PDA

View Full Version : GTO's - Learning About These Cars

fcneg4
12-30-2011, 01:00 AM
12/29/2011
Happy New Year Almost, Supercar Registry Pontiac Guys:
I took your advice and I bought some GTO books [The Collector's Guide to GTO 1964 - 1974 (Zazarine) and the DeMauro book (Collector's Originality Guide PONTIAC GTO 1964-1974 - GREAT photography!) and some 442 books (CUTLASS 4-4-2 MUSCLE PORTFOLIO and 442 BY THE NUMBERS. I'd like to get the White GTO book too.
Anyway, now that I know a little about the cars, I'd really like to look at a 1966 or 1967 GTO convertible and a 1969 GTO convertible to help me zero in on a GTO for us if that (rather than a 442 W-30 car) is what we eventually purchase. I'm still not ready to buy the car yet, but I'd like to pour over a couple to see which one might be for us. I live in Peru, Illinois (about 60 miles west of Joliet). Would any of you Illinois guys allow me to look at your cars next month? I'd want to buy you lunch or dinner for the opportunity. I can only get away Monday through Friday during the day and I know that this might not be good for you. Any takers? It seems as though whenever I go to shows I can never just look the cars over thoroughly and slowly. If you are willing to let me look at a car or two of yours, please send me a PM at [email protected]. Thanks.
Fred Gustat, [email protected]