PDA

View Full Version : Any "tips" on how to stencil drag tires?

BACKN 68
05-22-2013, 04:05 AM
Have a set of M&amp;H Racemaster Muscle Car Drag Tires on the way for my street cruiser, and would like to &quot;letter em up&quot; for that race car look. Was thinking about having them mounted first, and then tape-off the letters and spray or maybe spray and then use lacquer thinner for cleanup of overspray? Which method would be more correct? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif
And would you spray just the large <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> M&amp;H <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> or the smaller racemaster letters as well?

Kent
'68 Malibu ZZ502/502

ban617
05-29-2013, 01:38 AM
I would think just the M&amp;H ,Like mickey thompson does the M/T

MosportGreen66
05-29-2013, 01:58 AM
Kent, I need to do this too. If you find a product and/or paint, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan

SmallHurst
05-29-2013, 05:23 PM
I have not had any experience with this product, but it looks like something that should work: http://www.rangerpaint.com/

You are going to want a material that has a rubber base as it will need to be flexible. Duplicolor has some pens out as well.

DW31S
05-29-2013, 06:24 PM
I have a set oh M&amp;H on my nostalgia car (in avatar, but that's how it looked in 1969) and I use the paint sticks. I do the big letters and the small letters. It isn't that hard to do, but clean the tire real good before you apply the paint. I use the medium point for the big letters and a finer point for the small ones. I usually touch them up now and then, but the paint has stayed on and looks good. I'm not good at posting pics, but I know there are current pics of my car on several sites.

tabooo
06-11-2013, 01:51 PM
The factory for Goodyear and M&amp;H made a template and applied with a spray gun,if you plan on using a paint stick or a brush it just doesn't look the same.