PDA

View Full Version : 69 Judge T handle grip

GaryC
05-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Hey guys, what's the current market on an OEM Hurst T handle grip go for? I had a Feb 69 built RA III Judge Carousel Red 4 speed car in the early 90's and still have the aluminum handle with the big H on it to that car. Currently I'm using it in my 69 Z28 but if I should ever decide to sell it I at least would know what is a fair price to ask. It's in really decent condition.

GTO_DON
05-22-2013, 05:05 AM
100-150 Dollars

GaryC
05-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Are the reproductions close or no? I've never seen one close up to compare.

Fast67VelleN2O
05-22-2013, 08:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GaryC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the reproductions close or no? I've never seen one close up to compare. </div></div>

They are dead on in my opinion.

GTO_DON
05-22-2013, 08:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GaryC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the reproductions close or no? I've never seen one close up to compare. </div></div>

They are dead on in my opinion. </div></div>
No they are not Matt...They have a brushed finish which original do not and the number 4 in the pattern is different. I collect these also...DONT ASK ME WHY I do some stupid s%$t sometimes.

GaryC
05-22-2013, 08:44 PM
I'll have to check the one I have to be sure but I think it has the open 4 on it. I'll get a pic and post it for verification.

Thanks guys.

GaryC
05-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Here is a pic of the grip. I forgot I had this white plastic one too. Plastic one probably doesn't bring too much does it?

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2013/05/full-13756-4902-hurstthgrips.jpg

Fast67VelleN2O
05-22-2013, 09:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GTO_DON</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=Fast67VelleN2O]
No they are not Matt...They have a brushed finish which original do not and the number 4 in the pattern is different. I collect these also...DONT ASK ME WHY I do some stupid s%$t sometimes. </div></div>

I guessed instead of actually going out and looking at the few that I have. My bad.

njsteve
05-22-2013, 09:22 PM
The white one is probably made out of real ivory from extinct whooly mammoth tusks. Most likely a felony to own one now. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

GaryC
05-22-2013, 09:41 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif It's plastic. Man, if it was ivory I wouldn't have it long. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The white one is probably made out of real ivory from extinct whooly mammoth tusks. Most likely a felony to own one now. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

GTO_DON
05-23-2013, 12:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The white one is probably made out of real ivory from extinct whooly mammoth tusks. Most likely a felony to own one now. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>That is a guud one!!!

MosportGreen66
05-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Matt, I can send you pics of my NOS originals and you'll see the difference. You're a dedicated day-2 guy... You'll instantly spot it

Pm me your email.

Regards
Dan

Fast67VelleN2O
05-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Dan,

I pulled two originals out of my stash yesterday and compared it to a new one that I have in the packaging. Clear as day difference.

-Matt