PDA

View Full Version : Steve`s 1970 Hemi Charger Sells

Postsedan
05-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Wow! She just <span style="font-weight: bold">SOLD</span> for $200K. Someone got a Great car <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail...mp;startRow=121 (http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=SC0513-154173&amp;entryRow=137&amp;lottype=&amp;startRow=121)

Dan

Ryan1969Chevelle
05-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the play by play

Ryan

Ryan1969Chevelle
05-18-2013, 08:00 PM
How about the 69 L78 Chevelle?

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2013/05/full-13277-4860-img_00000039.jpg

Ryan1969Chevelle
05-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Sorry to steal the thread, congrats on the sale of the Charger.

Ryan

One track mind

mockingbird812
05-19-2013, 12:38 AM
Congrats Steve <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif

bergy
05-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Great car - well documented &amp; well presented - congrats Steve

427freak
05-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Congrats on the sale Steve. From watching on TV it looked like an emotional moment for you when the car was moving off the stage and you knew you were parting ways.

69hurstSC
05-19-2013, 05:55 PM
I'm sure it was tough to see it go. Congrats Steve!

SS427
05-19-2013, 06:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan1969Chevelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the 69 L78 Chevelle?

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2013/05/full-13277-4860-img_00000039.jpg
</div></div>

Are you refering to the black red gut 69 L78? Went to Dennis P. His wife bought it while he went for a beer! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif Thanks again for the tickets and seats Dennis!

Postsedan
05-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Congrats, Dennis.....never leave the wife alone at a car auction <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

njsteve
05-19-2013, 09:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427freak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats on the sale Steve. From watching on TV it looked like an emotional moment for you when the car was moving off the stage and you knew you were parting ways. </div></div>

Actually, I got out and was walking away and the infamous blonde &quot;She Who Closes The Hoods From the Passenger Side&quot; Mecum Lady got out and just left it there with no driver for it. They were yelling for a driver.

So I hopped back in and drove it off the block. I was tempted to drive it into my trailer but I hadn't got my check yet. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

The buyer was a nice guy who I spoke with at length the day before. He has a large collection of musclecars so it should be in good company.

Did you notice there was some guy in the car with me? Some loony broker jumped into the car and starts arguing with his money guy for permission to bid on my car. I told him to get out several times. I finally got out myself, on the block and left him in there. You could see Dana lean in and talk to him like he was the owner. Dana looked confused, too. Very weird dude. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif

njsteve
05-19-2013, 09:50 PM
BTW, is there something wrong with the Mecum site? Every time I log in to try to check the sale prices, it defaults back to the &quot;you have to be a member&quot; mode.

Postsedan
05-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Did you notice there was some guy in the car with me? Some loony broker jumped into the car and starts arguing with his money guy for permission to bid on my car. I told him to get out several times. I finally got out myself, on the block and left him in there. You could see Dana lean in and talk to him like he was the owner. Dana looked confused, too. Very weird dude.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

Steve, I saw this.....and I was wondering who this guy was? I saw you get out of the car, then you disappeared off camera......then when I saw Dana talking to someone in the car......I said Steve must have jumped back in the car.....when the passenger door opened and it was not you......I figured it was a friend of yours?

Dan

Postsedan
05-20-2013, 12:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW, is there something wrong with the Mecum site? Every time I log in to try to check the sale prices, it defaults back to the &quot;you have to be a member&quot; mode. </div></div>

Steve,

When this happens.....I usually log off and log back in......and it works.

Dan

427freak
05-20-2013, 04:19 AM
I did see that Steve. Well, in the end, something unusual had to occur, right? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

bashton
05-23-2013, 10:54 PM
So the question is...has the car driven &quot;home&quot; yet? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Congrats on the sale. Was good seeing you and as previously stated, someone got themselves a great car.

And oh...hope to see you in November with the Firebird. That Suburban and the trailer still have some life left in them! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

njsteve
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Yes, I have the garage door open in case she drives back home on her own. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Here is the link that the Mecum guys sent me for the Charger when it was on the block. It looks like the crazy guy who jumped in the car as it approached the block actually ended up bidding on the car, up to 175K. He got in and immediately started arguing over the phone with his money guy for permission to bid on the car. I told him: &quot;Dude, this aint a phone booth, get out and bid if you want the car&quot;.

I was going to get the security guys to drag him out thinking it was a carjacking waiting to happen (It's a Jersey thing).

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/33006237/highlight/361009

MrsBillyBobcat
05-25-2013, 01:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the question is...has the car driven &quot;home&quot; yet? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I have the garage door open in case she drives back home on her own. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif
</div></div>

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Congratulations Steve! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif

iluv69s
05-28-2013, 06:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And oh...hope to see you in November with the Firebird. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

Awesome car !! congrats on the sale !!

200 large !! I'm thinking he is gonna arrive at the show with a new toy !!

so what's next Steve....PROJECT TROIS ??? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

njsteve
05-28-2013, 07:31 PM
I'd love to get the blackbird painted but I cant find anybody local to do it. So I may just show up with the car &quot;as-is&quot; for the barn find class.

How about we set up a live display and have all you resto guys paint my car over the three days - kinda like Overhauling? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif