PDA

View Full Version : Banned from Ebay Motors!

downunder1
11-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Ebay has banned all non-American members from viewing or buying cars on Ebay Motors. They gave me no valid reason at all when I emailed them to ask why.
It was almost a daily ritual for me and several friends to peruse the cars for sale. Myself and lots of friends here in NZ have bought cars off Ebay Motors without any serious issues.
I am very angry with Ebay and its attitude, treating us like dummies.

John

Postsedan
11-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Very sad to hear this news....this is wrong!

Dan

Ngtflyr
11-09-2013, 06:07 PM
There has to be a way to route your search thru an IP address in the US. Someone like Bruce can point you in the right direction. I being a computer caveman, don't have a clue.

ktownkid
11-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Somebody is pulling your leg.......no kidding. They want your business....

<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

StriperSS
11-09-2013, 08:05 PM
My cousin in England just bought a vintage truck off ebay out of Spokane, and it just shipped out.

njsteve
11-09-2013, 08:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downunder1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ebay has banned all non-American members from viewing or buying cars on Ebay Motors. They gave me no valid reason at all when I emailed them to ask why.
It was almost a daily ritual for me and several friends to peruse the cars for sale. Myself and lots of friends here in NZ have bought cars off Ebay Motors without any serious issues.

John </div></div>

You might want to check and make sure that you weren't just phished into providing your user name and password via a fake ebaymotors alert email. If I was you, I would immediately go to the main ebay page on your own, not using any links, and reset your password.

XXXGoldL34M20
11-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Has anyone else noticed you can no longer view what people have bought when you view there feedbacks. eBay just keeps shooting themselves in the foot as the years go buy. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

Also it is a shame how many eBay sellers refuse to sell to anyone outside of the USA <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif

L72copocamaro
11-09-2013, 10:47 PM
[quote=XXXBlackLs6M22]Has anyone else noticed you can no longer view what people have bought when you view there feedbacks.

I just checked and it is working normally for me.

P.J.
11-10-2013, 12:11 AM
yes Dan you are right. No shipping to Canada by many US ebay sellers.
Shipping is quite easy and no hassle .Simple ship US POstal.
PJ

John Brown
11-10-2013, 01:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also it is a shame how many eBay sellers refuse to sell to anyone outside of the USA <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif </div></div>

Shipping is as easy to Canada as it is to the US, all you need to do is fill out the correct customs form. I ALWAYS use the USPS cause the postal service doesn't scwer Canadians over on the fees like some other carriers do. The post office does charge a bunch for sending a package to Canada though so that might deter a lot of buyers and sellers, but it doesn't even slow me down. If someone is willing to pay the freight, I'm willing to ship it pretty much wherever they are.

downunder1
11-10-2013, 02:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downunder1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ebay has banned all non-American members from viewing or buying cars on Ebay Motors. They gave me no valid reason at all when I emailed them to ask why.

John </div></div>

You might want to check and make sure that you weren't just phished into providing your user name and password via a fake ebaymotors alert email. If I was you, I would immediately go to the main ebay page on your own, not using any links, and reset your password. </div></div>

I didn't get an email, I was told by a buddy of mine and when I went on line to check it out I couldn't access Ebay Motors, so I sent them an email asking them to explain. I got a reply with several different lame excuses such as how expensive it is to ship a car out of the US amongst others, none of which were relevant. I have checked with several of my buddies here and nobody can look at the vehicles for sale on Ebay. Ebay are so arrogant it is unbelievable.

Damien
11-10-2013, 03:03 AM
Working for me.

Bill Pritchard
11-10-2013, 03:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downunder1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent them an email asking them to explain. I got a reply with several different lame excuses such as how expensive it is to ship a car out of the US amongst others, none of which were relevant. I have checked with several of my buddies here and nobody can look at the vehicles for sale on Ebay. </div></div>

Believe me, I have no great love for eBay myself, but something just doesn't seem right here. eBay is a worldwide community. I hope it gets straightened out.

jannes_z-28
11-10-2013, 06:15 AM
I have no problems browsing the eBay Motors.

Nothing blocked from this part of the world.

Jan

downunder1
11-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Just tried again, no joy.

parkbrau
11-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Good to go from here as well.

Tommy
11-10-2013, 12:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XXXBlackLs6M22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone else noticed you can no longer view what people have bought when you view there feedbacks. eBay just keeps shooting themselves in the foot as the years go buy. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/no.gif </div></div>

I noticed that as well. It must have just started because I can see some of the items from a few weeks ago still but nothing new is showing up.

Tommy <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/3gears.gif

downunder1
11-10-2013, 06:32 PM
This is part of the reply I received from Ebay.

Specifically, the independent service provider that offers protection for vehicle protection, or Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP) only protects transactions where the seller, buyer, and vehicle are all located in the US or Canada. Since buying a vehicle internationally would not be protected, we do not encourage our buyers to purchase in such a manner. This is why we do not allow you to see that listings, simply because we cannot promote sales that are not protected

Fast67VelleN2O
11-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Trying starting a new user name registered with Ebay USA. Not .AU and register your address with your usual shipping contact in the USA.

JJEH
11-12-2013, 11:01 AM
That's just wrong. But I quit using ebay myself a long time ago.

Rather stick with craigslist and online boards.