PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic City Classic Car Auction

SUSQ
03-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Spent the day yesterday with my son at the classic car auction at the convention center in Atlantic City. Lots of fun and some decent cars but LOTS of "No Sale" cars that fell short of their reserve prices. Were any other members here in attendance and have a similar observation?

PxTx
03-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Seems it was always that way, or at least for the last 10 years. I stopped going.

BlueSS454
03-03-2013, 10:50 PM
I went Friday afternoon after work. My personal opinion is that the whole event has gone downhill in the last few years. Less and less vendors are attending and the quality of cars that are there is lessening every year. There wasn't a single car there that had the WOW factor. 90% of them were driver cars which is OK, quite a few were way overpriced IMO and the ones that were "Professionaly restored" were lacking in quality and detail.
I stopped counting how many Chevelles had the Ford fan shroud decal on it...

Fast67VelleN2O
03-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I stopped going when it switched to the new convention center. The swap meet used to be great there, until they started charging close to $300 a space at the new center. No thanks.

BlueSS454
03-04-2013, 03:53 AM
It's even higher than that now. It's $400 for a single spot, $450 for a corner spot, absolutely ridiculous.

Fast67VelleN2O
03-04-2013, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueSS454</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's even higher than that now. It's $400 for a single spot, $450 for a corner spot, absolutely ridiculous. </div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif

Alss
03-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I don't waste my time anymore.....
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

Dog427435
03-05-2013, 05:14 PM
First attended in ’81 at the old Convention Hall - it was a Great weekend trip back then - It definitely lost a lot when it moved to the new center, but I still find it an enjoyable break from a cold winter weekend!

Steve Shauger
03-06-2013, 01:26 AM
I started going in the late 70's and thought it was something special, especially the swap meet. I've arranged a bus trip for my club the last few years which make it rather easy. We left Long Island at 6:00am, and arrived at 10:00am. This show has not kept up with the times, but it does break up the winter, and rings in spring for me. Most of the car were very pedestrian with a few exceptions. A friend of mine brought his 41 Packard Woody Wagon to the auction and it's absolutely stunning(doubt it met reserve). I left at 3:00pm and headed to Bally's and hit the slot with the $20 bus package stipen they gave me and won $256 in 15 minutes. The bus left at 4:10 and arrived home at 9:00pm, saw Kenny and a few others. I'll be back next year but don't expect much to change...

Salvatore
03-06-2013, 02:23 AM
Sorry I missed you Steve. I was there with my wife and another couple like always. It does break up the winter. Had dinner at the Borgata Buffet this year but switch off to Bally's Wild West buffet the other years. Kinda lack luster but have fun anyhow. Ran into KP also Saturday morning.

ddmrk
03-06-2013, 06:24 PM
you guys are right It does break up the winter ,for me it was Bery Bery Good took <span style="font-size: 11pt">2</span> and SOLD <span style="font-size: 11pt">2</span>

ss427copo
03-07-2013, 02:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stopped going when it switched to the new convention center. The swap meet used to be great there, until they started charging close to $300 a space at the new center. No thanks. </div></div>

I concur.. The old convention center was a blast 20 years ago. Cars in the arena, parts on the other side. Now...? Shitty cars and made in Japan junk tools and pocketbooks. FUHGETTABOUTIT.........