PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know Don Bowles fr N.E. Ohio

sYcYenko
02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Greetings. I have the number of Mr. Bowles fr N.E. Ohio in my directory and number but no info. Is he with the N.O.C.C?? Car collector? I tried to call but only a recording fr Verizon. Any ideas???

Postsedan
02-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Carl,

Contact Mark Meldrum, he runs the NOCC.....perhaps he can help you.

http://www.northernohiochevelleclub.com/j1/

(440)570-9256

Dan

Chevyfever
02-15-2013, 03:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sYcYenko</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Greetings. I have the number of Mr. Bowles fr N.E. Ohio in my directory and number but no info. Is he with the N.O.C.C?? Car collector? I tried to call but only a recording fr Verizon. Any ideas???</div></div> Remember a Don Bowles drag racer I believe super stock,ran some at riverside dragway in southern Ohio,closed in late 70s.

Chevyfever
02-15-2013, 03:34 PM
If you go to bluegrass dragway reunion drag racer pg2 a picture of Don Bowles running at Indy.
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

old5.0
02-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Don Bowles is still an active racer in NMRA and NMCA competition. His 2005 Mustang was actually the test bed for Ford when they were drag testing the 6.2 Hurricane engine a few years ago. I've seen pics of him racing a brand new 429 SCJ Mach 1 back in 71, so he's been around awhile. Somebody on the NMRA forum would know how to contact him, if it's important.

larry_csa
02-17-2013, 12:18 AM
I'am Not shure who the bowles guy is in Ohio. BUT, it not Don Bowles with the fords. Don starded racing in the late 60 early 70s. I met him in memphis. He has allways call his cars the &quot;COAL DIGGER&quot; I II III and so on. Don Invented, created or designed (call it what you will) a way to seperate coal from rock. Sold the paten and retired. this was in the late 70s or early 80s. the last I saw don was about 5----7 years ago in Memphis and a fablus ford sunday. He like the rest of us got pissed off at NHRA and took his toys else where. Don lived in KY in the east arround the Mines. If you just gotta get a hold of this guy Him and Jack Roush are reallll tight. call roush racing.
Larry