PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Larry Lujack

Mr70
12-19-2013, 11:56 PM
So many of us grew up listening to the SuperJock throughout the 60's & 70's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yQrevKjaYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Mjx7tfTJY

John Brown
12-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Heard the news on WLS this afternoon. Loved listening to Ole Uncle Lar and Little Tommy, especially their Animal Stories bit. http://www.chevelles.com/forums/images/smilies/laughing.gif

He was a real trip. RIP Larry.

sixbrl440
12-20-2013, 09:08 AM
I was a DJ in Chicago back in the late eighties, early nineties. I did mobile work and loved doing weddings.

Larry was my go to guy, if I ever got in a bind for a song. Many early AM breakfasts. Will miss his stories... RIP, Uncle Lar

Postsedan
12-20-2013, 09:24 AM
It`s very sad to hear the news that someone passed you grew up with.... RIP Larry.

Dan

TimG
12-20-2013, 01:35 PM
My word, I grew up listening to Larry. I remember listening to Animal Stories on AM radio even in the 80's.

olredalert
12-20-2013, 01:58 PM
----I still have the "Animal Stories" tapes and listen to them when Im traveling. Those guys could laugh. Sometimes I think half the show was them laughing hilariously! R.I.P. Larry......Bill S

TimG
12-20-2013, 02:07 PM
I remember the story about the guy that was fishing and his little dog was hot, so he put him in the water. A big fish came and took him down like bait. Another story was about a lady moving her Thanksgiving turkey and it slipped out of her hands and landed on her little dog. The turkey won. It was a bad Thanksgiving for that family.

70 Forest Green Zee
12-20-2013, 02:37 PM
I too remember listening to Larry Lujack in my younger years and I even got the chance to meet him once. His "animal stories" with Tommy Edwards was iconic and will probably never be duplicated and synonymous with Chicago radio. Lujack and I also had 1 big thing in common.....we both hated Steve Dahl's freekin guts!!! R.I.P Larry Lujack.

earntaz
12-20-2013, 04:29 PM
RIP Larry Lujack -- as already mention the Animal Stories with Little Snot Nose Tommie was awesome ... I as well has some of their tapes. We could go on and on relating to all the different stories.

Save us a spot Larry ...

70 Forest Green Zee -- had one much like that (green/green) while stationed at Cannon AFB in NM ... bought new from Doc Stewart Chev. Brings back memories -- it was an awesome ride.

TAZ

kwhizz
12-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Back in 79 we were playing Golf at Kemper Lakes Golf course and Uncle Larr was playing in front of us and Stan Mikita was behind us..........Larr was Cool and Mikata was an Asshole......I remember that it was in the 90's and Humid ....and Uncle Larr had on a Denim long sleeve shirt with little Piggies sewn onto both sleeves.....had a long conversation with him while loading up the cars........Cool Guy!!!.........Did I mention that Mikita was an Asshole!!...........RIP Uncle Larr........

Bill Pritchard
12-20-2013, 10:20 PM
RIP, Larry. In addition to listening to him back in the day, he and Tommy got to reprise their roles for a couple years on a top-of-the-dial AM oldies station in Chicago about 8-10 yrs ago, and I got to hear them then, too <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif

earntaz
12-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Back in the day there was a Mr Norms commercial played by old Uncle Larr on WLS in Chicago -- it was the same theme as the Superman &quot;leadin&quot; ... here it is (the best I can remember)

Faster than a 440 Magnum, more powerful than a street Hemi, can leap wide intersections at a single bound. What described as a small subcompact at a large Chicago dealer fights a never ending battle for street, strip and the interstate … Mr Norms Grand Spalding Dodge.

Commercial was talking about Mr Norms 440 powered GSS Dart ...