
Mostly original paint with dealer added stripes. Check out the ET wheels.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Zemo999/Camaro396-Sept16-2011.jpg

How bout a pic from back in the day?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/Zemo999/CamaroHauler.jpg

Salvatore
09-26-2011, 01:22 PM
WOW, very impressive!

Nancy Gibb
09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
AWESOME Darren......way to go! Can't wait to see them all <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Mr.Nickey Nova
09-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Nice job Darren,just like what you did with the 69(Z) display.Can't wait to see this years show.

SS427
10-07-2011, 02:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And speaking of the rarest of the rare, how about &quot;sneak peek&quot; of that '68 Yenko Camaro?

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

Hows this? We are very near the end. Still waiting on several nickle and dime parts and some rather large ones (inner front wheel houses). Emblems are just hung for looks right now and as soon as the sheet metal is all lined up we will add the stripes behind the front wheel well.

I will be glad to get back to a normal 80 hour work week after the show!

bashton
10-07-2011, 02:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And speaking of the rarest of the rare, how about &quot;sneak peek&quot; of that '68 Yenko Camaro?

Bashton

Hows this? We are very near the end. Still waiting on several nickle and dime parts and some rather large ones (inner front wheel houses). Emblems are just hung for looks right now and as soon as the sheet metal is all lined up we will add the stripes behind the front wheel well.

I will be glad to get back to a normal 80 hour work week after the show! </div></div>

How's this, you ask? HolySh!!!!

Clearly another Muscle Car Restoration and Design master piece. drooool-drooool.....

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

LeeP
10-07-2011, 03:43 AM
Even though I am not yet registered.....in China for a few more days I will be bringing my 1970 olds 442 w-30 to the show. I will get registered soon and Bob can show a preview of the old bucket of bolts. Looking forward to a great show and coming all the way from Calif after a stop at the SEMA show in Vegas. If any of you will be at that show look me up in the Legendary Interiors booth.

Lee Pearl

Xplantdad
10-07-2011, 05:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And speaking of the rarest of the rare, how about &quot;sneak peek&quot; of that '68 Yenko Camaro?

Bashton

I will be glad to get back to a normal 80 hour work week after the show! </div></div>

How's this, you ask? HolySh!!!!

Clearly another Muscle Car Restoration and Design master piece. drooool-drooool.....

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

</div></div>

No kidding! That looks awesome!!!

Postsedan
10-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Darren,

Great Job! Counting the Days!

Dan