PDA

View Full Version : Russo results

Canuck
01-24-2013, 04:59 AM
I have tried to see results for the past auction? Any idea when they will be posted?

mockingbird812
01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
They are notoriously slow. There is no reason that results should not be in real time......like Mecum. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

shriyamishra
01-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Wait man ...You will grt that here <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

tom406
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Kudos to Barrett Jackson. This year their results were viewable by day and the sold/bid prices were being updated in pretty much real time during the auction. Very easy to reference and scroll through. Russo would be well served to have an IT person on this. Not so much to placate the armchair fantasy bidders, but to encourage the following and discussion of their event, to promote it for the future. I was at Russo with a bidder, and I'd like to see how some of the cars that I didn't witness fared.

Canuck
01-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Results are now up but only show for sold vehicles.

R&amp;S have lots of room for improvement of the customer experience!

Sportyworty
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
http://www.russoandsteele.com/index.php/car-search?auction_pk=71

Bill Pritchard
01-25-2013, 02:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Results are now up but only show for sold vehicles.
</div></div>

IIRC, that's all R&amp;S ever shows.....no 'high bids' shown for unsold cars.

SuperNovaSS
01-25-2013, 04:52 AM
Why would they show results at all? Isn't that more reason to be there in person?

Jason

mockingbird812
01-25-2013, 10:38 AM
It's not so much whether they <span style="font-style: italic">should</span> show results. R&amp;S may think from a marketing stand point it would be best to not show results to pique interest in the masses (they are probably right about that) but the industry standard, set by Mecum, is to show real time prices for all cars and Mecum has been doing this for years. R&amp;S may not agree w showing immediate results, but the customer is indicating that is what they want/expect and R&amp;S continues to ignore it (perhaps strategically).

SuperNovaSS
01-25-2013, 02:14 PM
That is what I am wondering. When you say the customer wants/expects the results to be shown, who are you referring to? Many buyers and sellers would rather the buying/selling price be kept as hush hush as possible while others would like to be in the spotlight.

Jason

mockingbird812
01-25-2013, 04:44 PM
IMO, Mecum's customers most likely requested it as it costs money and takes time to do so - doubtful that Mecum did it out of the kindness of their heart. Mecum probably sees it as a positive marketing tool to give their customers what they want. I think they are proud of their results and they let their auction transactions do some of their marketing for them.

ORIGLS6
01-25-2013, 06:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.......but <span style="font-weight: bold">the industry standard, set by Mecum</span>, is to show real time prices for all cars and Mecum has been doing this for years. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Mecum probably sees it as a positive marketing tool to give their customers what they want. <span style="font-weight: bold">I think they are proud of their results and they let their auction transactions do some of their marketing for them.</span> </div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/flag.gif

Canuck
01-25-2013, 07:46 PM
IMO R&amp;S is slipping behind the others as a customer experience, let me site a few examples;

I have been a registered bidder for four years running, each year I fill out all the paperwork,get my bank guarantee in order ship it all in and when I get to the pre registered bidder line have to do it all over again and go through the fuss of providing a credit card deposit in conjunction with my bank letter. I spent 30 minutes at the counter after another 20 minutes in a slow line up in 2012 for this. 20 minutes total in 2013. A friend who registers at BJ was in and out of the building in less than 5 minutes.

As registered bidders we were able to park in the Bidders Lot on Wed and Thurs, on Saturday we were told we had to get a parking pass or pay $5.00 for general parking.

The R&amp;S area is very dusty and I empathize with the consignors whose cars are constantly dusty or have to be fully covered up until they cross the block.

I know R&amp;S struggles as #2 to the big dog in Arizona but feltthey can make a few improvements to reach a higher level of customer satisfaction.

Bill Pritchard
01-26-2013, 11:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> A friend who registers at BJ was in and out of the building in less than 5 minutes.
</div></div>

...and I know someone who took over two HOURS to get registered at B-J this year. Luck of the draw? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif