PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea ??

COPO CARTEL
01-06-2014, 02:56 PM
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif We need a forum for the value on parts etc ....it would greatly help those in need as well as help others that negotiate costs on parts Simply called if I may borrow the term ....WHAT'S IT WORTH .....first thing I would sell is my ex wife. Lol. Thanks guy.

sYc
01-06-2014, 03:01 PM
What's she worth? <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif

COPO CARTEL
01-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Lol Tom ...I know what she cost me to get rid of her ....so I would say take that amount and subtract 10% for scratch and dent.

Mr70
01-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Although in theory,I agree with your specific &quot;What's it Worth?&quot; forum idea,I don't like what they eventually turn in to.
I've seen these unfold with more problems &amp; drama then website administrators ever for saw.

For example,on two other sites I belong to,members would circumvent the specific &quot;For Sale&quot; forum by asking &quot;What it's Worth?&quot;,then email the people who quoted em a price in the forum privately to see if they were interested in buying it for the amount they just stated.
As well as members would email the author privately asking them if they would take X amount for it...it turns into a silent auction forum basically.
Being as you have to be a paid member here to post a For Sale ad,I could see many non members jumping on that idea here too.

Both those sites had to post in giant bold letters..&quot;NO OFFERS TO BUY OR SELL ARE ALLOWED IN THIS FORUM&quot; in those topics headers,but that didn't &amp; still doesn't detour people from doing that privately.A few members were banned.
One of the sites deleted the &quot;What's it Worth?&quot; forum altogether,while another is still putting up with it.
It also brings up a lot of daily controversy,as so many peoples opinions &amp; locations vary and they take it personally.

WILMASBOYL78
01-06-2014, 05:21 PM
The Team sites (Nova, Camaro and Chevelle) all have this...not sure how it works for them...but, I do enjoy reading it when visiting those sites.

As for the SYC...seems to me there are enough experts that can be contacted via PM or email among the members here to get help with value/pricing. I know that I have contacted some of the gurus here to get their feedback...it's not a fool proof method, but it works. I have also seen folks post the &quot;what's it worth &quot; question here in some of the forums we have...that seems to work also <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif

<span style="color: #CC0000">So, having said all that how much is Tibor worth ?? slightly less than Cumby I would imagine...but a lot more than Howie <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif
</span>

Material_Boy
01-06-2014, 06:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C O P O CARTEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lol Tom ...I know what she cost me to get rid of her ....so I would say take that amount and subtract 10% for scratch and dent. </div></div>

LOL!

COPO CARTEL
01-06-2014, 06:28 PM
So, having said all that how much is Tibor worth ?? slightly less than Cumby I would imagine...but a lot more than Howie......I will trade you one <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/CharleySucks.gif for one Kwhizz, and MOF from Fishkill ! Howie is untradeable....but not worthless....his value is speculative. Sorry Charley.....you have now become like trading cards ....and look at the crowd you are linked to. Lol. All in fun guys. I am like Howie ....2 of clubs