PDA

View Full Version : Employee unit's from Loraine

SoupCoup
01-27-2014, 08:08 PM
I just purchased a 93 thunderbird Super Coupe(R code)3.8 s/c. I have 5 other 1989-95 T-bird's/cougars,but this 1 has another tag beside the buck tag(on right corner of rad support)that HAS "EMPLOYEE UNIT" stamped out of it.It is painted body color & is spot welded to the support where as the buck tag is fastened with one screw(as it is on the other 5).It was produced in the Loraine Ohio plant,does anyone know if this is something they did if it was ordered by a plant worker or could have been anybody that worked for Ford?Has anyone heard of or seen this before ?It is the same size as the buck tag with no other markings on it.

Charley Lillard
01-27-2014, 09:58 PM
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/01/full-23-9297-pichers1.jpg

SoupCoup
01-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Sorry,I thought my description of the the tag(same thickness & size as the buck tag) would be sufficant,but I will post a pic of it if that will help determine if anybody had heard of this or what it meant.

PxTx
01-28-2014, 04:09 PM
My guess is that Tony "Old 5.0" on this site will have some insight on the tag. He's helped my on the SAAC Mustang that Charley used to own.

old5.0
01-31-2014, 09:17 PM
MN-12 T-Birds aren't my area of expertise, and I've never come across a tag stamped "EMPLOYEE UNIT". I would bet that it's just as the OP guessed; the car was ordered by an employee at Loraine.

SoupCoup
01-31-2014, 11:17 PM
Thanks, Did some research of my own, in Ontario for $20.00 you can get a print out from ministry of all previous owners back to 1975? I think is cut off? I've known this for years,so ran the Vin # & the orig owner was Burlington Ont.All it gives is a name & city/town-no street.A little more playing around with directory assitence & a couple of wrong #'s I found the owners daughter.He worked at the Oakville Ford plant from 1969-1994 as a maitenance electrictian.She remebembered the car was happy to hear & see it still in good condition.So must have been anybody that worked for Ford of north america.When they placed a order maybe some spot on form for employ # or something?She did say that it did come with Moonroof & he hadn't ordered it that way & it wasn't on invoice either.It does say moon on the buck tag I know.Somebody punched in something a little extra at plant?I think it was a $812.00 option.