PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the family, need help with a name

VintageMusclecar
02-09-2013, 02:58 PM
So Rachel's brother calls me Wednesday afternoon. A &quot;friend of a friend&quot; has a bit of a dilemma--they have an ailing parent who is scared to death of their new puppy, and puppy has to find a new home by that evening or it's back to the pound, which is where she came from to begin with. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

I'd been considering getting a new puppy since we lost our last dog in 2008. Last February I started looking for another puppy, but when dad fell in March, that put things on indefinite hold. Now that dad's pretty well settled in here and we have a reasonably workable routine established, I decided to take a chance and bring this little girl in.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/2013_02090001_zpsc05c7920.jpg

Her previous owner named her &quot;Dixie&quot;, but the name just doesn't fit her.

She's almost pure bred yellow Labrador--her daddy was of unknown origin, but momma was all Lab.

Personality-wise, think <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;twin turbocharged top fueler on nitrous&quot;</span>. (lol) <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif . She recognizes two speeds: fast idle and WOT. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

She's already destroyed two new (soft) chew toys and laid waste to a tennis ball in less than a day, but the hard rubber toys and her tug-o-war rope have survived...so far. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/eek.gif

She's actually <span style="font-weight: bold">very</span> sweet, but spilling over with 5 month-old puppy horsepower. She already adores Rachel, she follows me around like she's tethered to my ankle, and is absolutely gaga over dad...speaking of which, he lights up like a Christmas tree with her...definitely a good thing!...now if we can just keep him from letting her get away with misbehaving. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

SO...<span style="text-decoration: underline">please</span> help Rachel and I pick out a new name for this little monster. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

WILMASBOYL78
02-09-2013, 03:15 PM
<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;she follows me around like she's tethered to my ankle&quot;..</span>

are you referring to Rachel or the hound ? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

I have sent your post to my Karen (pet expert)and asked for name advise...

if it was a male dog I would suggest a few nice short names like: Howie, Cumby or Tibor <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

mockingbird812
02-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Congrats Eric and Rachel. Dogs are................simply GREAT! Looks like you have a hi-energy pup on your hands. Yellow labs tend to have more energy and mature slower than the black labs; our 11 yr old yellow finished puppy-hood at 4 to 5 yrs. Our 3 y.o. yellow shows no signs of slowing down. I like the name 'Scout' for your lil girl. Good luck and I look forward to meeting her in person.

P.S. there is mischief in them thar eyes! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

ORIGLS6
02-09-2013, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VintageMusclecar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> She already adores Rachel, she follows me around like she's tethered to my ankle, and is absolutely gaga over dad...</div></div>

It's a well known FACT that dogs are a great judge of character. If a dog doesn't like someone; steer clear of that person. They know! Sounds like she's already adopted all three of you. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Now, as far as that 'Name' thing, ............ PLEASE don't curse her by associating her with Howie!!!!! It may be accurate since he tears up everything he touches, ...... but c'mon, ......... the ASPCA would be at your door in a matter of minutes if you named her' Howie'. (or for that matter, either of the other two that Wilma suggested! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif )

She's a doll Eric. She'll bring you years of smiles.

(BTW, one of the local guys here had two Norwegian Elkhounds named Muncie and Chevy and another guy named his Ausie Bebe [for Big Block] )

SS427
02-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Awesome addition to the family Eric. You will NOT regret it!

I vote for 'Holley' as her name. Kind of fitting don't you think? Works well with turbos, nitrous and is certainly great at WOT!

VintageMusclecar
02-09-2013, 05:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic">&quot;she follows me around like she's tethered to my ankle&quot;..</span>

are you referring to Rachel or the hound ? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

I have sent your post to my Karen (pet expert)and asked for name advise...

if it was a male dog I would suggest a few nice short names like: Howie, Cumby or Tibor <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif </div></div>

No need for a tether with Rachel, she already follows me around...with a cast iron skillet! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Eric and Rachel. Dogs are................simply GREAT! Looks like you have a hi-energy pup on your hands. Yellow labs tend to have more energy and mature slower than the black labs; our 11 yr old yellow finished puppy-hood at 4 to 5 yrs. Our 3 y.o. yellow shows no signs of slowing down. I like the name 'Scout' for your lil girl. Good luck and I look forward to meeting her in person.

P.S. there is mischief in them thar eyes! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif </div></div>

Sounds like a plan! Hopefully we'll be able to put something together soon. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

(up for another trip to Company 7? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif )

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORIGLS6</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VintageMusclecar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> She already adores Rachel, she follows me around like she's tethered to my ankle, and is absolutely gaga over dad...</div></div>

It's a well known FACT that dogs are a great judge of character. If a dog doesn't like someone; steer clear of that person. They know! Sounds like she's already adopted all three of you. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

...She's a doll Eric. She'll bring you years of smiles.</div></div>

I'm looking forward to just that! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome addition to the family Eric. You will NOT regret it!

I vote for 'Holley' as her name. Kind of fitting don't you think? Works well with turbos, nitrous and is certainly great at WOT! </div></div>

You won't believe this, but Rachel said the same thing last night--I didn't think she was serious though...she implied that if we named her &quot;Holley&quot; that we'd have to get two <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">more</span></span> dogs just so we could name them &quot;Rochester&quot; and &quot;Carter&quot;! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Here's the list of names we've come up with so far:

-Delilah

-Brandi/Brandy

-Bailey

-Holley

-Peanut

-Roxie

-Sadie

-Daisy

and lastly, Missie, short for &quot;Miss&quot;...as in &quot;mis(s)<span style="font-style: italic">chevious</span>&quot; or &quot;mis(s)<span style="font-style: italic">behaving</span>&quot;...<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">BOY</span></span>, does <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> name fit!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

WILMASBOYL78
02-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Given your line of work and the dog's energy...how about &quot;Jet&quot;.??

If a more femine name is of interest..I have always like &quot;Samantha&quot;...but you got to call her &quot;Sam&quot;.

wilma

luzl78
02-09-2013, 07:07 PM
How about &quot;mighty mouse&quot; for a name? It coincides with the small block you are building.

olredalert
02-09-2013, 10:51 PM
----Eric,,,Im going with Ricks choice (Holley) as I was already thinking that before I read Ricks post (great minds think alike)!!!!!.........Bill S

njsteve
02-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Does she bark and howl a lot? I always like the doggie name Banshee, for the screaming howling creatures out in the woods at night.

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

Xplantdad
02-10-2013, 02:29 AM
I like Holley as well <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Postsedan
02-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Labs are Great Dogs, we have a Yellow Lab her name is Sasha.

Eric please let us know on what is her new name is? Congrats <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

Plowman
02-10-2013, 01:34 PM
Holley is the name we called our dog. We also called her&quot;Dual-Feed&quot;.

rubbinisracing
02-10-2013, 02:38 PM
I name our pups after the founders of this great country and others who I respect and admire...Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, etc. We've never had a female but when/if we do, Madison will definitely be first. As the principal author of The Federalist Papers and the Constitution his contribution can't be forgotten.

Or you can use what my wife calls our Lincoln when he tears up the house, chases the cats, grabs the groceries out of her SUV while she unloads. That &quot;jackass&quot; dog.

Mr70
02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
How about Posi.
For the obvious,as well as the positive attitude your home is for her.

WILMASBOYL78
02-10-2013, 03:05 PM
In case you need more confusion...

http://www.dognameswoof.com/girldognames.htm

http://www.cat-dog-names.com/page/category/114/

since we all like to run hi-test gas..how about &quot;ethyl&quot;

wilma..too much information <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

njsteve
02-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Our yellow lab/husky mix is named Daisy. She is currently snoring happily on the love seat, sleeping on top of the Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix, who considers her, his security blanket.

MrsBillyBobcat
02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Congrats on the new puppy Eric! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif I like all the names on your list, but think Rick's choice &quot;Holley&quot; would be a good choice considering what you do for a living. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

WILMASBOYL78
02-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Since we are on a pet discussion..here is our 17lbs. of feline...Oliver <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gifhttp://www.yenko.net/attachments/usergals/2013/02/full-1121-2687-img_20121228_190430_009.jpg

MrsBillyBobcat
02-10-2013, 04:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since we are on a pet discussion..here is our 17lbs. of feline...Oliver <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif </div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

VintageMusclecar
02-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Rachel is sitting here with me now reviewing the responses so far.

On the list at the moment:

Daisy

Madison/Maddy (slight rub here, Rachel's brother's GF has a &lt;2 y.o named Natalie, and goes by &quot;Natty&quot; for short--potential source of confusion there, both for the dog and the kid lol)

Mitzi (new to the list)

Trixie (new to the list)

Ethyl

Holley (--but Rachel feels only our &quot;car nerd&quot; friends will &quot;get it&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif )

Lucy (new to the list)

Lola (new to the list)

Izzy (new to the list)

Cookie (new to the list)

And last (for now), but not least, here's one the dog seems to have picked for herself:

Bacon

I kid you not...that commercial for the TV show &quot;US of Bacon&quot; came on where the guy bellows &quot;BAAAACOOOOON&quot; and she perked up and went trotting down the hallway to see who was calling her. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

Goofy dog. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

L72COPO
02-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Eric, we had a cat that purred extremely loud and I had just gotten into Z-28's so we named her &quot;DZ&quot;. You should stick with something automotive maybe &quot;A stock&quot; and I do like the &quot;Holley&quot; suggestion.

njsteve
02-10-2013, 04:36 PM
I VOTE FOR BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hand down, that's the best name of all.

njsteve
02-10-2013, 04:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrsBillyBobcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since we are on a pet discussion..here is our 17lbs. of feline...Oliver <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif </div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif </div></div>

I can top that with Jabba the Cat:

http://www.yenko.net/attachments/usergals/2013/02/full-1359-2688-jabba_the_cat.jpg

WILMASBOYL78
02-10-2013, 04:58 PM
That cat ain't missin' any meals <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

MrsBillyBobcat
02-10-2013, 05:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Oh my goodness! He is a big boy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

MrsBillyBobcat
02-10-2013, 05:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VintageMusclecar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

And last (for now), but not least, here's one the dog seems to have picked for herself:

Bacon

I kid you not...that commercial for the TV show &quot;US of Bacon&quot; came on where the guy bellows &quot;BAAAACOOOOON&quot; and she perked up and went trotting down the hallway to see who was calling her. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

Goofy dog. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif (sounds like she might know what &quot;bacon&quot; is <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif )

Rachel called us &quot;nerds&quot;? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif (LOL) <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

njsteve
02-10-2013, 08:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrsBillyBobcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Oh my goodness! He is a big boy! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/shocked.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif </div></div>

His other name is Freddy Kruger Kitty. He was another rescue animal we got talked into. He's a formal feral cat that was neutered and released back into the wild to reduce the feral population. He is FIV positive (the feline version of HIV), but I think that was a scam to get us to adopt him - he is around 15 years old and has quite the personality. He takes no crap from the three dogs. In fact, he learned from the Jack Russell how to get around the dog gate. The Jack wedges his head between the bars and spreads it far enough to get his body through. The Kat does the opposite, just to get into the dog area to stalk the dogs and sit next to the computer screen in the office.

TDW
02-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Eric, she is a pretty girl, hence the name &quot;Purdee&quot; would be appropriate.

njsteve
02-10-2013, 11:22 PM
How about some more photos of the as yet un-named doggie?

x77-69z28
02-10-2013, 11:35 PM
How about JET? As in quadra jet, or fast like a jet, or carb jet? My golden retriever took about three years to calm down. She will always be where ever you are, and you will not want it any other way! &quot;SARGE&quot; is laying at my feet as I post this.
Buddy

VintageMusclecar
02-11-2013, 12:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about some more photos of the as yet un-named doggie? </div></div>

She got a little too wound up tonight and got in a bit of trouble. As such, she will be spending the rest of the night in her kennel.

This little girl's gonna take some work.

I'm getting the impression she didn't get much in the way of discipline with her p/o. She's getting it now (no violence), and she's more than a little displeased. (not much in the way of howling or whining, thankfully)

I've raised approximately a dozen different dogs since I was a kid, the last two being a pair of Golden Retrievers (a male [1992-2005] and female [1995-2008]). FWIW, re: the Goldens, their groomers consistently complimented me on how they were some of the best-behaved dogs they had ever worked with. I was very proud of those two. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Of all the dogs I've owned, this little ding-dong is w.o a doubt the most high-strung. She is <span style="font-weight: bold">very</span> smart (reminds me of my Goldens), and is learning basic commands remarkably easily. She is very good when she's behaving, but when she misbehaves, she <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> misbehaves. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/thumbsdown.gif

As far as a name, we're trying a new one on for size right now.

As I want this to be her dog, I'm trying to let Rachel make the final call on a name with this one since she has never had a dog of her own. This is why I don't want to name her &quot;Holley&quot; (although I think it's a great name). Naming her Holley would obviously imply I made the choice, and I don't want to take that away from Rachel.

dboles
02-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Back in the 80's a friend and I were following sprint cars. He had a boarder collie named &quot;Stagger&quot; It was a good fit.

VintageMusclecar
02-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Still not sure where everything stands with her right now. As much as I hope this works out, there are other priorities that take precedence over this.

Touch and go for now...

WILMASBOYL78
02-12-2013, 03:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dboles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back in the 80's a friend and I were following sprint cars. He had a boarder collie named &quot;Stagger&quot; It was a good fit. </div></div>

&quot;Stagger&quot;..that's Cumby's nickname for Howie <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

wheelhop
02-13-2013, 02:45 AM
I like Holley too, maybe Rochester?

njsteve
02-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Rochester's a boy's name.

How about Delco? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

VintageMusclecar
02-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Here's a clue to the name we're considering now;

If you know who this child actress from the 1930's is, you'll know the name--and more importantly, why it was chosen (lol).

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4107/5057276617_61393eb6b8_z.jpg

WILMASBOYL78
02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Isn't that &quot;Darla&quot; from the Little Rascals..??

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

mockingbird812
02-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Yeah it is! What a sweet heart!!!!!!!!!!!

VintageMusclecar
02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WILMASBOYL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't that &quot;Darla&quot; from the Little Rascals..??

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif </div></div>

Yep. As I said, the name should be self-explanatory lol.

VintageMusclecar
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Pics as requested;

She's learned how to shake:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/Dog/2013_02130005_zps7b62dc42.jpg

Well, sort'a:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/Dog/2013_02130002_zps3b31159b.jpg

Her most favorite thing in the whole world:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/Dog/2013_02130006_zpscb382b97.jpg

We're slowly making progress with her--as the old saying goes, &quot;two steps forward, one step back&quot;.

Her p.o. apparently encouraged her to engage in fairly rough &quot;mouth play&quot;, i.e. &quot;play biting&quot;. We've had a few light &quot;nipping&quot; incidents, but she hasn't aggressively tried to bite, she just <span style="font-style: italic">really</span> wants to play rough. This is proving to be the most difficult issue to break right now since she's so high-strung. She goes from 0-60 in a nano-second which makes it a bit of a challenge to reel her in.

I've had to resort to submission holds a few times to get her to calm down, but Rachel doesn't have a firm handle on doing that yet.

I can definitely see why the p.o.'s mother was nervous around this one. So far she's been fantastic with dad, she hasn't been overly-aggressive with him at all--she goes into full submissive puppy-mode when she's around him, but she's still all wiggles and squirms. Dad's been around dogs all his life, so he's not afraid of her at all...we just have to watch <span style="text-decoration: underline">him</span> like a hawk with her because he'll also encourage the rough play if we let him (think &quot;grandpa&quot; spoiling a grand-kid).

njsteve
02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
What a pretty doggie. Great name.

Now you need a second dog named Alfalfa to croon to her: &quot;Im in the mood for love&quot;.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

MrsBillyBobcat
02-13-2013, 03:58 PM
<span style="font-size: 11pt">LOVE her name!</span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now you need a second dog named Alfalfa to croon to her: &quot;Im in the mood for love&quot;.... </div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

markjohnson
02-13-2013, 05:56 PM
I kinda like &quot;REO&quot;, for the 50 cc accelerator pumps.

VintageMusclecar
03-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Just because...

Doggie Nirvana...this oughtt'a keep her occupied for a while. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

(I foresee even more vacuuming in my near future)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/Dog/2013_03020002_zps14e4bc33.jpg

VintageMusclecar
05-16-2013, 12:31 AM
It's not as if there were ever any question as to whether or not Labrador Retrievers like water... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

(No, she didn't bite through the hose, it's got a hole in it from a kink)

Goofy dog.....(click the pic)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/Dog/th_Darla051613_zpse797fa33.jpg (http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/Dog/Darla051613_zpse797fa33.mp4)

ORIGLS6
05-16-2013, 12:56 AM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif Priceless!!!

mockingbird812
05-16-2013, 01:15 AM
I can't wash my car with my Labs in the area as they must bite the water stream of the hose! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Xplantdad
05-16-2013, 01:26 AM
That's awesome. &quot;Hey Darla, you're on candid camera!&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Postsedan
05-16-2013, 03:06 AM
Best video of the week, month......Love it <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Thanks for sharing Darla.

Dan

olredalert
05-16-2013, 12:27 PM
----That could go on &quot;funniest home videos&quot;. $10,000 ya know!!!......Bill S

VintageMusclecar
05-16-2013, 01:09 PM
She came inside shortly after I took that video. I was sitting in my office and a few moments later I heard her grumbling by the front door. I got up to see what was going on...she'd spotted a baby rabbit in the front yard munching on some weeds just a few feet from the door. A few more grumbles...then the rabbit spotted her.

It sat up on its haunches, stared back at her as if to taunt her with a postural <span style="font-style: italic"> neer ne neer ne neer neer</span> and continued to munch on the weeds.

She grumbled again in disgust and walked away from the door.

I got a little bit of it on video as well. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

I hope for that rabbit's sake it doesn't unintentionally cross her path in the <span style="font-style: italic">back</span> yard...ain't no screen doors back there for it to hide behind. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

mockingbird812
05-16-2013, 02:16 PM
Can't wait to meet this lil girl <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif. I am pulling the 442 carb we discussed this evening and I will contact you to bring it over - maybe this weekend?

VintageMusclecar
05-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Give me a call when you're ready.

mockingbird812
05-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Love the snapping noise in the vid!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

elonblock
05-18-2013, 10:32 PM
That's great!

VintageMusclecar
09-22-2014, 08:05 PM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/Dog/001_zps27b08c5a.jpg (http://s33.photobucket.com/user/VMCP777/media/Dog/001_zps27b08c5a.jpg.html)

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d73/VMCP777/Dog/002_zpsdd4cf1c6.jpg (http://s33.photobucket.com/user/VMCP777/media/Dog/002_zpsdd4cf1c6.jpg.html)

Spoiled rotten.

SS427
09-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Aren't they all. To some of you who don't have any two legged kids, these ARE OUR kids so they deserve to be spoiled.

bergy
09-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Our grand daughter just got this little shepherd pup - 7 weeks old. She'll only have it for 13 months (hopefully) while she trains it to be an assist dog for a sight impaired person. Our Cavalier is next to it.
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/09/full-2170-16328-nala.jpg