PDA

View Full Version : Roger Rodas and Paul Walker

SS427
12-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Our hearts go out to the family of our customer and friend Roger Rodas as well to the family of Paul Walker who were both killed in a tragic accident on Saturday. I flew out to Roger's shop a little over a year ago to inspect several of his cars including a supposed LS6 convert he had recently purchased. The collection he and Paul owned was beyond description and some of the nicest and most exotic cars I had ever seen. Roger bought the Forest Green 'Pilot' LS6 Chevelle from Mark Mitchell that we had restored a few years ago and had since been resold. I had received an email from Roger this Friday and had yet to view it till this morning due to my travels and now only wish I would have responded. God rest their souls.
MCRD Inc

tom406
12-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and client. Paul Walker seemed like a very generous and grounded guy in all the things I had seen or read about him. My heart goes out to his 15 yr old daughter who will certainly be missing his presence in her life.

Xplantdad
12-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Wow...that's too bad...Sorry to hear about this Rick!

69hurstSC
12-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Tragic in all senses.

PeteLeathersac
12-02-2013, 07:03 PM
So sorry to hear such terrible news.
Prayers and condolences to their children, families and friends.
~ Pete

markinnaples
12-20-2013, 02:41 PM
It's strange, my son loves all of the F&F movies and of course I go and don't mind the way they stretch reality as it's just usually clean fun for the family, so through most of these movies you almost feel you get to know the characters such as Paul Walker as Brian O'Connor.

My 13 yo son is really bummed about losing him, and for some strange reason it has hit me a little more than I would have thought as I am generally not a fan of Hollywood types and that whole morass of immorality, but he did just seem different than your average star. And after hearing about how he ran his life under the radar and gave so much away and really tried to help people, it turns out to be a loss of a decent guy.

May Jesus rest his soul, as well as the soul of Mr. Rodas, and comfort their families. When you think of all of the useless and detrimental-to-society people out there, it's a bummer when you lose guys who seem to want to better society and help people.

markinnaples
02-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Nice article about the man, not the actor:

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/...cy-lessons.html (http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/how-to/growth-strategies/2014/02/paul-walker-executive-legacy-lessons.html)

SS427
06-17-2015, 02:21 PM
It just gets worse. Annie called me this morning and said she saw this on the news. I hope they are wrong as Rich was a very nice young man and very professional when I had Roger and Paul as customers. Sad what some people will do for money.

Roger Rodas/Paul Walker cars stolen (http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2015/6/16/Over-30-Of-Paul-Walker-s-Cars-Were-Stolen-Within-24-Hours-Of-His-Tragic-Death-7727520/)