PDA

View Full Version : Traction bar ID.

BillD
10-29-2012, 06:03 PM
I have had the bars in the photo for a number of years. As you can see in the picture one bar is 2 inches longer than the other. Most people I have asked have told me they must not be a matched pair. However, I just came across another set that are exactly the same configuration. Has anyone seen this before? Or know why it would have been done?

Thanks for the help. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/billdamsky/102_1690.jpg

sYc
10-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Looks like you can run the bars where the rubber snubbers hit at the same time, or put one in the extra hole, allowing them to contact at different times, thus changing your pre-load on launch.

whitetop
10-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Bill
They appear to be early Lakewoods but I have never seen a set with one side shorter than the other...but I never say never anymore

Salvatore
10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
hey Bill, put the 2 long bars together and short bars together and you will be good to go. going to keep both sets? How did the weather treat ya?

BillD
10-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Sam, thanks for asking about the storm. I am in CT, about 4-5 miles from the shoreline so we made out OK. The people living closer to shore really suffered. The news reports say the flooding is worse than Irene from last year. Many of the people hurt by Irene were still rebuilding, or just rebuilt from last year and now they got it again.

Salvatore
10-30-2012, 08:58 PM
real bad winds here but NO power loss. Many around us lost power. Much debris all over though. Its really a mess but we are fortunate.