PDA

View Full Version : Barrett-Jackson News Release for the AZ auction

Xplantdad
12-17-2013, 01:52 AM
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">BARRETT-JACKSON &amp; FOX ANNOUNCE MAJOR CROSS-NETWORK EXPANSION OF SIGNATURE SCOTTSDALE AUCTION</span></span>

Renowned Collector Car Auction Televised By Major Broadcast Television Network

“World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™” To Reach Millions of New Viewers, Jan. 14-19, 2014

Scottsdale, Ariz. – Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, today announced that FOX Sports has expanded its viewership reach for the Scottsdale, Arizona auction to include five channels within its family of networks – in total, there are 36 hours and six-consecutive days of live, high-definition auction coverage starting with FOX Sports 2 on Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 7 PM ET (5:00 PM MT). The Barrett-Jackson and FOX partnership and expanded coverage are highlighted by the event’s first-ever appearance on FOX, starting Saturday, Jan. 18 at 3:00 PM ET (1:00 PM MT).

Barrett-Jackson’s 43rd annual Scottsdale auction – held Jan. 12-19, 2014 – will be seen on channels including FOX, the FOX Business Network, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2 and the National Geographic Channel.

“Thanks to our partnership with FOX, Barrett-Jackson’s 2014 Scottsdale auction will be available to tens of millions of new viewers, as our legendary auction expands to an event carried live on nationally broadcast television across the larger platform of the FOX network,” said Craig Jackson, Chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “Our 2014 Scottsdale auction is shaping up to be our biggest event yet and we’re excited to share this lifestyle experience with new viewers and die-hard enthusiasts. The collector car industry is evolving and we’re proud to be part of it.”

The Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction will be televised to the largest television audience in collector car auction history. It provides the auction company an opportunity to both reach the already dedicated automotive enthusiast and to introduce its high-energy presentation and collector car lifestyle to a broad new audience.

Executive Producer Rick Miner talked about the auction, and what viewers can expect.

“FOX continues to grow and expand the viewership reach for our Barrett-Jackson programming, including the auction’s first-ever appearance on FOX and the addition of the FOX Business Network to our regular coverage hours - it doesn’t get any better than that,” Miner said. “During our FOX coverage, a series of incredible American muscle cars are set to cross the Barrett-Jackson auction block, immediately followed by ‘Super Saturday’ on the National Geographic Channel, which includes the prestigious Salon Collection, an exclusive collection of rare cars. It will be a great showcase for the hobby.”

2014 BARRETT-JACKSON SCOTTSDALE COVERAGE (Subject to Change):

Tuesday, Jan. 14
<span style="font-weight: bold">FOX Sports 2</span>
7:00 – 9:00 PM Eastern
5:00 – 7:00 PM Mountain

Tuesday, Jan. 14
<span style="font-weight: bold">FOX Business Network</span>
9:00 – 11:00 PM Eastern
7:00 – 9:00 PM Mountain

Wednesday, Jan. 15

Wednesday, Jan. 15

Thursday, Jan. 16

Thursday, Jan. 16

Friday, Jan. 17
<span style="font-weight: bold">FOX Sports 1</span>
2:00 – 9:00 PM Eastern
12:00 – 7:00 PM Mountain

Friday, Jan. 17
9:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern
7:00 – 10:00 PM Mountain

Saturday, Jan. 18
<span style="font-weight: bold">FOX</span>
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM Eastern
1:00 – 3:00 PM Mountain

Saturday, Jan. 18
<span style="font-weight: bold">National Geographic Channel</span>
5:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern
3:00 – 10:00 PM Mountain

Sunday, Jan. 19
2:00 PM – 5:00 PM Eastern
12:00 – 3:00 PM Mountain

Sunday, Jan. 19
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM Eastern
3:00 – 5:00 PM Mountain

To preview this year’s auction, FOX Sports 1 presents a special SCOTTSDALE 2014 PREVIEW SHOW premiering Thursday, Dec. 19 at 8:00 PM ET (6:00 PM MT). This show takes a look at many of the headlining vehicles crossing the block this January and shares their background stories.

THE SCOTTSDALE 2014 PREVIEW SHOW (Subject to Change):

Thursday, Dec. 19*
8:00 – 9:00 PM Eastern
6:00 – 7:00 PM Mountain

Wednesday, Dec. 25
10:00 – 11:00 PM Eastern
8:00 – 9:00 PM Mountain

Thursday, Dec. 26
2:00 – 3:00 PM Eastern
12:00 – 1:00 PM Mountain
*Denotes Premiere

In addition, premiering Dec. 25 at 5:00 PM ET (3:00 PM MT), FOX Sports 2 presents a real taste of the auction as it relives the best moments, stories and sales in the BEST OF SCOTTSDALE 2013.

BEST OF SCOTTSDALE 2013 (Subject to Change):

Wednesday, Dec. 25
5:00 – 10:00 PM Eastern
3:00 – 8:00 PM Mountain

njsteve
12-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Did you also hear that Mecum has switched to the NBC-Sports network from Velocity. Now you'll be able to see it on regular cable instead of the extra cost Velocity channel.

Xplantdad
12-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Nice!

XXXGoldL34M20
12-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Great news for the Muscle car hobby, the more coverage these cars get the better it is for the hobby.
Look forward to watching the Mecum auctions for a change <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Bill Pritchard
12-17-2013, 03:21 AM
Coverage on the National Geographic Channel seems a bit peculiar <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

68l30
12-17-2013, 01:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Pritchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coverage on the National Geographic Channel seems a bit peculiar <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif </div></div>

Our cars &amp; hobby have now truely become like the dinosaurs &amp; Atlantis .... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

BIG

Billohio
12-28-2013, 01:31 PM
I can't wait for the no commercials channel!

scorpio ps
12-30-2013, 04:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 68l30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Pritchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coverage on the National Geographic Channel seems a bit peculiar <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif </div></div>

Our cars &amp; hobby have now truely become like the dinosaurs &amp; Atlantis .... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

BIG

</div></div>

How true but then again everything has a lifespan. And when it's over it ends up on the History or the National Geographic Channel. How many twenty to thirty year olds are interested in what we have. They don't read so how would you expect them to read the repair or build manuals. You speak boxed control arms and they think you are talking about a game on XBox. I know, I have them in my house and I also employ them.

Tommy Nolen
12-30-2013, 02:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scorpio ps</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 68l30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Pritchard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Coverage on the National Geographic Channel seems a bit peculiar <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif </div></div>

BIG

</div></div>

How true but then again everything has a lifespan. And when it's over it ends up on the History or the National Geographic Channel. How many twenty to thirty year olds are interested in what we have. They don't read so how would you expect them to read the repair or build manuals. You speak boxed control arms and they think you are talking about a game on XBox. I know, I have them in my house and I also employ them. </div></div>

It's the generation gap.....a couple of years ago I had my '62 Impala SS 409 at a Super Chevy Show and this young man walked up looking at my car, got his cap on backwards and his jeans down around his knees and he says to me &quot;this thing got hydraulics&quot;? Without giving his question any thought I replied &quot;naw, it's got solids&quot;. The kid looked at me kinda funny and just walked away. I don't know if it ever dawned on him but a few seconds later I thought, damn, the kid was asking about the suspension and I'm thinking lifters!!! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

Mr70
12-30-2013, 03:41 PM
I hear ya.
I had to LOL when I saw two boasting about Xenon lights &amp; a fart pipe in their 4 banger rice rocket at a car cruise this summer.

68l30
12-30-2013, 04:50 PM
One of the last Camaro shows I was at was all new cars. I was the odd man out and felt very out of place. Times they are a changing!

BIG