PDA

View Full Version : Olds W-Machines Invitational Display for MCACN V

bashton
04-09-2013, 02:45 PM
We are happy to announce we will be adding a very special gathering of Oldsmobile W-Machines to the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show this year. Gary Riley, who handled the restoration of the 1969 Hurst/Olds convertible unveiled at our 2012 show, has agreed to assist us, and has already secured some incredible cars from several private collections that have never been shown anywhere near Chicago.

This display is for the rarest and best real-deal documented W-Machines from 1966-1972, so if you own one, or know of a suitable candidate, please let us know. [email protected]

Again, this display is <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> for quantity, it is for quality and ALL cars must be verifiable.

Another reason to join us for our 5th Anniversary show, November 23-24, 2013. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

olredalert
04-09-2013, 02:51 PM
----Im in with a 67 W30, Bob. Cant wait!!!!!......Bill S

bashton
04-09-2013, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Im in with a 67 W30, Bob. Cant wait!!!!!......Bill S </div></div>

That's what I'm talking about! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Send some pics and info to [email protected]

You are long overdue to<span style="font-style: italic"> participate</span> in MCACN, Mr. Bill! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
04-09-2013, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Im in with a 67 W30, Bob. Cant wait!!!!!......Bill S </div></div>

That's what I'm talking about! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Send some pics and info to [email protected]

You are long overdue to<span style="font-style: italic"> participate</span> in MCACN, Mr. Bill! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

(just messin' with you!)

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

The Dude
04-09-2013, 05:04 PM
The W code started in 65. The 442 option was RPO W29.

bashton
04-09-2013, 07:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The W code started in 65. The 442 option was RPO W29. </div></div>

This special display is for all W-Machines with the factory &quot;Outside Air Induction&quot; option, which is not limited to the 442's. To the best of my knowledge, this was introduced in 1966, thus we are focusing on these years.

Of course, if you own or know of a prime '65 442, we would love to have you join us!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PeteLeathersac
04-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Saw this '65 442 Post advertised a few times recently, looks like Cutlass trim so 1 of 2262 if a real 442 Cutlass auto when new?
Seems all the $ but I don't know the car or seller or if Canadian delivered new and paperwork available but it's near me if anyone here ends up losing sleep about it.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1965-Oldsmobile-442-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ356600539

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif
~ Pete

DW31S
04-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Oh well, once again, due to the Caribbean Cruise, I'll be smelling sea air instead of Cam2 that week. I sure do love my wife! Actually, I can't say enough GOOD about her, because without her now, I'd be in hospice. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my spinal operation, and I need her to do quite a bit of stuff for me. I'm progressing well, but even so, currently I'm not much more mobile than an invalid. You see, I just don't have the heart to ask her to change our yearly cruise--it's been 19 years now and OH! does she look forward to it.

TimG
04-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Ahhhhh, this year the Formula 1 weekend in Austin doesn't overlap with this great show. Good deal.

The Dude
04-09-2013, 09:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The W code started in 65. The 442 option was RPO W29. </div></div>

This special display is for all W-Machines with the factory &quot;Outside Air Induction&quot; option, which is not limited to the 442's. To the best of my knowledge, this was introduced in 1966, thus we are focusing on these years.

Of course, if you own or know of a prime '65 442, we would love to have you join us!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

Yes the OAI started with the 66 W30s. But like I said the very first so called &quot;W machine&quot; was the 65.

DW31S
04-10-2013, 02:58 PM
The first 442 actually was a '64, and Olds guys cherish them, but not many people (other than Olds guys) have an appreciation for them. The option was not a &quot;W&quot; code, but was based on a &quot;Police Apprehension Package&quot;. A '64 (real one) is a rare bird and deserves to be in a show, but maybe not in the same section as OAI (RamAir) cars. Maybe in a section of &quot;Early Muscle&quot;---'64 GTO, '64 442, '65 Z16, etc. They definitely deserve some recognition, but were from an earlier era of Muscle.

kep442
11-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Does anyone have the installation instruction for markowitz olds 455 topcat kit for 1970 olds 455 ???

daverd
11-18-2013, 12:01 AM
You probibly gotta use a distributer
Machine to curve it in
And or good old trial and error
With a timing light and seat of the pants
Feel....