PDA

View Full Version : Another "value" question........

twertsy
12-18-2012, 02:38 PM
As you folks can probably glean from my other Shelby proto post, I'm looking for a "collector grade" car. Recently found a '70 Boss 302, fully restored "roller." ie. no drive train but everything else, inside and out, is restored. Seller is asking $24k. Marti report & clean title. Unlike the Shelby (same seller), this one seems to be more in line value wise. My single hesitation is the lack of a trim tag. Although with the Marti, I guess that's covered? Thoughts greatly appreciated!!?

Sportyworty
12-18-2012, 03:31 PM
I have owned a few Boss 302 cars you are welcome to email direct and we can go over a short list of particulars to calculate a market value. I have been a Boss Forum member for 10 yrs and know the cars pretty good.
Kerry
[email protected]

firstgenaddict
12-21-2012, 01:50 PM
I am not up on the Boss 302's however I would like to own one at some point in time, what are current values?
There is a VERY nice red 25k mile 70 Boss 302 Survivor that shows up at cruise in's here locally!

Sportyworty
12-21-2012, 03:33 PM
well likely as has been the trend with all muscle correct survivor, numbers cars are the top shelf. Red is a relatively rare and desireable color on a B2. Condition condition condition same rules apply. A top flight survivor is going to be 75-100. Not many have cracked that but it has happened. A nice semi restored driver is in the 50K range currrently give or take for options, color metal history etc.With the cavernous heads I prefer a high axle ratio car to get things going sooner than exceeding the speed limit. Every time I miss having one and pick up remember why I prefer the 428 CJ cars and sell it. Torque is fun especially with a high axle ratio and bump stick. You can roll the gears on the street or frontage road feel the thump and not exceed the speed limit...too bad or for too long. Weith the little motor and huge head ports on the B2 you have to wind the snot out of it.

Fast67VelleN2O
12-24-2012, 06:51 PM
This is why almost every B2 block I have ever seen has been welded on, sleeved, repaired, has carnage, etc.