PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon

Canuck
04-15-2013, 10:08 PM
2 explosions went off today as about the last half of the runners were crossing the finish line. There are two confirmed deaths and as many as 50 injured. As good friend of mine and Frequenter to this site Gene Wray (FactoryHotRod) was competong and finished about 3 minutes ahead of the explosions. I spoke with him about 30 minutes ago and he and his running group are safe but "getting out of Boston Tonight". Running the marathon was on Genes Bucket List as he has been a runner for 30 years. He says the Marathon now is anti climatic.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/boston-marathon-explosions/index.html

Likely a terrorist strike.

Xplantdad
04-16-2013, 12:09 AM
What is this world coming to...Glad that Gene is okay. Prayers for the injured and the dead... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif

ORIGLS6
04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
There are some sick, sick people out there.

tjs44
04-16-2013, 03:46 AM
The guy that bought my 69 RA V T/As wife crossed the finish line 26 min before it went off!He was standing right where it went off 25 min before!Tom

ORIGLS6
04-16-2013, 02:09 PM
Just heard that one of my co-workers was there competing. He finished before the blast and is OK, but is in lock-down at his hotel. Hoping to head back to Illinois today. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

whitetop
04-16-2013, 02:09 PM
A woman I work out with ran the race. She called the gym last night from Boston and said she was ok-she had finished the race 10 minutes or so before the blast. She was about a block away when they went off-heard a muffled sound.

Gonna talk with her tomorrow morning at the gym..

PeteLeathersac
04-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Like too much these days this latest situation touches a lot of us no matter where we are.
Out of approximately 2000 Canadians running the race about a dozen are from this small Ontario town including my retired dentist's wife, both of them thankfully running behind in their plans to meet up at the finish line explosion area.
Prayers and condolences to all the families and friends of those killed or injured by these unnecessary acts of violence.

~ Pete

JJEH
04-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Another terrorist attack on U.S. soil. We need to find these people, prosecute and charge them accordingly.