PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this Nickey Car from Ohio?

ProdigyCustoms
12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
These are some pics of a 1969 Nickey Stage 3 car that ran the streets in the Toledo and Columbus areas in the 70s. We have great documentation and race history to the late 70s. We are trying to fill the gaps between 69 and late 70s. We know the car raced at Byron Dragway in Rockford, Illinois in the late 70's. It was also raced frequently at National Trail Raceway during the same time period. It also was well known in the Columbus street racing circuit during that same time period. The car is rumored to have spent it's entire life in Ohio but we only have owner history to the late 70s right now.

The picture of the car with Nickey Cragers, Stinger hood, Nickey hood emblems is when the car was for sale.(See For Sale Paper in left rear window)

Based on the paint theme and the condition of the paint when the car was bought in the late 70's, we know the paint job was applied sometime much earlier then the late 70s but still have not had anyone step up and say I Did It! I am betting that is a 1969 to 1974 paint job by the theme? But that paint has to be so reconizable, it looks like it was pro done, I bet it was very nice when it was "in vogue". So surelly someone will remember it

The car is a neat piece that was originally a X66 Fathom Green car. It still has the correct 270 Casting 4 bolt block which is a crate motor casting number and dates right in the "zone" for a replacment crate motor car. It has the correct BV 4.10 Posi rear which Nickey would have ordered a 4 series carrier. It also has the Stage 3 package with dual quads, traction bars, gauges and of coarse the Stinger hood

Right now I am trying to fill the gaps between 69 and our documentation into the late 70s. So any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Enjoy.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/ProdigyCustoms/DriversExt.jpg
1977 Street Machine Nationals still wearing Nickey Cragers when the car was bought
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/ProdigyCustoms/BlueCar.jpg
1980 with Centerlines.

Salvatore
12-14-2011, 03:14 AM
Donnie White's favorite car!

bashton
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Call Stefano Bimbi, CEO of Nickey Chicago. Nickey Chicago is still working with several of the original staff members of Nickey Chevrolet, including Don Swiatek, who was the Hi-Performance Cars and Parts Manager!

Call 630-377-1222 or e-mail [email protected]

Bashton426
MCACN Managing Member

Stefano
12-17-2011, 07:26 PM
Thanks Bob, we have been trying to help out with the research on this Camaro.

Schonyenko2
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM
Cob webbed panel painting with fuzzed in edges, and a little C stencil on the sail panel. Time line is good for early 70's.