PDA

View Full Version : MCACN 2014: Barn Finds / As is

Devil
02-20-2014, 04:42 PM
With great acclaim, we're coming back for 2014!

2013 was a breakout year for the Barn Finds / As is section. We had 22 cars and the section was packed all weekend.

We're looking for a new group of cars to star in this area. We already have a 69 1/2 A12 SuperBee signed up!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5493/11031564303_131cd525d9_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7350/11031612826_3777812f41_c.jpg

Ryan

Ryan1969Chevelle
02-20-2014, 11:27 PM
Great stuff Ryan B.

A highlight of the entire show.

Shiny is nice......but ratty is where its at.

Ryan W.

bashton
02-25-2014, 09:16 PM
1969.5 M-code 440+6 Super Bee coming in from Texas;check!
1967 Camaro SS/RS found in AZ; check!
1969 AMC SC/Rambler from MN; check!

We're off and running!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
02-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Wish I could get in touch with the owner of the 68-1/2 Pabst Blue Ribbon 428SCJ Torino. Have only ever heard about it and the fact that it is to have only a few hundred miles on it.

69hurstSC
03-10-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm looking forward to showing the SC! I'm currently digging up the full history of the car and will have that on hand.

L78M22Rag
03-11-2014, 02:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1969.5 M-code 440+6 Super Bee coming in from Texas;check!

We're off and running!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member </div></div>

What's the story on the 1967 Camaro SS/RS found in AZ? When I offered to bring my 1969 Monaco Orange L78 Chevelle that had been sitting in AZ for decades with original paint and motor, I was told that it was not rare enough?

Ryan1969Chevelle
03-11-2014, 07:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78M22Rag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1969.5 M-code 440+6 Super Bee coming in from Texas;check!

We're off and running!

Bashton

What's the story on the 1967 Camaro SS/RS found in AZ? When I offered to bring my 1969 Monaco Orange L78 Chevelle that had been sitting in AZ for decades with original paint and motor, I was told that it was not rare enough? </div></div>

Maybe Bob will reconsider.......? A barn find Monaco Orange 69 Chevelle L78 I would pay the price of admission just to see that. (hope I'm not stirring the pot too bad)

Ryan

bashton
03-11-2014, 10:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78M22Rag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1969.5 M-code 440+6 Super Bee coming in from Texas;check!

We're off and running!

Bashton

What's the story on the 1967 Camaro SS/RS found in AZ? When I offered to bring my 1969 Monaco Orange L78 Chevelle that had been sitting in AZ for decades with original paint and motor, I was told that it was not rare enough? </div></div>

Helmut;

I don't recall your request. If it was sent to me as a &quot;I have a 69 Chevelle I want to put in barn finds&quot; with no pictures, description or story, or if you asked after around September, it is possible I turned you away. If I knew it was a <span style="font-style: italic">real</span> '69 Monaco Orange L78 Chevelle, we would welcome it.

You would be surprised at how many average but never finished projects and just plain old &quot;regular&quot; cars ask to be there, since the owners know they would not qualify to be in the &quot;regular&quot; part of the show!

Thanks and please send pics and info if you would like to join us! [email protected]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
03-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Oh...and to answer the question on what makes the 67 RS/SS special...

The car was acquired from the current owners Grandmother, who purchased it new. He went to visit her in AZ as he had never met her before. He didn't even know she owned a Camaro until his recently found birth-mother told him after she learned he was a &quot;car guy&quot;. He later found out that the car was actually sitting in the back yard in AZ where it had been parked many years ago. After some negotiation, he was able to secure the car and recently brought it home to Virginia. It is a totally unmolested original. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/Can-I-Have-It.gif

Here is the story; http://barnfinds.com/all-in-the-family-1967-camaro-rsss/

Thanks!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

L78M22Rag
03-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Bob,
I gave you a complete write-up along with photos. Your reply said &quot;Although no doubt cool, especially being Monaco Orange and an L78, we are really looking for cars that are either considerably rarer, or have some really weird history.&quot;

At the time, I really wanted to show it because the car was truly in &quot;as found&quot; condition. You could hardly see through the windows due to years of weathering and fragments of the original weathered vinyl top were clinging to the corners. Besides that, I was hauling the car home at the time and considering leaving it with Dan Vasic to bring to the show... and afterwards having Dan give it a once-over to get it back on the road. Unfortunately, it's here in my garage and I've cleaned it up a bit, so its not going to make the trip to the show.

I'm sure that 67 Camaro from AZ will be popular at the show... I know it would get my attention.

bashton
03-11-2014, 10:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78M22Rag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At the time, I really wanted to show it because the car was truly in &quot;as found&quot; condition. You could hardly see through the windows due to years of weathering and fragments of the original weathered vinyl top were clinging to the corners. Besides that, I was considering bringing the car to Chicago and leaving it with Dan Vasic to give it a once-over to get it back on the road. Now that its here in my garage and I've cleaned it up a little, I'm not likely to haul it back down there. </div></div>

Something certainly doesn't add up here, as all it would have taken was Dan V. telling me about it, and I would have been all over it. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Sorry it didn't work out!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Ryan1969Chevelle
03-11-2014, 11:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L78M22Rag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At the time, I really wanted to show it because the car was truly in &quot;as found&quot; condition. You could hardly see through the windows due to years of weathering and fragments of the original weathered vinyl top were clinging to the corners. Besides that, I was considering bringing the car to Chicago and leaving it with Dan Vasic to give it a once-over to get it back on the road. Now that its here in my garage and I've cleaned it up a little, I'm not likely to haul it back down there. </div></div>

Something certainly doesn't add up here, as all it would have taken was Dan V. telling me about it, and I would have been all over it. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif

Sorry it didn't work out!

Bashton

Either way I hope you can make it to the show with or without one of your Chevelles. (My vote would be with one of your Chevelles of course)

Ryan

bashton
03-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Helmut;

I'm not afraid to admit it looks like I dropped the ball on this one. Your Monaco Orange '69 L78 Chevelle would have certainly been a cool addition to our Barn Find/Hidden Gems area, and I am sure it would have been (and would be) well received.

With that being said, please consider this a humble invite to join us this year, with either this car or one of your L89's.

With my sincere apology;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Ryan1969Chevelle
03-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Straight up:-)

Ryan

L78M22Rag
03-12-2014, 10:45 PM
No worries Bob. I'll do all I can to be there this year... with or without a car.

Thanks

Postsedan
03-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Yippee....I get my free Steak Dinner at Gibson`s <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

Dan

TimG
03-13-2014, 03:41 PM
You're a good guy, Bob.........

Devil
03-21-2014, 02:42 AM
We're getting alot of great interest for the section. More cars signing up! Can't wait to see them all come together.

bashton
03-24-2014, 06:09 PM
Several more confirmed that I promise will be worth the price of admission just to see this section...

More on these later!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

bashton
03-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Add an incredible 1967 Z/28 that you have never seen before to the mix! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

downunder1
03-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Is there a DVD available for purchase on the MCACN 2013 or any other years.

Thanks,
John

bashton
03-31-2014, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downunder1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a DVD available for purchase on the MCACN 2013 or any other years.

Thanks,
John </div></div>

John;

Although we do not have an official DVD offered for sale, you can go to YouTube to see a wide variety that were produced by our friends at V8TV that truly catch the essence of the show.

With that being said, looks like we are overdue to offer one!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Devil
03-31-2014, 08:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: downunder1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a DVD available for purchase on the MCACN 2013 or any other years.

Thanks,
John </div></div>

Also there are wonderful photo galleries on the MCACN website and Facebook Group.

Devil
09-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Things are really coming together with the show. I can't wait until November!

We are always looking for more options with the Barn Finds display.

When you register on www.mcacn.com (http://www.mcacn.com), all you have to do is put &quot;Barn Finds&quot; in the club field.

cook_dw
09-05-2014, 04:50 PM
I would love to bring up the 68 L78.. Just not sure if I will be able this year.

bashton
09-06-2014, 01:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Devil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Things are really coming together with the show. I can't wait until November!

We are always looking for more options with the Barn Finds display.

When you register on www.mcacn.com (http://www.mcacn.com), all you have to do is put &quot;Barn Finds&quot; in the club field. </div></div>

Once again, this is going to be an awesome display with some <span style="font-style: italic">very significant</span> cars. We do have some room for a few more Barn Find/Hidden Gems. Keep in mind this is limited to cars that are <span style="font-style: italic">significant</span> or have <span style="font-style: italic">significant</span> and interesting history, not unfinished project cars or run-of-the-mill cars. You can not just sign up, as all cars must be pre-approved and suitable.

Not trying to be a dick, but I have been getting requests for some cars that, well...you just don't want to see at the MCACN show!

If you have a cool car that would fit and would like to join us for what many consider the most fun part of our show, please e-mail pics and history to [email protected]

Thanks;

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

cook_dw
09-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Wont waste mine or your time. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

bashton
09-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Had an influx of <span style="font-style: italic">awesome</span> Barn Find/Hidden Gem entries this past week, including several Corvettes, a Shelby, a Mopar and an incredible miniature 1959-60 miniature dealer promotional Corvette that is go-kart size!

We have a few more openings, so if you are &quot;on the fence&quot; and are considering being part of one of the coolest and most active area's of the MCACN show, let us know asap! [email protected]

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Devil
09-30-2014, 08:12 PM
Some great cars are coming out of the woodwork, but I want more! If you are &quot;on the fence&quot; and are considering being part of one of the coolest and most active area's of the MCACN show, let Bob know asap! [email protected]

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3694/11031689416_c1af0072ac_c.jpg

69hurstSC
10-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Pulling my SC/Rambler out of the storage facility it's in as the owner said, &quot;I'm locking the doors for the winter on the 15th of October&quot;. So, I'll have the SC staged in my garage until Nov. Don't worry, I won't wash it or wipe the bird s**t off!

bashton
10-07-2014, 02:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69hurstSC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pulling my SC/Rambler out of the storage facility it's in as the owner said, &quot;I'm locking the doors for the winter on the 15th of October&quot;. So, I'll have the SC staged in my garage until Nov. Don't worry, I won't wash it or wipe the bird s**t off! </div></div>

Cool! Can't wait to see this one.

On a related note, we had a <span style="font-style: italic"> second </span>Boss 429 sign up this week. Both have been raced since the early 70's, and both will be displayed as found. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif

Once again, this area is going to awesome!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
10-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Who wants to upload the pics of an as seen 455 H/O T/A 4spd?

Charley Lillard
10-13-2014, 02:26 PM
Click the 5th box from left and do it yourself.

Ryan1969Chevelle
10-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Hey Lon, DIY Or e-mail them to me:-)

Ryan

bashton
10-13-2014, 05:02 PM
We now have TWO long forgotten and very real Boss 429 drag cars coming in for the Barn Find/Hidden Gems area. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif

We have room for 4-5 more cars for this area, so let's break them out!

Bashton
MCAXCN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
10-13-2014, 05:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Click the 5th box from left and do it yourself. </div></div>
I am good at reading but horrible at figuring out what picture symbols mean! Actually didn't knôw that was for uploading pics.

Charley Lillard
10-13-2014, 07:54 PM
You can do it.....

PLATINUM6BBL
10-13-2014, 08:37 PM
3rd owner inherited this T/A. His dad had owned this for as long as I can remember so his dad probably got it in the mid to late 70's. 46k on the odo and is original. A Dr was the 1st owner. Currently has a wounded motor as the kid winged it doing a burnout <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/blush.gif. Guess he didn't realize Poncho's are low rpm torque monsters! He talked one time of building some wicked engine and go drag racing with it.
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/10/full-1686-17158-455_ho.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/10/full-1686-17159-455_ho_2.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/10/full-1686-17160-455_ho_3.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/10/full-1686-17161-455_ho_4.jpg
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/pics/usergals/2014/10/full-1686-17162-455_ho_6.jpg

Tracker1
10-13-2014, 10:01 PM
That ain't right...how much would it take to liberate this bird from that child's cage?

Charley Lillard
10-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Congrats on posting the pics..

Ryan1969Chevelle
10-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Way to go LON:-)

PLATINUM6BBL
10-13-2014, 11:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That ain't right...how much would it take to liberate this bird from that child's cage? </div></div>
Good question! He's been asked a lot. His grandpa was sick seeing it sit outside for so long after the motor wounding. Found out Saturday that he has talked to another neighbor about getting him to whip it into shape.

69hurstSC
10-14-2014, 03:29 PM
The SC being pulled out of the proverbial Barn and coming home where it will be staged until MCACN. Oh, did I mention there's 6 of these sheds on the property each over 100 yards long full of old cars? The &quot;long term storage&quot; shed contains cars that have been in those barns over 30 years. No I'm not telling you where it is. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/cool.gif

http://i57.tinypic.com/2wm03ue.jpg

bashton
11-13-2014, 11:00 AM
To say the Barn Find/Hidden Gems area will be over the top this year is, well...quite the understatement. Prepare to be shocked and amazed at what has surfaced this year, and expect the unexpected.

I predict that many jaws will be dropping next weekend in Rosemont!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Rixls6
11-13-2014, 11:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To say the Barn Find/Hidden Gems area will be over the top this year is, well...quite the understatement. Prepare to be shocked and amazed at what has surfaced this year, and expect the unexpected.

I predict that many jaws will be dropping next weekend in Rosemont!

Bashton

Time to prepare the &quot;jaw drop lock-out&quot; <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif

69hurstSC
11-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Man, I hope the cars in the Barn Find section aren't too nice. I don't want my SC/Rambler's rust to be contagious. <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif

bashton
11-14-2014, 02:50 PM
cough-cough....1968 Yenko...cough cough.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

PLATINUM6BBL
11-15-2014, 12:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bashton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cough-cough....1968 Yenko...cough cough.... <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/drool.gif

Bashton
You're having a full physical done and you're thinking of a 68 Yenko when you hear that rubber glove &quot;snap&quot;?! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/whistle.gif <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif

bashton
11-15-2014, 01:27 AM
24/7 and 365 days a year! <<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif

AND...be prepared to see something <span style="font-style: italic">really big</span>, with some very interesting cargo!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member