PDA

View Full Version : GM Carlisle 2013 UPDATE...

bkhpah
01-30-2013, 01:53 AM
After a few conversations with Carlisle management the SLS show for 2013 and beyond is a go. As most of you know the show has been predominately a Chevrolet showroom for the first three years. Last year we opened the door to the showroom to Ed Pientas W30 and Wilson Wolfes 69 GTO RA4, both deserving and amazing cars. . We tried to get a Buick musclecar, but failed to locate an excellent hi-po example. The plan all along was to have a Chevrolet showroom and then hand the reins over to the BOP guys. But with the great success of SLS1 Carlisle was happy with the show and asked us to keep it in place. So after SLS3 I wanted to get other GM makes in the mix. It seemed as that was a logical evolution for the SLS. So SLS4 had the first non Chevrolets.

To continue what we started, The SLS will become something renamed like the "GM Hi-Performance Showroom" starting this year. Each year we will feature a theme car like Buick and showcase @ 6 stellar example of that marquee, in the front area. The rest of the show will consist of the same high quality performance cars the SLS has been known for.

So, with that said, I will not only be looking for special Supercar like Yenko's but also those W cars, RA, Super Duties, Gran Sports etc. If you have or know of these cars, that owners would like to be featured in the showroom, please let me know.

In reality nothing has really changed, this is what we were shooting for from the very first installment. We just need a catchy new name or just keep it the SLS regardless. BTW for 2014 the plans are to go over the top with an all 1969 showroom for the 45th anniversary of that historic end of an era. Thanks for all the impassioned emails, phone calls, and of course the support of my friends who put their time and effort into making the Carlisle event and the SLS the go to place. I am looking forward to this brand new chapter..BKH

PxTx
01-30-2013, 02:16 AM
Great news! Looking forward to June!

Xplantdad
01-30-2013, 03:11 AM
Great news Brian.....!

1969grb
01-30-2013, 03:41 AM
Brian, <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Grady

brent396
01-30-2013, 05:03 AM
Great news Brian see you there <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

bergy
01-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Smart move by Carlisle - all the best Brian!

bashton
01-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Great news indeed. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Now about that MCACN display...

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Jeff Murphy
01-31-2013, 01:08 AM
What the? I go off line for a day and the phoenix has risen from the ashes? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

Verne_Frantz
01-31-2013, 08:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkhpah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> After a few conversations with Carlisle management the SLS show for 2013 and beyond is a go. As most of you know the show has been predominately a Chevrolet showroom for the first three years. Last year we opened the door to the showroom to Ed Pientas W30 and Wilson Wolfes 69 GTO RA4, both deserving and amazing cars. . We tried to get a Buick musclecar, but failed to locate an excellent hi-po example. The plan all along was to have a Chevrolet showroom and then hand the reins over to the BOP guys. But with the great success of SLS1 Carlisle was happy with the show and asked us to keep it in place. So after SLS3 I wanted to get other GM makes in the mix. It seemed as that was a logical evolution for the SLS. So SLS4 had the first non Chevrolets.

To continue what we started, The SLS will become something renamed like the &quot;GM Hi-Performance Showroom&quot; starting this year. Each year we will feature a theme car like Buick and showcase @ 6 stellar example of that marquee, in the front area. The rest of the show will consist of the same high quality performance cars the SLS has been known for.

So, with that said, I will not only be looking for special Supercar like Yenko's but also those W cars, RA, Super Duties, Gran Sports etc. If you have or know of these cars, that owners would like to be featured in the showroom, please let me know.

In reality nothing has really changed, this is what we were shooting for from the very first installment. We just need a catchy new name or just keep it the SLS regardless. BTW for 2014 the plans are to go over the top with an all 1969 showroom for the 45th anniversary of that historic end of an era. Thanks for all the impassioned emails, phone calls, and of course the support of my friends who put their time and effort into making the Carlisle event and the SLS the go to place. I am looking forward to this brand new chapter..BKH
</div></div>

Brian,

What were you referring to when you said, &quot;those W cars&quot;?

Verne

x Baldwin Motion
01-31-2013, 09:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Verne_Frantz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkhpah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> After a few conversations with Carlisle management the SLS show for 2013 and beyond is a go. As most of you know the show has been predominately a Chevrolet showroom for the first three years. Last year we opened the door to the showroom to Ed Pientas W30 and Wilson Wolfes 69 GTO RA4, both deserving and amazing cars. . We tried to get a Buick musclecar, but failed to locate an excellent hi-po example. The plan all along was to have a Chevrolet showroom and then hand the reins over to the BOP guys. But with the great success of SLS1 Carlisle was happy with the show and asked us to keep it in place. So after SLS3 I wanted to get other GM makes in the mix. It seemed as that was a logical evolution for the SLS. So SLS4 had the first non Chevrolets.

To continue what we started, The SLS will become something renamed like the &quot;GM Hi-Performance Showroom&quot; starting this year. Each year we will feature a theme car like Buick and showcase @ 6 stellar example of that marquee, in the front area. The rest of the show will consist of the same high quality performance cars the SLS has been known for.

</div></div>

Brian,

What were you referring to when you said, &quot;those W cars&quot;?

Verne </div></div>

I believe Brian is referring to the performance Oldsmobile's

http://www.442.com/oldsfaq/ofwmc.htm#W Machines

(not those big Chevy truck motored cars <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif )

bkhpah
01-31-2013, 10:50 PM
W 30 W31's etc OR 409's!...BKH

x Baldwin Motion
01-31-2013, 11:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkhpah</div><div class="ubbcode-body">W 30 W31's etc OR 409's!...BKH
</div></div>

I stand corrected <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Hawkeye
02-01-2013, 01:24 AM
This is great news. Thank you for extra effort to keep this display alive. I am sure you will take it to an all new level. I can't wait.

Thanks again Brian.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

SLS is still very fitting and a cool name.
GM HI-PO Showroom...
The Fantastic Four... (Chevy,Buick,Olds,Pontiac)
GM Motorama...

Just thinking out loud, but I am partial to SLS.

bkhpah
02-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Keep the ideas for the MAYBE new name change. Those are some good ones..BKH

camarojoe
02-01-2013, 03:53 AM
Great news! How about &quot;GM High Performance Headquarters&quot;?

70 copo
02-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Great news--a display of GM's performance heritage! I will have the guy with the white 70 Trans-Am give you a call.