PDA

View Full Version : Did SPEED really just...

69Tom
01-19-2013, 12:02 AM
...completely cut away from 95% of the bidding/auction of a '69 COPO Camaro for a tour of the "Ladies Lounge" at B-J? Come on!! You're killing me!

bwag
01-19-2013, 12:14 AM
I've been following the Speed streaming on my laptop. You get to see every car with bidding...The COPO Camaro did $105,000.

mockingbird812
01-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Link?

L78M22Rag
01-19-2013, 12:26 AM
The TV coverage sucks IMHO. They totally skip over a corvette barn find... then when the 69 pace car with 30k miles crossed the block, they don't even open the hood, nor the trunk, nor show the interior, yet they ZOOM IN on the Indy 500 brochure on the trunk and blab about how great that is. Are you kidding me!

Mr70
01-19-2013, 12:28 AM
http://stream.speedtv.com/barrett-jackson

01-19-2013, 01:17 AM
The bidding had ended on the COPO before they went to the Ladies Lounge. Did you all see the driver of the COPO trying to adjust the rearview mirror and the mirror kept dropping. I guess issues like that are why it only sold for $105k.
James

njsteve
01-19-2013, 01:26 AM
The coverage is imbecilic. It's as if the whole thing was created by and for, people with attention deficit disorder. They can't remain on one topic for more than 30 seconds before stampeding into something else, usually non-auto related.

The fake, staged &quot;debates&quot; are beyond stupid. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

And that &quot;April&quot; girl's hairdo- jeez lady, make up your mnd: did you want blonde or brunette? Did you run out of money midway through your salon visit?

The whole damn thng is annoying.

(yes, I am a crabby old man)

njsteve
01-19-2013, 01:34 AM
OMG they just went to anther stupid debate: trailer queen versus daily driver.&quot;

How about this topic:

Which would you rather see on TV cverage? The auto auction or idiotic banter?

Come on guys, this one should be reeeeeeeal close.
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

mockingbird812
01-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Thanks Rick!

GTO_DON
01-19-2013, 01:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The coverage is imbecilic. It's as if the whole thing was created by and for, people with attention deficit disorder. They can't remain on one topic for more than 30 seconds before stampeding into something else, usually non-auto related.

The fake, staged &quot;debates&quot; are beyond stupid. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

And that &quot;April&quot; girl's hairdo- jeez lady, make up your mnd: did you want blonde or brunette? Did you run out of money midway through your salon visit?

(yes, I am a crabby old man) </div></div>
i didnt notice she had a head sorry

Postsedan
01-19-2013, 01:57 AM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Dan

69L78Post
01-19-2013, 02:26 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG they just went to anther stupid debate: trailer queen versus daily driver.&quot;

How about this topic:

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif </div></div>

It IS a real test of your sanity.. Steve, you're 100% correct.

MosportGreen66
01-19-2013, 02:50 AM
Hi Gents, I was on stage for the COPO because a friend's Vette was right behind it. They rushed that car off stage very quickly. Bidding went to $100k rather quickly and then ended abruptly at $105k. Lots of room left on that car.

Xplantdad
01-19-2013, 03:02 AM
Hi Dan...great seeing you today!

Bill Rose
01-19-2013, 04:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG they just went to anther stupid debate: trailer queen versus daily driver.&quot;

How about this topic:

My thoughts exactly. I said that to my wife last night. I can't believe they found yet another way to ruin the auction coverage. I don't know who they're trying to reach, but it's not car guys. I'm looking forward to the Mecum auction, more than ever.

I now have to have my laptop in front of me, with the sound down on the tv, and every now and then, I look over at the tv, and see if they're actually showing a car on the block.

MosportGreen66
01-19-2013, 04:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Dan...great seeing you today! </div></div>

You too Bruce! Always a real treat catching up with you and ladies!

Billohio
01-19-2013, 04:42 PM
I could do with out April. Not sure why she's there. Not much for eye candy. If they wanted implants, find someone that looks respectable! Now the girls on stage.....
I can't hardly watch with all the commercials. Going to Mecum next week and i do enjoy it

the427king
01-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Most Copo camaros suffer because of lack of factory paperwork.

njsteve
01-19-2013, 07:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Rose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG they just went to anther stupid debate: trailer queen versus daily driver.&quot;

How about this topic:

My thoughts exactly. I said that to my wife last night. I can't believe they found yet another way to ruin the auction coverage. I don't know who they're trying to reach, but it's not car guys. I'm looking forward to the Mecum auction, more than ever.

I now have to have my laptop in front of me, with the sound down on the tv, and every now and then, I look over at the tv, and see if they're actually showing a car on the block. </div></div>

And all those erectile dysfunction commercials! Gee, you wonder why i wont sit there watching with my kids when Speed Channel is blasting those stupid things every time they go to break.

What? No feminine hygene commercials? Where's the equal time. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

With their choice of certain commercial sponsors, it's like they are accusing all those big dollar guys at Barrett Jackson of havng to compensate for their reduced power &quot;under the hood&quot;, if you know what I mean. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Hmmmmm, I wonder why they keep showing a Camaro in that commercial. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/blush.gif

MrsBillyBobcat
01-20-2013, 04:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The coverage is imbecilic. It's as if the whole thing was created by and for, people with attention deficit disorder. They can't remain on one topic for more than 30 seconds before stampeding into something else, usually non-auto related.

(yes, I am a crabby old man) </div></div>

Steve...you crack me up!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif
(I do agree with you! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif )