PDA

View Full Version : '13 Shelby GT500: XXX HP!!

mockingbird812
04-27-2012, 09:23 PM
<span style="font-family: 'Impact'"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">This is a muscular LOOKING muscle car with a muscular engine to back it up!</span></span></span>
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif<span style="font-size: 26pt"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3366FF">SIX HUNDRED and SIXTY-TWO</span> </span></span> </span> </span> HP!!!!!!!!!! <span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">*</span></span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/mockingbird812/sYc%20site/shelby13.jpg

* sorry, i get these 'stang burrs under my saddle every now and again <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/eek.gif

XXXGoldL34M20
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
ZR1 Camaro is way over priced compared to these beauty's IMO.
I still thing the GT 500 is way better looking than the Camaro or Challenger by a long shot and they just keep getting better with each year<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

ORIGLS6
04-28-2012, 06:17 PM
There's a Blue Oval Virus circulating in these parts too Sam. We're currently working on an anti-venom, ......... before it's too late. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/blush.gif

That's a mean, mean ride. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

DarrenX33
04-28-2012, 06:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ZR1 Camaro is way over priced compared to these beauty's IMO.
I still thing the GT 500 is way better looking than the Camaro or Challenger by a long shot and they just keep getting better with each year<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif</div></div>

IIRC, I think GM said that they didn't want a too retro design on the Camaro because it would be hard to evolve from that. Whatever the case, Ford certainly figured it out.

Stefano
04-29-2012, 04:43 PM
That is one bad a$$ muscle car.

YenkoYS100
05-19-2012, 07:25 PM
They are kickin booty right now. They have them at the drags with Evan Smith. Check out the youtube new vids.

Rick

old5.0
05-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Rumor is 11.8 @ 121 hot lapped. Good air and slicks, these'll crack 10's. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YenkoYS100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are kickin booty right now. They have them at the drags with Evan Smith. Check out the youtube new vids.

Rick </div></div>

Stefano
06-24-2012, 12:10 PM
I think Ford may sell a few of these.

XXXGoldL34M20
09-02-2012, 02:26 PM
What a great video and car.
I want one of these.

http://youtu.be/NRuE38Bl5Mo

mockingbird812
09-02-2012, 03:13 PM
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-family: 'Verdana'">Only 196 mph <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif. I saw a brand new black on black w flat black stripes '13 Shelby GT 500 in Beaver Creek Friday night. Stealthy and Beastly looking! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif</span></span></span>

Woj
09-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Two weeks ago in Michigan I had a chance to tour the Mustang assembly line in Flat Rock, MI. The next day was followed by a full day at Ford's Development Center in Dearborn. I walked away a huge fan of the Mustang. At the assembly plant, we met the head Mustang engineer (41 year old guy) and got an hour and a half tour of the assembly line. These guys are committed to making a great product that meets the customer's needs.

At the Development Center we were able to get hot laps with professional Ford engineers/drivers in their GT500, Boss 302, Police Interceptor, SVT Fusion and a high perf pick up truck. They also set up an area that we could drag race either a pair of Flexes, Pick Ups, or V6 Mustangs. The guy I went with and myself got the Mustangs to drag, they were fast and fun.

When I got in the GT500 for the hot lap, the driver had the AC going. I commented on it and he said, it is only a few horse-power and we might as well be comfortable. I have no idea how fast we were going down the track; I was in survival mode as the driver was carrying on a casual conversation regarding the car and its handling. He max performed the car on the straightaways and turns. I could not believe how well the GT500 and Boss 302 handled and performed.

Overall, I'd say the Boss 302 was better in handling (even the Ford guys said this, due to weight distribution). The GT500 was slightly better in acceleration compared to the Boss, both still handled very well.

I think for the money, you can't go wrong with one of these Fords, I personally like the Boss a little better. I know I'm starting to consider getting one. You get comfort, performance and a good looking car for fairly reasonable money.

Phil Woj.

Postsedan
09-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Ford and Shelby nailed it, very impressive.

Dan