PDA

View Full Version : Barrett Jackson, opinions

markinnaples
01-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Anyone watching?

Opinions on the prices, quality of cars, interesting sights, etc.?

SBR
01-17-2013, 03:10 PM
Waaaaay too many commercials. Thank goodness for Tivo. That being said, the prices seem to be good but the weekend will tell the story.

StriperSS
01-17-2013, 05:06 PM
I was surprised to see a 70 Trans Am with a column shift automatic go through. Had to be pretty rare, but talk about the wrong shifter in the wrong car!

markinnaples
01-17-2013, 05:50 PM
I did see those two SC/Ramblers go through (one paint scheme A and one paint scheme B) that appeared to go for pretty strong money, although I am not all that familiar with AMC prices these days.

markjohnson
01-17-2013, 07:49 PM
I never realized those AMC Ramblers had interchangeable bumpers front-to-rear! Still not sure about how knowing that will affect me directly, but it's good to know that.

Don_Lightfoot
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
I watched about three hours on Wednesday evening. Some people may disagree, but overall I thought the prices were fairly strong. Unfortunately BJ doesn't have as many stock Musclecars as a few years ago so it's hard to judge. We also don't know if the ones being offerred are in fact "REAL". Good car show none the less.

njsteve
01-17-2013, 10:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StriperSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was surprised to see a 70 Trans Am with a column shift automatic go through. Had to be pretty rare, but talk about the wrong shifter in the wrong car! </div></div>

Yup, very rare but not very valuable. If you forgot to order a console when you got an automatic, the shifter lever wound up on the column.

SUSQ
01-18-2013, 12:04 AM
I can't be 100% certain, but I think a car just went across the block that the old guy with the cane DIDN'T buy. Who is that guy?

All kidding aside, I did see some '68-'72 small block Corvettes that were well bought.

BJCHEV396
01-18-2013, 12:19 AM
I think he's Honey-Boo-Boo's grandad.All that money to spend on cars but no teeth!

SUSQ
01-18-2013, 12:32 AM
True, but he's at BJ having the time of his life and I'm at home wishing I was!

XXXGoldL34M20
01-18-2013, 12:33 AM
I like the new Question Challenge were they ask what is more preffered with collectors were Speed Viewers vote on line about a two way awnser.
Yesterday they had Barn Find Or Restored? Fully loaded or Stripped?
Just tonight the first one was 4 Speed Trans or Auto Trans?
Maybe i missed one from the list.
Some are easy to pick like tonights early question 4 Speed 75% Auto 25% <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

SuperNovaSS
01-18-2013, 01:01 AM
The 69 Dick Harrell Camaro I used to own goes through on Saturday. It should be interesting.

Jason

GTO_DON
01-18-2013, 02:33 AM
When did u have that???

Xplantdad
01-18-2013, 03:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperNovaSS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 69 Dick Harrell Camaro I used to own goes through on Saturday. It should be interesting.

Jason </div></div>

This one? Owned by GL now....pics taken from the wife's cell phone

SuperNovaSS
01-18-2013, 03:46 AM
Yes, that is the one. I found and owned it in the early 2000's. There are threads on this site from back then when I found it. I bought it in CA and shipped it to Hawaii where I was living at the time. There is a new article coming out on it soon with the whole story.

Jason

SuperNovaSS
01-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Link to old thread on Harrell Camaro (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5552/1)

markinnaples
01-18-2013, 02:22 PM
That is awesome. Beautiful Camaro.

It seems to me that the fenderless 30's Fords that used to be pure gold (and in my opinion, are still works of art) in the Buttera style were going relatively cheap.

Man, I'd love to own one of those.

69hurstSC
01-18-2013, 04:36 PM
The SC/Ramblers have been hovering around 50k for a few years. Most had some racing history attached which helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markinnaples</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did see those two SC/Ramblers go through (one paint scheme A and one paint scheme B) that appeared to go for pretty strong money, although I am not all that familiar with AMC prices these days.
</div></div>

Xplantdad
01-19-2013, 12:04 AM
Neat stuff Jason!!

Tracker1
01-20-2013, 10:25 AM
I predict a run on eBay of ZL1 engines - wow 88K.

and 357K for an Olds 442 vert? I don't care if it is one of only four red cars, somebody was drunk.

The &quot;last&quot; L88 Corvette was stolen - good price, buyer should be happy.

And 4.2 mil for the batmobile? What is this 2006? I thought you guys were in a recession? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

napa68
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
This just makes Mecum look better every time IMO. 325K for a 442? Albeit a real sharp W30............but 325K?.

Tracker1
01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Yeah Tim, I am betting there's some buyer's remorse this morning...and a hangover

Billohio
01-20-2013, 12:40 PM
One of the Batmobile bidders was pretty wobbly! Looked like he had a long day

70 Forest Green Zee
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
That guy who bought the &quot;Batmobile&quot; looked like he was pretty wasted.... he probably woke up this morning and said to himself &quot;what the hell did I do???&quot;

flyingn
01-20-2013, 02:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: napa68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This just makes Mecum look better every time IMO. 325K for a 442? Albeit a real sharp W30............but 325K?. </div></div>

Thorton did it. I think that drove the price up

Tracker1
01-20-2013, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyingn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: napa68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This just makes Mecum look better every time IMO. 325K for a 442? Albeit a real sharp W30............but 325K?. </div></div>

Thorton did it. I think that drove the price up </div></div>

Didn't they do the blue one too - 237K?...so that's 100K premium for a special color? silly. And what was with the GS Stage 1 'vert for 66K - what the heck was wrong with that car? looked great on TV...dead body in the trunk?

BJCHEV396
01-20-2013, 03:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 Forest Green Zee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That guy who bought the &quot;Batmobile&quot; looked like he was pretty wasted.... he probably woke up this morning and said to himself &quot;what the hell did I do???&quot; </div></div>Not only did he pay $4.2M for the Batmobile but a 10% buyer's fee of $420K!!!

njsteve
01-20-2013, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 Forest Green Zee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That guy who bought the &quot;Batmobile&quot; looked like he was pretty wasted.... he probably woke up this morning and said to himself &quot;what the hell did I do???&quot; </div></div>

Did you see what he said when he was asked why? He pointed to the blonde with him and said &quot;She made me&quot;.

I want to hire that blonde to be in the audience when I auction my Charger. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Mr70
01-20-2013, 03:23 PM
I wonder who Craig Jackson was ripping on,when he mentioned outloud after the bidding,&quot;So much for this car being worth 200K.&quot;
Sounded personal..

njsteve
01-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes, I heard that. He then siad that he would be expecting an appology letter.

69SSZL1
01-20-2013, 03:37 PM
I missed the description of the ZL-1 engine but saw it sell for 80k. What was the deal with it? Why so much?

pSYCo
01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
..........Honey BooBoo's grand dad is probably only 47!

ssl78
01-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Google his name and arizona its pretty funny what comes up. I really do not know if its the same guy.

SBR
01-20-2013, 03:52 PM
I thought that I heard him say that during the marketing campaign, he was fighting the press which said that the car was only worth a couple of hundred thousand dollars.

x Baldwin Motion
01-20-2013, 04:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 Forest Green Zee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That guy who bought the &quot;Batmobile&quot; looked like he was pretty wasted.... he probably woke up this morning and said to himself &quot;what the hell did I do???&quot; </div></div>

http://www.yenko.net/attachments/usergals/2013/01/full-2847-2349-riddler.jpg

seriously, what happened last night?

MosportGreen66
01-20-2013, 04:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BJCHEV396</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 70 Forest Green Zee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That guy who bought the &quot;Batmobile&quot; looked like he was pretty wasted.... he probably woke up this morning and said to himself &quot;what the hell did I do???&quot; </div></div>Not only did he pay $4.2M for the Batmobile but a 10% buyer's fee of $420K!!! </div></div>

Rumors got out last night that the buyer is also an AZ resident which could mean he'll spend another 8-10% in in state taxes.

Billohio
01-20-2013, 05:09 PM
He said when they interviewed him he lived right there. ouch

Xplantdad
01-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes, he lives locally and his business is right down the street from where Lynn works!

napa68
01-20-2013, 06:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder who Craig Jackson was ripping on,when he mentioned outloud after the bidding,&quot;So much for this car being worth 200K.&quot;
Sounded personal.. </div></div>

The more I hear Craig Jackson make his little comments, the less I think of him. I sometimes wonder about the objectivity of his auctions compared to others.

XXXGoldL34M20
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
April Rose (The only female on the Speed cast) should go back to being a brunette <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif
She looked awesome as a brunette in the first shows she did a few years back.
That bleached blonde bimbo look has got to go <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

x Baldwin Motion
01-20-2013, 07:08 PM
did they really just cut away when that Red BM Camaro was ready to go, then come back for a Toyota SUV?? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif

pissed <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif

x Baldwin Motion
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x Baldwin Motion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did they really just cut away when that Red BM Camaro was ready to go, then come back for a Toyota SUV?? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif

pissed <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif </div></div>

never mind, NOT a BM camaro, a west coast Starsky and Hutch Camaro

mockingbird812
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

IM RARE
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never realized those AMC Ramblers had interchangeable bumpers front-to-rear! Still not sure about how knowing that will affect me directly, but it's good to know that. </div></div> they will fit but rear bumper has an extra bolt on the ends of the bumper

jimbo
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: napa68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more I hear Craig Jackson make his little comments, the less I think of him. I sometimes wonder about the objectivity of his auctions compared to others. </div></div>

He is always preaching &quot;No Reserve&quot;. His Green Hornet Shelby had a &quot;Reserve&quot;.
$1.8 mil and didn't sell.

John
01-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Here is what the Barrett-Jackson websit list

.... as the sale price &quot;including buyers premium&quot;

Price: *$4,620,000.00

.... plus tax !!!!

... BAM! ZAP !POW! %#@!@&amp;* Holy Batman Robin!

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/stupid.gif

Sportyworty
01-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Yes regarding the &quot;Green Hornet&quot; color change, 390 California Special Prototype with no Shelby vin. Incorrect Independent Rear not like the original Goodell and missing many of the Conelec Fuel Injection parts...Craig decided to change history and now says &quot;he could not bring himself to let her go&quot;.Not considered a Shelby even though it was used by him for different component testing. It had the later quarter panels that started late Feb with the exterior mount reflectors. Being the prototype it would have the early flush mount like many of the regular production cars. More hype by Steve and Craig

SBR
01-20-2013, 11:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimbo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: napa68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The more I hear Craig Jackson make his little comments, the less I think of him. I sometimes wonder about the objectivity of his auctions compared to others. </div></div>

He is always preaching &quot;No Reserve&quot;. His Green Hornet Shelby had a &quot;Reserve&quot;.
$1.8 mil and didn't sell. </div></div>
My guess is if the 1.8 was real money, the reserve would have been dropped.

protree68
01-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Walking around looking at some nice cars i couldn't believe how many cars had repop brake boosters and the wrong mastercyl . Real bummer I may be weird but that just bothers the heak out of me.that stands out so bad makes the hole car seam like a pile . Hey I'm not a booster resto guy trying To sell them . Just saying

m22mike
01-21-2013, 02:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: protree68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Walking around looking at some nice cars i couldn't believe how many cars had repop brake boosters and the wrong mastercyl . Real bummer I may be weird but that just bothers the heak out of me.that stands out so bad makes the hole car seam like a pile . Hey I'm not a booster resto guy trying To sell them . Just saying </div></div>

Thank you, thank you, thank you...If I see another Chyneez booster I am going to.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/sick.gif

protree68
01-21-2013, 02:16 AM
Walked up on real 67 z and looked under the hood and repo booster walked off
Barrett had a red 68 z said low mile found sitting for years i got exited after reading about it look under hood and yup repo booster .there was a repo booster theme for sure .

Mr. Chevy
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pSYCo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..........Honey BooBoo's grand dad is probably only 47!
</div></div>

And her mother is 13 and first cousins to her father who is 24!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif That is without a doubt the WORST realty show on TV now!! I watched about 10 minutes of it the other night while surfing the channels. It was the Thanksgiving special. Nice how they burp and fart right on TV and how the table cloth they were using for the outdoor Thanksgiving feast had dog $hit on it and they just flipped it over as to not see it and used it anyways... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

Rich

m22mike
01-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Rich
It may not be the worst, you need to check out &quot;Duck Dynasty&quot; on A&amp;E.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5e/Duck_Dynasty_Promo.jpg/200px-Duck_Dynasty_Promo.jpg

ORIGLS6
01-22-2013, 02:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m22mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich
It may not be the worst, you need to check out &quot;Duck Dynasty&quot; on A&amp;E.... </div></div>

No comparison. HBB is just plain stupid. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

But Phil on DD is cool. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

01-22-2013, 02:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m22mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich
It may not be the worst, you need to check out &quot;Duck Dynasty&quot; on A&amp;E.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5e/Duck_Dynasty_Promo.jpg/200px-Duck_Dynasty_Promo.jpg </div></div> The first time or two I viewed Duck Dynasty I thought What the F@@k kind of BS have we got here??!! Truthfully after watching a half days worth with my daughter and son in law over Christmas I have actually grown fond of these quackie backwoods boys!

Mr. Chevy
01-22-2013, 04:44 PM
I like the Moonshiner Guys... They make me LMAO!!! I love old Jim Tom and Tickle... Tickle is always half in the bag during filming.. Of course PopCorn Sutton was good also.. I liked his thump keg waltz dance he did... RIP POPCORN!!

http://youtu.be/C7kV6y4PQeI

http://youtu.be/PDjCOho_sKw

Rich

black69
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
I was suprized at the high prices, looks like mopars and certain vettes are doing very well. When I saw the 65 L78 black vette go for 175K before commissions, I jumped out of my chair! Wow. Made my day.

Mopars sold at very strong prices too. 70 cuda hemis should be in the 250-300K range, and they were!

Now where was bill wieman on the bidding of the 71 cuda convert? That I found as a suprize.

BJ is definitely the place to sell a car (and now engines!)

Charley Lillard
01-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Most of the Shelby- Boss guys were very grumpy about what there cars brought.

markinnaples
01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Is the bloom off the Shelby rose?

01-23-2013, 03:03 PM
I was half watching the auction with a bunch of commotion from the kids in the house and I thought I saw a white Boss 429 Mustang sell for about $150,000?

Sportyworty
01-24-2013, 04:24 AM
You did and it sold for 140 once before at Russo a few years ago.. It is too bad that it went to auction at BJ as a poorly restored car in this league drives values down on the rest. The car is a real Boss 429 but the restorer cut the apron vin #'s out and welded them in the new ones and did a terrible job. The 1/4's were also skinned at the top of the trunk line.The floors were patched and bondo was used to &quot;blend&quot; The car is actually an extremely rare 1 of 2 pale pastel Blue with White interior.

Charley Lillard
01-24-2013, 05:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was suprized at the high prices, looks like mopars and certain vettes are doing very well. When I saw the 65 L78 black vette go for 175K before commissions, I jumped out of my chair! Wow. Made my day.

Mopars sold at very strong prices too. 70 cuda hemis should be in the 250-300K range, and they were!

Now where was bill wieman on the bidding of the 71 cuda convert? That I found as a suprize.

BJ is definitely the place to sell a car (and now engines!)</div></div>

Barrett sold a 71 Cougar 429 CJ convert for 57,200.00. Lot 990. The same car sold at Russo in 2009 for 97,900.

JRSully
01-24-2013, 09:47 AM
Wasn&quot;t there a 70 Buick Stage 1 Vert that went very cheap.?(less than $100k).? That was suprising, was the car a dog?