PDA

View Full Version : Repro throttle arm for ducted hood car

Lynn
01-31-2013, 04:25 AM
I have an unused throttle arm without a scratch.

Just in case you don't know the diff between the original and the repro, the repro has the pinch bolt welded in at the back side. Also, even though the bolt and nut are the correct 1/4 inch coarse thread, the nut is a 10mm hex instead of a 7/16. Other than those two things, it is pretty hard to distinquish from an original.

Price is right.

Free.
Send PM with address.
I will post when it is no longer available.

rickraft
02-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Hi Lynn. I would gladly take that throttle arm off you for my 69Z. Not originally a cowl hood car, but the previous owner put the hood on back in the 70's when he had it painted dusk blue from the original rally green. Until I decide to restore the car back to green and a flat hood, I will run a cowl air cleaner and the rest of the goodies. Two ways to send it, as I live out on the west coast on Vancouver Island. I also have a shipping address in WA state.
Let me know, Thanks, Rick

Lynn
02-01-2013, 12:48 PM
PM sent.
Looks like it is gone.

x77-69z28
02-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Virtually impossible to change with the engine in the car. I love this section!!!

Lynn
02-02-2013, 01:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x77-69z28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Virtually impossible to change with the engine in the car. I love this section!!! </div></div>

But... it can be done with enough patience and contortionisms (yeah, it's not a word).

rickraft
02-02-2013, 06:05 AM
Thanks Lynn!
And great info on the change out. Motor is presently out of the car having just been rebuilt, so I guess I will be changing out the throttle arm before it's installation.
Great site with great people with great information!!