PDA

View Full Version : I'm no KWIZZ :)

DBelk
01-04-2014, 01:16 AM
Thought I would share some pictures of items I have been working on at my business. I have been wanting to do these things to the Nickey for awhile and finally have done them. I had a new windshield put in, I put in a new dash pad, finally found some proper hood hinge springs to hold the fiberglass hood up properly and installed a new hood latch assembly. Seems like its not a big deal until you are constantly putting a broom handle in there to hold up the hood. I also made up and installed some rear tire squirters. That should work real well with the line-lock. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif Whats the best fluid to put in there? Dave http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/01/full-7360-8823-dash.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/01/full-7360-8824-squirter.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/01/full-7360-8825-windshield.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/01/full-7360-8826-nickey.jpg

Xplantdad
01-04-2014, 01:29 AM
That's cool Dave! I would think that water would be fine in the squirters (or bleach <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif ) <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Salvatore
01-04-2014, 01:58 AM
man that car really cleaned up nice. We were they the first day it arrived at your shop. What a difference! Thats really a nice ride.

DBelk
01-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Thanks Sammy. That was a day to remember. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif I remember taking it to the Gibb show a few days after I got it. It was pretty crude then and most at the show walked right by it. I probably would have myself. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Bruce, I heard bleach might do some damage? I'll try out the water. When it gets nice out I will post a video of them in action. I mounted a pump below the stock reservoir and put a push button switch under the dash. Bimbi told me they actually put that on a car back in the day at Nickey.

Xplantdad
01-04-2014, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBelk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Sammy. That was a day to remember. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif I remember taking it to the Gibb show a few days after I got it. It was pretty crude then and most at the show walked right by it. I probably would have myself. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Bruce, I heard bleach might do some damage? I'll try out the water. When it gets nice out I will post a video of them in action. I mounted a pump below the stock reservoir and put a push button switch under the dash. Bimbi told me they actually put that on a car back in the day at Nickey. </div></div>

Dave, the bleach comment was a smiley face comment. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Water will work fine. We actually did the same thing with an extra windshield washer pump back in 1981...and it sprayed water, too. Worked really well! Video will be neat to see <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif

Born30YrsLate
01-04-2014, 05:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DBelk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Sammy. That was a day to remember. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif I remember taking it to the Gibb show a few days after I got it. It was pretty crude then and most at the show walked right by it. I probably would have myself. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Bruce, I heard bleach might do some damage? I'll try out the water. When it gets nice out I will post a video of them in action. I mounted a pump below the stock reservoir and put a push button switch under the dash. Bimbi told me they actually put that on a car back in the day at Nickey. </div></div>

Dave, the bleach comment was a smiley face comment. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

Water will work fine. We actually did the same thing with an extra windshield washer pump back in 1981...and it sprayed water, too. Worked really well! Video will be neat to see <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/burnout.gif </div></div>

Or run the lines into the cockpit and fill the resevoir with your favorite beverage...not much for cup holders back then <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

DBelk
01-04-2014, 10:56 PM
I like that idea. Blue Moon it is.

SuperNovaSS
01-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Why waste precious beer when you could save a bathroom stop? :-)
Looking good Dave!

Jason

DBelk
01-05-2014, 02:05 AM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif Thanks Jason. Now that's ingenious!

PeteLeathersac
01-05-2014, 02:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Born30YrsLate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Or run the lines into the cockpit and fill the resevoir with your favorite beverage...not much for cup holders back then <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif </div></div>

I remember seeing kits like this on display at the new car show back in the 60's.
Tanks were mounted in the trunk w/ dispensers under the dash, hard to believe now but Car Bar was the name.
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif
~ Pete

kwhizz
01-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Love that Car!!!

barker
01-07-2014, 08:33 PM
CANNOT WAIT to see the tire squirter's in ACTION!!!!

Dennis