PDA

View Full Version : Mr Norms Dodge commercial

earntaz
08-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Back in the day there was a Mr Norms commercial played on WLS in Chicago -- it was the same theme as the Superman "leadin" ... here it is (the best I can remember)

Faster than a 440 Magnum, more powerful than a street Hemi, can leap wide intersections at a single bound. What described as a small subcompact at a large Chicago dealer fights a never ending battle for street, strip and the interstate … Mr Norms Grand Spalding Dodge.

Commercial played on WLS – talking about Mr Norms 440 powered GSS Dart ...

The TAZ

black69
08-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Interesting timing on a Mr Norms related post, those definitely were some great times. Unfortunately yesterday, my father in law passed away, and he was selling that dream of mr norms at the dealership for yrs. Mr norm told me many times, my father in law was his best salesman, and also started his van conversion buisness for him (which turned out to be huge).

The stories I would hear on holidays were just like what that comercial statement. Street racing was everything until the van conversion thing took off (and the neighborhood changed). One time he said they would race cars up and down grand avenue and cops would chase them back to the dealership. They would quickly take the car into an elevator and bring them to the upper level and ditch the car with others stored up there. Mr norm, if he was not in a good mood, would say to the cops "check upstairs" in one of the buildings. The cops would feel which hood was still hot, and then come down and who ever had that car got in trouble with the cops. Ofcourse, it was always a choice of a payoff or a ticket back then.

earntaz
08-23-2013, 10:52 PM
We used to drive down from northern Wisconsin on a Saturday just to go to Mr Norms and check out the awesome MoPars he had ... good times listening to Larry Lujack (spell) and snout nosed Tommie Edwards on WLS ...

black69
08-23-2013, 11:19 PM
man, that is dedication, as I know that's a haul.

69Tom
11-12-2013, 08:41 PM
I have most of the 60's airchecks from Chicago on this site and did not hear that commercial, but there might be a new one on here I haven't yet heard. Worth a shot. Plus the airchecks are great to listen to.

ReelRadio.com (http://www.reelradio.com/)