PDA

View Full Version : Original cowl induction hood insulation pad

njsteve
01-23-2013, 11:20 AM
This is the original factory installed hood insulation pad from the hood of my 1969 Z11 (cowl induction). It had a mouse hole in it so I replaced it. It has been stored, flat since around 2002, maybe? Can anyone use it for a survivor car, perhaps? Or maybe for houses for their other mouses?

It's free, if you want to come get it, I have it here in NJ waiting for you. The stupid thing is too big/expensive to ship, I think. And you cant fold it up without breaking it.

I'll dig through my other old Camaro stuff this weekend to see what other "treasures" I have stored under Pontiac parts.

I might have some very rare Camaro &quot;CAUTION FAN&quot; stickers, too! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

WorkinProgress
01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Steve, I will take it. Where in NJ are you located? PM me.

Thanks, Warren

njsteve
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
I believe Steve Shauger was the first to PM me with a response. If he doesnt grab it, I will go to the next person in line. Thanks, All.

Donnie
01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
This my not be the place to post this, but I think it should be the first to respond to the post (not a PM or phone call) and in line from there.
that way everyone knows who was first. I think all for sale and give away adds should be done like this.

sorry to side track your post Steve.

njsteve
01-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I guess we need to have a mini-rules section on how to qualify as first in line.

I did find the mouse and will be offering it up next! (the mouse trap is included as a free extra bonus) <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

SS427
01-23-2013, 06:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donnie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ......I think it should be the first to respond to the post (not a PM or phone call) and in line from there.
that way everyone knows who was first. I think all for sale and give away adds should be done like this.
sorry to side track your post Steve. </div></div>

Though a good idea Donnie I can see many times where this would not work. Some like their privacy when purchasing a part for their personal reasons. Some people dislike others and would not pass the part onto them regardless if it were free or for sale and regardless if they were the first one or not (I know that from experience... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif ), and in some cases and especially when giving a part away I personally would rather give it to someone who is going to make good use out of it personally and not just resell it at my expense. It would be impossible to these things if all were posted openly.

WorkinProgress
01-23-2013, 08:30 PM
Steve, I guess there are people ahead of me in line besides Steve Shauger? That is what I am reading into your post as you did not address me directly......Warren

njsteve
01-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Sorry about that, you are second in line.

parkbrau
01-24-2013, 05:23 AM
I'll take the &quot;CAUTION FAN&quot; stickers. They spruce up the under hood like nothing else. :grin:

69VN
01-26-2013, 08:38 PM
I'll take the dead mouse. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif Joking ofcourse!

njsteve
02-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Steve Shauger picked up the insulation pad today. I also made him take other leftover pieces of random 1969 Camaro shrapnel I had in boxes. I couldnt talk him into takng all the stuff though. I may have to list the other random worthless stuff now. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Steve Shauger
02-03-2013, 08:04 PM
What makes this hobby so great is getting to meet other hobbyist with common interest, share knowledge and in this case &quot;extra parts&quot;. I want to thank Steve again he's one of the true good guys. Your black formula 455 HO is an amazing piece of history. Love to own that car with 34 options (all the good ones).

Best,

Steve

njsteve
02-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Steve <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Hope you find a use for that random Camaro stuff. Too bad I couldn't talk you into taking it all. Now I have to make a list of the other junk in the boxes.

bbssrs
01-06-2014, 02:41 AM
can never have enough caution fan decals on your gm producthttp://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/01/full-13967-8928-image0.jpg