PDA

View Full Version : Dick Harrell 2002 Camaro

JJEH
04-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone knows a lil bit more abt. the "Dick Harrell Edition Camaro?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> DICK HARRELL EDITION SUPERCARS
By BERGER CHEVROLET &amp; GMMG, INC.
</div></div>

http://dickharrell.com/images/dh_pr1_600px.jpg
http://dickharrell.com/Camaro.php

Does it really exist? If, how much are out there?

Thanks fellas <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

Xplantdad
04-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Yep...read a bit Here (http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13816642) GMMG filed for bankruptcy like a lot of other businesses in the past few years...

Glenn Powell
04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
That is Val's car. That is the same paint that is on the WAR EAGLE car. There were several of those cars built by Matt.

Glenn

sYc
04-25-2012, 06:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glenn Powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That is Val's car. That is the same paint that is on the WAR EAGLE car. There were several of those cars built by Matt.

Glenn </div></div>

I never quite understand why Val's car was painted in War Eagles colors, you would think Dick's daughter would want it <span style="color: #FF0000">RED</span>, as to my knowledge, beginning with the '66 Nickey sponsored Nova, Dick's cars were always some sort of Red, even most of the cars he sponsored.

Glenn Powell
04-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Yep....That has been talked about a time or two....
We took the funny car to PENWELL, TX this past week end, Number one Q and was Runner up. Life is good GP

sYc
04-25-2012, 07:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glenn Powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yep....That has been talked about a time or two....
We took the funny car to PENWELL, TX this past week end, Number one Q and was Runner up. Life is good GP </div></div>

Congrats.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

JJEH
04-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Dang, that's a sad story. Usually I don't like wide bodies that much... but the 4th Gen Camaro looks not too bad. It looks also really good in this aqua color;

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/multimedia-exchange/90459-thread-you-will-post-dick-harrell-camaro-pics-dont-quote-pics-dick-harrell-camaro.jpg

I bet they will become high value collector items...

Is it known how much they did built?

Glenn Powell
04-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Congrats....

Brought back a lot of memories of 66 and 67. We were having the time of our life back then and did not know it.

There were fifty D H cars starting out but I do not know how many were completed. There were several completed and sold.
I know I signed 49 of them.

GP

sYc
04-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Plans were to do 35+, but the program ran into numerous problems, where Berger Chevrolet, who was footing the bill, finally pulled the plug, returning the last few unfinished cars to Michigan to finish in-house.

They are cool looking cars but the widebody cars had rear wheel clearance problems, as GM would not allow GMMG to cut the existing rear fender wells, thus a wide tire big enough to fill the added rear flare created a major problem when hitting any kind of bump.

GMMG cars as a whole had several major issues, at least the 427 transplants. Some would not idle with AC on, wrong rear springs causing tires to rub, wearing of valve guides and other engine parts, excessive use of oil, even at least one engine had the piston rings installed upside down. Even when GMMG was in business, often times they were not willing, maybe not able, to fix many of the problems. More then one owner had to resort to have another shop straighten out their car out for them. Now that GMMG is bankrupt, unless Berger Chevrolet, or the folks at Dick Harrell Performance, are willing to help, you are definitely on your own.

As per collectible, IMO, with all of the issues, and the release (and success) of the 5th Gen Camaro, iffy at best.

sYc
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glenn Powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Brought back a lot of memories of 66 and 67. We were having the time of our life back then and did not know it.

GP </div></div>

As they say, the good ole days, and looking at the world we live in today, they really were.

SS427
04-25-2012, 09:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sYc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> even at least one engine had the piston rings installed upside down. </div></div>

I think I remember that car....... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

JJEH
04-26-2012, 12:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sYc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plans were to do 35+, but the program ran into numerous problems, where Berger Chevrolet, who was footing the bill, finally pulled the plug, returning the last few unfinished cars to Michigan to finish in-house.

They are cool looking cars but the widebody cars had rear wheel clearance problems, as GM would not allow GMMG to cut the existing rear fender wells, thus a wide tire big enough to fill the added rear flare created a major problem when hitting any kind of bump.

GMMG cars as a whole had several major issues, at least the 427 transplants. Some would not idle with AC on, wrong rear springs causing tires to rub, wearing of valve guides and other engine parts, excessive use of oil, even at least one engine had the piston rings installed upside down. Even when GMMG was in business, often times they were not willing, maybe not able, to fix many of the problems. More then one owner had to resort to have another shop straighten out their car out for them. Now that GMMG is bankrupt, unless Berger Chevrolet, or the folks at Dick Harrell Performance, are willing to help, you are definitely on your own.

As per collectible, IMO, with all of the issues, and the release (and success) of the 5th Gen Camaro, iffy at best.
</div></div>

Wow, that's such a destructive development. They have the chance to do such awesome things and blew it because of not being able to or lack of willingness. Sad sad sad...

Thanks for the info tho. Had no idea...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sYc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> even at least one engine had the piston rings installed upside down. </div></div>

I think I remember that car....... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif </div></div>

That just hurt to read and imagine <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif

Xplantdad
04-26-2012, 04:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glenn Powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yep....That has been talked about a time or two....
We took the funny car to PENWELL, TX this past week end, Number one Q and was Runner up. Life is good GP </div></div>

Glenn...cool stuff! Got any pics or video? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Glenn Powell
04-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Hey Bruce, No pics or videos yet.,,.Should have some a
little later.
Hope all is well your way. Later GP

Glenn Powell
04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Racing in Penwell this past weekend brought back memories
of the Harrell topless Nova the first time I seen it.
It was one more work of drag racing engineering. Quite a car.

GP

Xplantdad
04-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Very cool Glenn! If you are out this way at all give me a holler. I will wait patiently for more videos <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Glenn Powell
04-27-2012, 06:29 AM
The D.H.02 Aqua colored Camaro above is the one that James Z. and I got our hands slapped at the Unvailing in Georga.....

GP