PDA

View Full Version : Nickey tower in Chicago?

Jay F
01-03-2012, 06:44 AM
I am looking for photos of the old smoke stack in Chicago with the Nickey name on it - with the backward "k". It was near O'Hare back in the 60's and 70's. I beleive it was taken down in the early eighties or maybe late seventies. Does anyone know where I might find a photo?

Xplantdad
01-03-2012, 02:55 PM
There are some on the net...I've seen them.

I have to leave or I'd find one <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

six-corners
01-03-2012, 10:57 PM
There was one near the CNW tracks not too far from the Kennedy...I have a photo of that one I found on a Railpictures.net It is not very clear, but you can still make it out.

six-corners
01-03-2012, 11:05 PM
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv16/backwardk4501/nickey.jpg

I must be doing something wrong because I cannot enlarge the photo....but the smokestack is in the background to the left of the tower and to the right of the train (If someone can give me a tip on how to allow you to enlarge it let me know....this photo came from my Photobucket account). It is not very clear but you can barely make it out. I would love to see a direct shot myself or even one of the actual dealership signs when they had the &quot;Roto-Spheres&quot; above them.

67 Nova Boy
01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
If you hold down the ctrl key and spin the wheel on your mouse ....it willo get bigger. Ya sort of see the tower but hard to read.

Dave
67 Nova Boy