PDA

View Full Version : 2nd new to me (1979) another 69 SS

bbbentley
11-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Yea, I know, I'm crazy. Yes, I have 3 69's and 2 were bought in 79. Don't have many pics of this car as I only drove it 30 days till temporary plates expired, then disassembled and put it in my parent's basement. SS car, L48(350/300) LeMans Blue. Will probably sell to finance BB car's resto.

markinnaples
12-02-2013, 01:56 PM
That is a beautiful car. How is it condition-wise? Where are you located, up north?

I missed out on a FG '69 RS 327 auto for $3k in the late 80's that was just solid, ugh.

bbbentley
12-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Another pic

bbbentley
01-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Kind of a breakthrough momment.
Today, I made contact with the previous owner of my blue car. He was surprised, to say the least, that I still had the car after so long. I don't know why I did not seek him out sooner. I guess it was the fact that I "cocooned" my cars for 20 years while raising a family and put the car hobby out of my head for that time. I just did not have the money or time for hobbies. Now, I still do not have money, what's worse is energy (another key ingredient) is waning with age. You may recall, I purchased car in 1979. I was 18 then. There was a local trader paper that came out weekly called the Trad'in Post. I still have the issue that had the ad for this car. The previous owner shed some light on the history in our conversation. Information new to me, he shared, was his mom owned the car and he got it from her. She bought it used, I presume, in the early 70's after her 1st 69 was totaled in an accident. He still lives in the Greater Cincinnati area, like me. He told me that his mom bought the 1st one,a white 6cyl. 69, new. His older sister was driving it one day and hit an ice patch and totaled the car. His mom replaced that car with what is now my car, a Lemans Blue SS L48. When I acquired car, it was an unmodified, unmolested car other than the funky outside mirrors added and a Sears under dash AC, which was the first thing I canned.The car is a manual steering car, which he thought it was odd that his mom settled for a non power steering car. Hopefully(fingers crossed) he produces some documents. Just a reminder of this car's facts: This is an 11D (68) Nor. built, It is a LeMans Blue car, but shows special paint code on trim tag because it has a white D90 and a black vinyl top (the default color for stripe should be black,hence spcl.paint)It has Black houndstooth, tinted glass, auxillary lighting, endura bumper,po6 trim rings, console with tach/guages,born with drivetrain L48,turbo 350,BS (3.31 posi).

7T8LT
01-29-2014, 11:05 PM
Bentley, this is the car that you need to have at the Pumpkin Run instead of the yellow one. It's Jeff, George and Dan's buddy. I am in the same boat as you trying to find someone to put the floor in my X11 car.

bbbentley
02-11-2014, 01:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7T8LT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bentley, this is the car that you need to have at the Pumpkin Run instead of the yellow one. It's Jeff, George and Dan's buddy. I am in the same boat as you trying to find someone to put the floor in my X11 car. </div></div>
Thanks,get a hold of me to chat. George and I go way back when we were both teens. He had a nice 62 ImpSS Black w/ red interior that he, unfortunately, totaled. Pumpkin Run is a large(2500-3000) pre-70 car show in Cincy area held in Oct. for Hot Rods, Customs, Street Machines and Muscle cars.