PDA

View Full Version : Ebay fees

ZiggyL78
10-04-2013, 01:49 PM
I just received my bill from Ebay.I sold some parts for $2800 and my bill is $280.It's been a while since I sold anything on Ebay,but I don't remember the fees being this high.All I remember was the small listing fees.After selling fees and what Paypal charges you're into 15%.Crazy.

Fast67VelleN2O
10-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the new Ebay. It's only going to get worse.

Mr70
10-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Been going that way for awhile.
Add to that,buyers who cry foul and claim merchandise not as described,while ebay listens to them and not you as the buyer scores 2 fold.
Most are returning to selling/buying in corn fields & indoor swap meets around here,and for good reasons.
1 time flat fee to sell,and gas prices coming down also.

RPOLS3
10-04-2013, 02:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been going that way for awhile.
Most are returning to selling/buying in corn fields &amp; indoor swap meets around here,and for good reasons.
1 time flat fee to sell,and gas prices coming down.. </div></div>

.......and being able to actually inspect the item you are buying in person before you fork over the cash. Good example of that is the Jefferson meet and how succesful it continues to be. Bigger than Carlisle for several years now.

Internet definitely has its advantages to those not close to a decent swap meet or short on time and being able to search globally for a certain part...........

XXXGoldL34M20
10-04-2013, 06:59 PM
I sell 90% of my parts on forums and only go to eBay if I have the parts in stock to long.

Yes, eBay plus PayPal plus eBay fees on shipping leaves you at about $85 to $87 left over on each $100 bill.

I personally think swap meets suck as a seller as you get the cheapest nickel and dimers on the planet that goes to those meets. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif plus you have to sit there all day, pay rent and drive far away. Sometimes I go home with the same profit for a hole days worth at a swap meet then what I make on one single part sold on a forum on the internet. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif