PDA

View Full Version : Motion Performance

tjpterryp
04-01-2013, 02:47 AM
Gentelmen,
Anyone have any "expertise" on Motion Performance of lore out on the east coast? The history of our 68' SS427 indicates it might have been blueprinted by them fresh out of the factory.

SS427
04-01-2013, 01:24 PM
There are several Motion experts that are members here not too mention SS427 experts. Tell us more.

tjpterryp
04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Ok, here's the jist. I am the youngest of four brothers from Brodhead Wisconsin. After 30 years, we are all in a better place with time and finances so we are dragging out my fathers 68' SS 427 Impala Sport Coupe. VIN # 164478J138976. The original owner (also from Brodhead) actually worked on the line over in Janesville and was there as it was being built. It was purchased from him in 72'. My oldest brother spun a main bearing in 73' with about 53K miles on it. The motor was pulled and sent to a local shop but never put back together. After all this time, that shop is still in business and some of the guys that originally tore it down are still around and remember doing it. As best as I have gathered here's what we know:

When the motor was originally tore down it appeared to have been repainted once already.

Many of the parts were "stamped" as to have been documented for whatever reason. I've been told this is not something from the factory.

The air filter cover has the "MP" style Motion Performance sticker on it. The original owner did not place it there and neither did anyone from my family.

There is hearsay from other people who worked the line and knew about this vehicle back in the day that adds mystery and speculation about the potential for this motor to be an MP product.

SO. We are only doing this as it is a common bond between four brothers that stirs memories of long ago. We are not rebuilding to sell or show. I know that my nephew has a huge interest in this car and it will be passed down at least one generation after us. Any information we are attempting to gather is only for our own knowledge.

day2killa
04-01-2013, 06:29 PM
pics will help

69 Post Sedan
04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
If you need help taking detailed pictures of the car, I'm located in Janesville. I am very familiar with Brodhead as my mom was raised there and I still have relatives living there.

Kurt

tjpterryp
04-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Not trying to promote another board but my brother posted pictures here.

http://members5.boardhost.com/impalass427/msg/1361233210.html