PDA

View Full Version : Help With My Super Bee

CanCOPO
04-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Guys:
I need a bit of help. I bought Charlie's SuperBee. It's my first Mopar and I absolutely love it. I need to do a few minor things to the car and want to keep it as original as possible. What is a good source for plug wires, belts, shocks and a brake booster/master cylinder and or place to have it rebuilt. I will probably put a new one on and have the original rebuilt and then reinstall.

And a bit of a puzzle. How do you lock the doors? Key doesn't work and if you push the button down and close the door it pops up. If you try pushing the door handle button in with the lock down it won't move. Is there a Mopar secret or does it simply need servicing?

Thanks and much appreciated.

Charley Lillard
04-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I think if you look thru the receipts, the brake system was gone thru.

old5.0
04-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Hold in the button, push the lock, shut the door. Wouldn't hurt to pop off the door panel and spray a little aerokroil on the mechanism.

bashton
04-10-2012, 07:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CanCOPO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys:
I need a bit of help. I bought Charlie's SuperBee. It's my first Mopar and I absolutely love it. I need to do a few minor things to the car and want to keep it as original as possible. What is a good source for plug wires, belts, shocks and a brake booster/master cylinder and or place to have it rebuilt. I will probably put a new one on and have the original rebuilt and then reinstall.

And a bit of a puzzle. How do you lock the doors? Key doesn't work and if you push the button down and close the door it pops up. If you try pushing the door handle button in with the lock down it won't move. Is there a Mopar secret or does it simply need servicing?

</div></div>

Congrats on snagging a great car! Now...how about bringing it to MCACN in november for our specal Super Bee display? We already have Reliable Carriers lining up trucks from Texas. I can promise you, you'll be among great people and Charley would be happy to personally detail the car for you all weekend and pay for your beer.

I would recommend contacting Ken Mosier of The Finer Details for your parts needs. If he doesn't have it, he'll know where to get it. His number is 317-745-2125 or go to their website; http://www.thefinerdetails-1.com/

To lock the doors on my '69 GTX, it was key into the lock and turn only.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

CanCOPO
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
It's definitely a possibility. I would like to show my 69 Hugger Orange RS COPO as well.
Thanks for the link and number. Much appreciated

Xplantdad
04-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Take both to the show! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

That's cool that Charley volunteered to personally detail your vehicle! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

CanCOPO
04-12-2012, 02:15 AM
The beer would be far more costly, trust me.

Xplantdad
04-12-2012, 04:22 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

BADSIXPACK
04-27-2012, 11:22 PM
call frank baddelson 804-275-2155

CanCOPO
04-30-2012, 03:45 PM

TXSS
05-21-2012, 01:52 AM
Tim (CanCOPO) had a minor catastrophic failure in the torqueflite this weekend. Not sure yet exactly what happened but the tail shaft housing exploded. The main case looks to be intact, thank god but the tail shaft housing is toast, more like croutons. Any help in locating a correct tail shaft housing ASAP would be greatly appreciated. PM or email

Thanks

http://texasbuiltmusclecars.com/Bee/DSCF6208.JPG

njsteve
05-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Is that the park &quot;gear&quot; showing? - The cog that the parking pawl engages with?

Possibly an accidental shift into park when the car was moving?

TXSS
05-21-2012, 02:25 AM
Could be. I'm not a Mopar guy.

He said he had felt some vibration the past couple of days. Was just driving along and them POW. I know he didn't shift it into park when it was moving. When I put it in park now it still rolls free. Needs a tail shaft housing for sure.

Charley Lillard
05-21-2012, 04:15 AM
Crap...

TXSS
05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Sh#t happens.

wheelhop
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Might be a good time to convert to a 4-speed manual trans!

Chevy454
05-21-2012, 05:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could be. I'm not a Mopar guy.

He said he had felt some vibration the past couple of days. Was just driving along and them POW. I know he didn't shift it into park when it was moving. When I put it in park now it still rolls free. Needs a tail shaft housing for sure. </div></div>
Was this under &quot;spirited&quot; driving conditions? It would probably be a good idea to take a look at that driveshaft...I'm far from a transmission guy, muchless a Mopar transmission, but a driveshaft vibration may have wiped that rear bearing/bushing and then the slop broke the housing, or maybe it just kept gaining slop allowing the driveshaft to move and break the housing? Kind of a &quot;chicken or the egg&quot; scanario, lol...bummer, but it could have been worse! I've seen cars pogo on their driveshaft from broken driveline parts, not pretty...

Jim Ferron
05-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Still under warranty???

TXSS
05-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Could have been much worse. Drive shaft will be balanced and installed with new joints.

Absolutely it’s under warranty. Charlie always gives a 12mo/12k warranty with all his survivor cars........you didn’t know that?

Also, I found a tail shaft housing should be here Wed.

Charley Lillard
05-21-2012, 08:45 PM
I actually sent him a PM telling him I will cover it. It was supposed to be just a good old car.

mockingbird812
05-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Dang Charley, that is stand up!!!! (<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/CharleySucks.gif very little)

TXSS
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I was just kidding. You're a good man Charlie but anything else is strickly between you and Tim.

napa68
05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dang Charley, that is stand up!!!! (<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/CharleySucks.gif very little) </div></div>

Boy..................I'll second that!

CanCOPO
05-22-2012, 06:49 PM
A number of friends and my kids asked me how I could buy a car sight unseen and from someone I didn't know. I explained what I had heard about Charlie from Rick and others. Guess I was right. Thanks Charlie.

CanCOPO
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM
I have ordered a new fuel filler neck grommet for the Bee. I can't seem to find a reference for installing it. Is there a guide for how far to seat the neck into the tank? I notice a small ridge around the filler neck. Should this seat against the grommet? Is the neck sealed into the grommet with any form of lubricant or sealant?
Thanks and Best Regards