PDA

View Full Version : mecum's new digs..

black69
03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
My brother lives up by lake geneva wisconsin, and noticed a lot of construction going on near by, he said they will even have a hotel as told by one of the construction crew (although the article below does not say that). One would think $26M would include a mecum hotel.., but I dont know how much $26M buys you these days..

Heck, I can see in my crystal ball, the MCACN show moving up there some day <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/...e-in-wisconsin/ (http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/02/15/mecum-to-build-auction-park-permanent-home-base-in-wisconsin/)

bashton
03-20-2013, 06:26 PM
As an FYI; this article is over a year old and Dana and his team moved their headquarters out to Walworth well over a year ago, and have recently opened the Mecum Gallery there.

The Mecum Auction Company returns as the Title Sponsor for the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show, and we appreciate their continued support.

As far as a move for MCACN to Walworth? No...I am sure that Dana has plenty of things to keep the Mecum crew busy there, and since MCACN requires about 400,000 square feet of indoor space, there are only two options in the metro Chicago area able to accommodate us, and only one we choose to do buisness with. We also recently signed a multi-year contract with the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, as it has proven to be the perfect match for the MCACN show.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com (http://www.mcacn.com)

mockingbird812
03-20-2013, 06:29 PM
<span style="font-size: 14pt">Thanks for the update Bob and congrats on signing the multi-year contract. If that ain't confidence in more GREAT things to come, I don't know what is!!</span> <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

black69
03-20-2013, 08:21 PM
bob, sorry about the date of that article, I assumed it was a later publication, based on the construction going on that my brother saw.
It will be interesting to see what $26M buys up there in the end. I wonder if dana is going to set up something that rivals barret-jackson, and that we all know that is some serious square footage.
For some reason, I thought dana was part owner of mcacn too, obviously mistaken, that's why I speculated on a down the road relocation. never mind....

Xplantdad
03-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Great news on the multi year deal Bob, it keeps getting better <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Charley Lillard
03-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Dana owns no part of MCACN. He is our title sponsor as in he writes us a big check. The way we had it printed some people read it as if it was Mecums show.

black69
03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dana owns no part of MCACN. He is our title sponsor as in he writes us a big check. The way we had it printed some people read it as if it was Mecums show. </div></div>

yep, I made that assumption.