PDA

View Full Version : New Muscle Car Review

day2killa
03-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Just got my issue, tons of great day2 stuff in there and some awesome cars as well.

bashton
03-16-2012, 02:37 AM
This issue is like a visit to the most recent MCACN show!

Congrats go out to Adam Tuckman for scoring the coveted cover spot and an outstanding feature inside for his Baldwin-Motion Phase III Chevelle, (premiered at MCACN; thanks Adam!)

Also to Dean Klein (car owner) and Bob Adams, MCACN sponsor and owner of Muscle Car Designs for the coverage of the cool Bill Thomas Nova that Bob and his crew restored. This one was unveiled at MCACN!

Also congrats to Len and Linda Perham for the coverage on their COPO Camaro. Although they didn't have that one at MCACN, we'll forgive them since they did have their silver ZL1 Camaro in our ZL1/COPO showcase and their Dragon Snake Cobra in the Shelby Snakepit!

And as if that isn't enough, there is also a cool story on a very familiar '67 Nickey Camaro with some sweet vintage photos.

If you don't have a subscription, go buy this one.

Whew!!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
03-16-2012, 03:13 AM
AND...it has a feature on Larry Weymouths incredible unrestored original Bill Rodekopf S/S AMX that was featured in our AMC/Ya display...

AND a neat feature on our good friend automotive artist David Snyder, another MCACN Sponsor and long time supporter.

THANKS MCR!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Xplantdad
03-16-2012, 03:37 AM
Sounds like I have to go and get a magazine....thanks Bob!

Atuckman
03-16-2012, 02:31 PM
thanks for the kind words bob. already looking fwd to MCACN 2012!

Hemicolt
03-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Just got my issue in the mail. Chevelle looks great.
I love the shot of the Nickey speed shop showroom.

Hawkeye
03-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Love that Bill Thomas Nova. Does anyone have contact information for Dean Klein. I would like to discuss his car with him.
Thank you,
Marty

rickraft
04-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Great issue, really brings back the memories with all the Day 2 accesories on those cars. Does anyone know what brand of traction bars are used on the silver Nova in the article? I have a brand new set of MAS Performance bars, and they look very similar.

supcarbob
04-06-2012, 10:04 PM
The traction bars we used on the silver Nova are the Bill Thomas ones he custom made in his shop. Bill Jr. has said one of his jobs was painting them blue back then , so blue they are...Bob - MuscleCar Designs..

PxTx
04-06-2012, 10:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rickraft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great issue, really brings back the memories with all the Day 2 accesories on those cars. Does anyone know what brand of traction bars are used on the silver Nova in the article? I have a brand new set of MAS Performance bars, and they look very similar. </div></div>

Love to see the pics of those. I'm not familar with that manufacturer.

That Sivler Nova is pretty darn cool. I'm surprised there isn't more discussed on it.

Nova Jed
04-07-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm with you Paul. Sharp looking Nova. Took quite a few pictures of that Bill Thomas Nova and the traction bars. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

rickraft
04-07-2012, 06:47 PM
I will have to dig those bars out of storage. Most of my parts and car stuff have been stored away since we moved and during the building our new shop. Hopefully I can start to bring everything home soon.
What I can recall is that they look very similar to the ones that were used in an early 69-70 magazine article drag testing a 69 Yenko Camaro. They are not square or rectangular tubing like the Lakewood style bars, but made from flat stock. Mine are new in the box, painted a grey similar to GM shock grey and if I remember corrrectly, the intructions are dated 1971. I think they spell it M.A.S. Performance on the box.
Love to see those pictures of the Nova Jed. It's a beauty!

Nova Jed
04-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Thanks rick! I'm hoping to have more pictures soon. Would love to see those slapper bars!