PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know Greg Lane???

Bill Pritchard
06-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Anyone in Mopar circles ever heard of a guy named Greg Lane? He claims to be knowledgeable about the old Max Wedge cars, but my Mopar knowledge is very limited and I have not heard of him.

mockingbird812
06-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Bill,

Yes Greg is knowledgeable and a nice guy. I think he has a database on early super stock mopars. Darrell Davis really knows these cars and is enjoyable to talk to. He can be reached at 407.330.9100. James Kramer of Herman PA knows these cars too and can be reached here: Kramers website ( http://www.kramerauto.com/ ) Or call him at 724.285.5566

Bill Pritchard
06-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks Sam! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

superstock427
06-14-2012, 08:09 PM
If you want to research max wedge stuff you may also want to pick up Jim Schilds latest book on the max wedge cars. Can do a search for Jim Schild and I think the Authenticity Guide will pop up or Mancini Racing sells them on their online store. I have his number if you need it. He keeps a pretty big database of surviving cars much like Darrel Davis.

As mentioned previously Darrel Davis has a wealth of great knowledge and owns a few max wedge cars himself. He also sells the Max Wedge and Hemi vin lists for 62-65 mopar factory cars. These books also include copies of original literature from back in the day.

What's great about these car is that you already have vin info to confirm what the car was from the factory(much like PHS), you can also get a report from Chrysler Historical about options,production dates and dealer history. A little harder verifying a COPO car with out a lot of documents,owner history,etc(if non Canadian).

FYI,
Alex

Bill Pritchard
06-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Thank you, Alex! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

69hurstSC
06-22-2012, 03:14 AM
I have Darrell's 64 Plymouth Super Stock III and Super Commando Guide. It is a wealth of knowledge.

Tommy Nolen
06-23-2012, 03:11 AM
A guy named Richard Kras @ mymopar.com decoded my '64 Plymouth. He seemd very knowledgable, only charged $35 to decode the fender tag and VIN.

Ziggysdad
07-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Greg Lane knows max wedges and race hemis. His website is
www.maxwedge.com (http://www.maxwedge.com)